Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old July 25th, 2014, 09:17 AM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
The Book of Shieldsmiths of Granite Keep

The Book of Shieldsmiths of Granite Keep

C3V Wave 5 ("Wave 18") - Lodin's Discord - Sentinels of the Dark Hills

PDF Download

• The first figure used for this unit is from the Underdark set from the D&D Miniatures line. The name of the figure used is #05 Gold Dwarf Soldier.
  • The second figure used for this unit is from the Aberrations set from the D&D Miniatures line. The name of the figure used is #07 Hill Dwarf Warrior.
  • The third figure used for this unit is from the Angelfire set from the D&D Miniatures line. The name of the figure used is #31 Dwarf Mercenary.
  • The backup figure used for this unit is from the Giants of Legend set from the D&D Miniatures line. The name of the figure used is #10 Eberk, Adventurer.

Character Bio: Time and time again, the Axegrinders of Burning Forge have taught the enemies of the Allied forces that underestimating a small enemy can be a fatal mistake. The dwarves of Feylund have become respected and feared across Valhalla for their resilience and determination. But among the society of dwarves back on Feylund, the Axegrinders are considered reckless and foolhardy when compared to their brethren, the Shieldsmiths of Granite Keep.
With Indomitable, the Shieldsmiths can adapt to any situation; they can charge ranged enemies, or shifting their strength into powerful attacks to deliver deadly blows. And with their Steadfast ability, not even the mighty Jotun can throw them aside.

Spoiler Alert!

Quote:
Indomitable
If a Shieldsmith of Granite Keep begins his turn unengaged, add 2 to his Move value this turn. If he begins his turn engaged, add 2 to his Attack value this turn.

Steadfast
Shieldsmiths of Granite Keep cannot be moved by any special power on any opponent's Army Card.

Climb X2
When moving up or down levels of terrain, Shieldsmiths of Granite Keep may double their height.

- TBD

Synergy Benefits Received
  • CONCAN THE KYRIE WARRIOR : Knight and Sentinel Enhancement
    As Sentinels, the Shieldsmiths of Granite Keep may benefit from Concan the Kyrie Warrior’s KNIGHT AND SENTINEL ENHANCEMENT attack and defense bonus.
Synergy Benefits Offered
  • MOK: Gunner Special Attack & Gunner Casualties
    As Dwarf Squad figures, Shieldsmiths of Granite Keep may help Mok's GUNNER SPECIAL ATTACK and GUNNER CASUALTIES special abilities.
Synergy Imposed
  • WARDEN 816: Evisceraxe Special Attack
    As small figures, the Shieldsmiths of Granite Keep are immune to Warden 816's EVISCERAXE SPECIAL ATTACK.

Power Ranking and Master Index
Plenty of hitting power and staying power. Turns out good stats are good. B+ (Dok's Master List)

Unit Strategy Review
- TBD

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread

Last edited by superfrog; January 22nd, 2019 at 01:37 PM.
Old July 25th, 2014, 11:30 AM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Shieldsmiths of Granite Keep

For bonding, these guys can be Gunners for Mok. With that said:

220 Mok
280 Axegrinders
600 Shieldsmith x4
600pts/18hexes

Load up with Axegrinders and protect Mok with the Shieldsmith.

Last edited by Sheep; July 28th, 2014 at 01:03 PM.
Old July 28th, 2014, 03:09 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgames View Post
    As Sentinels, the Sentinels of Jandar may benefit from Concan the Kyrie Warrior’s KNIGHT AND SENTINEL ENHANCEMENT attack and defense bonus.
I think you meant Shieldsmiths of Granite Keep, not Sentinels of Jandar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V
Old July 28th, 2014, 12:57 PM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotli View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgames View Post
    As Sentinels, the Sentinels of Jandar may benefit from Concan the Kyrie Warrior’s KNIGHT AND SENTINEL ENHANCEMENT attack and defense bonus.
I think you meant Shieldsmiths of Granite Keep, not Sentinels of Jandar.
The Copy-and-Paste Beast rears its ugly head! Thanks.

~Z

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread
Old November 8th, 2014, 08:22 PM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

Shieldsmiths were played in seven games over Online Heroscape Season 16, winning four. Here were the matchups/formats (won):

Escape:
Shieldsmiths of Granite Keep x3, B-11 Resistance Corps, Major J15, Marcu Esenwein
Bahadur, Manauvi, Varkaanan Darkclaws, Varkaanan Swiftfangs, Eldgrim the Viking Champion

Treasure Quest:
Shieldsmiths of Granite Keep x3, Emperor Andask, Heirloom
Cyprien Esenwein, Skeletons of Annellintia x3

Heat of Battle:
Nicholas Esenwein, Bloodburst Thrall x5, Deathstrike Thrall x3, Preyblood Thrall x2, Marcu Esenwein

Shieldsmiths of Granite Keep x3, B-11 Resistance Corps, Major J15, Marcu Esenwein
Azurite Warlord, Roman Legionnaires x3, Me-Burq-Sa, Raelin the Kyrie Warrior [SotM]

Microcorp Troopers x3, Agent Skahen, Heirloom, Otonashi

Claim the Flag:
Mok, Shieldsmiths of Granite Keep x3

Cyprien Esenwein, Skeletons of Annellintia x3

I participated in five of those games, and I think the Shieldsmiths are very solid. Their low written stats are deceiving, and that 5 defense is no joke. Even though they lost three, I would take the Shieldsmith side in every one of those matchups except the Romans one (but only in HoB; kill-'em-all I would prefer the Shieldsmiths).

Old November 8th, 2014, 11:22 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Are you sure you would take their side in this matchup?
Quote:

--

Cool. I'm glad to see they are getting use and have shown themselves to be effective.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old November 9th, 2014, 12:52 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Are you sure you would take their side in this matchup?
Quote:

--

Cool. I'm glad to see they are getting use and have shown themselves to be effective.
Hah, I had the Mok side. Almost won. Andask and Heirloom w/2 wounds each vs. Mok w/5 wounds, 2 Gunners, and 2 Smiths left. Andask disengaged (hit), rolled 4/4 skulls, in which Mok roll 1/4 shields. Gunner Casualties didn't trigger (7), so Mok died and dropped the glyph. I lost an OM, and Andask flew over to grab the glyph to win.

SOOOOO close....
Old May 22nd, 2017, 02:13 AM

Dark_Stranger knows what's in an order marker Dark_Stranger knows what's in an order marker

Well, after a few weeks of internal back-and-forth, I finally took the plunge and ordered enough figures to get two squads of Shieldsmiths. Even though all three are apparently out of production, I was still able to scrape them up for less than $20 USD total. We'll see how they work for me when I get ahold of them, but I can easily see these fellows becoming my favorite melee squad.
Now I just need Mok and some Gnids...
Old June 17th, 2017, 11:09 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Stranger View Post
Well, after a few weeks of internal back-and-forth, I finally took the plunge and ordered enough figures to get two squads of Shieldsmiths. Even though all three are apparently out of production, I was still able to scrape them up for less than $20 USD total. We'll see how they work for me when I get ahold of them, but I can easily see these fellows becoming my favorite melee squad.
Now I just need Mok and some Gnids...
I hope you like 'em; they're one of my favorite squads.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old May 22nd, 2017, 11:11 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Good job finding them at such a reasonable price.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old June 17th, 2017, 02:10 PM

Dark_Stranger knows what's in an order marker Dark_Stranger knows what's in an order marker

Now that I've had a chance to use them a few times, I'd say these guys are easily in my top five favorite squads ever. Five defense gives them real staying power, and Indomitable just makes them fun to play and frightening to go up against. I'm in serious danger of forgetting my quest to proxy the Axegrinders and just getting a few more squads of these guys.
Old June 24th, 2017, 10:51 AM

chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness

They really are powerhouses. My one game with them they felt like mini heroes with how sturdy there were. I will probably play with them today now that I remember how good they felt.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs