Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old April 26th, 2011, 01:15 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Re: My Time to Shine - Savage, 5/21/11

To kolakoski:

1. Although it is unclear to us outsiders in the First Post, his table rules can be ignored, as they apply to the acceptance of customs, which are not being allowed at this event anyhow. And yes, it was my first question also.

2. Its Sherman who accused the other three of us--since he wasn't able to go with us during that weekend--of recently going to Clan's Baltimore Con and lying about it because he didn't see any of us in the standings!

To Dadscaper:

1. Thanks for the interesting format. As we NYC guys eschew most A/A+ units as for sissies anyhow, we should be quite comfortable with your list of allowable units. Nice work.

2. "Jealous of Maryland" for what, exactly? OK, I'll give you the crabcakes...

3. I can almost guarantee you I won't win the event, but I'm afraid you're not safe with the other NYC guys around!

4. Actually, if you want to have a great event, you should allow all Sherman Davies customs. Of course, that list is probably as long as your Units Allowed List...
Old April 26th, 2011, 08:43 AM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

chas, Dad covered the house rules in a later post. I got it.

I've just put up the scenario, Stormy Weather!, for the Gang of Four's next gathering, on 5/13, on my blog.

http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1758

It is a 4-player FFA, with each army containing 480 points, and no unit higher than a "B", played on Nadious' Open the Floodgates (see picture in link below).

http://www.heroscapers.com/downloads...gates1_3dD.jpg

This is a record for me. I have appropriated ideas from at least 4 different Heroscape sources for this scenario: Dad's My Time To Shine, Clan's Multiplayer Madness, and my own Pirates! and A Swell Party!

Let me know what you think! Also, there is a backstory, hidden within the dry details of Stormy Weather!, waiting to be written. I usually write a paragraph or so to set it up, but the story eluded me. Maybe one of our creative writers could lend a hand (or is it pen, or fingers )?

Last edited by kolakoski; May 3rd, 2011 at 02:46 PM.
Old April 26th, 2011, 03:13 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post

I've just put up the scenario, Stormy Weather!, for the Gang of Four's next gathering, on 5/14, on my blog.

http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1758
Well met!

I have re-written it to eliminate the necessity of following links.
Old April 27th, 2011, 07:05 PM
Promising Cartographer

Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassistofDoom View Post
Robber and I need to meet and playtest our armies, but at this point I'm fairly sure what I am going to bring. In the past I've done fairly well with choosing armies so I have high hopes for this one as well. I am about 75 to 80% sure I will be able to come but I am uncertain about my brother, who may have baseball practice.
Yeah, definitely. I had practice with my neighbor, but I have to test against you more. But if I face you at the tournament, remember our major matchups-

Game 1- I am introduced to 'Scape. Winner- me.

Game 2- At my mini-tournament b-day party. Winner- Me.

Game 3- At the Christmas Chaos 2 tournament. Winner- me.

Game 4- At the 2/26 February prep tournament. Winner- me.

Notice a pattern, BoD? It'll stay that way.

So I've been asking around my growing group of heroscape addicts. Besides BoD, Camper and his brother are interested, but unsure if they can come. There might be a Warhammer 40K tournament the same day. My neighbor wants to go, and I am unclear on Isfactor, who had to miss the last tournament.

We'll bring some more maps... If he can, I bet BoD can bring a classic... Elswin Plateau, maybe? Although underground iceways looks amazingly epic.

Edit- And I'll bring the Defense and Move glyphs. I tested the map and it works fine.
Old April 27th, 2011, 07:37 PM

BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker

Let's see:
Excuse 1 - You and Twinkie ganged up on me
Excuse 2 - I need to think about this one...
Excuse 3 - My AE never dropped and you picked the army so maybe you were trying to sabotage me...
Excuse 4 - It was my first time with that army
So though you may have a 4-0 record against me, I can still come up with excuses for why I lost, no matter how ridiculous.
Besides, cockiness might just be your downfall...
But anyway, I'll see if I can bring a map but I need to wait until I am 100% positive that I am able to go. I'll probably know in a week or so. I do hope to be there, and hope that this time my dreams of winning shall not be crushed by the first battle (I faced spidysox first last time and I don't want to talk about it) .
Old April 27th, 2011, 07:48 PM
Promising Cartographer

Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Let's see:
Excuse 1 - You and Twinkie ganged up on me
Excuse 2 - I need to think about this one...
Excuse 3 - My AE never dropped and you picked the army so maybe you were trying to sabotage me...
Excuse 4 - It was my first time with that army
So though you may have a 4-0 record against me, I can still come up with excuses for why I lost, no matter how ridiculous.
Besides, cockiness might just be your downfall...
But anyway, I'll see if I can bring a map but I need to wait until I am 100% positive that I am able to go. I'll probably know in a week or so. I do hope to be there, and hope that this time my dreams of winning shall not be crushed by the first battle (I faced spidysox first last time and I don't want to talk about it) .
Excuse 1 of me winning- I am incredibly awesome.

Excuse 2 of me winning- I am incredibly awesome.

Excuse 3 of me winning- I am incredibly awesome.

Excuse 4 of me winning- I am incredibly awesome.

And yeah, we've had other games, but I can't remember you ever beating me...

Plus, I didn't "pick" the army. I suggested it, and you landed a decent spot after being crushed by me.

Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Robber; April 27th, 2011 at 07:57 PM.
Old April 28th, 2011, 11:41 AM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

@Robber and BOD. Are you guys sure your not brothers?

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.
Old April 28th, 2011, 11:54 AM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Wowzers, still more than three weeks left to go, yet you've already got over 18 committed yes attendees.

Clearly there's something very very special in Baltimore's water supply.
Old April 28th, 2011, 05:20 PM

BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancampbell View Post
Not brothers but friends who go to the same school, live less than 20 minutes away from each other, and have known each other for quite some time. And Typhon, it's not the water supply, clearly there are just a lot of people with their priorities in order.
Old April 28th, 2011, 06:05 PM
Promising Cartographer

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by clancampbell View Post
Not brothers but friends who go to the same school, live less than 20 minutes away from each other, and have known each other for quite some time. And Typhon, it's not the water supply, clearly there are just a lot of people with their priorities in order.
Nah, he's a ginger.

We like to pound on eachother regularly. It is very fun.

And because you didn't create excuses to my excuses, I win.

So there

Edit: But I do have to respect him- he just gave me the rubric to my science project... Feel free to make comebacks, excuses, etc.

For now.
Old May 8th, 2011, 11:11 AM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Less than 2 weeks! I'm excited.

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.
Old May 8th, 2011, 11:54 AM

shaugville is surprisingly tart

I can volunteer for some maps when it gets closer to the date. I am happy to let others pick first.

14 tournaments: 30-31 record (1-3 2-2 3-1 4-1 2-2 2-3 3-2 2-2 2-3 3-2 2-3 2-2 2-2 0-3)

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events