Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old February 15th, 2015, 06:16 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Re: Superfrog's Maps -- Another look at Calida

I think I'm going to take of the sand hex completely. I like the thought of putting it under the glyph, but then you'd lose the ability to get height on the left glyph in 2 turns. I think I'll end up just leaving the sand spaces off entirely.

Thanks to all of you for your input. I really appreciate it all. Trust me, it's not too nitpick-y. I'm interested in this map being the best it can be.
Old February 16th, 2015, 01:23 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhon2222 View Post
I'll look forward to taking a peek at the newest version this eve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Also, random fact on the name: Calida is a Latin word meaning heat.

In case anybody is curious.... it's the same Latin word that gives us English words such as "cauldron" and "scald", which is kinda cool.
Spanish: calor, caliente, caloroso

Also: calories or caloric
Old February 16th, 2015, 02:36 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
Also: calories or caloric
Hah, I'd never put those together. Calories are so called because they generate heat? Awesome.
Old February 16th, 2015, 02:38 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

One calorie is the amount of energy required to raise 1 mL of water 1 degree C.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)

Last edited by Killometer; February 16th, 2015 at 03:03 PM. Reason: Thanks for taking the thread hijack in stride, superfrog. :D
Old February 16th, 2015, 02:43 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
One calorie is the amount of energy required to raise 1 mL of water 1 degree C.
That's a small calorie. A large Calorie (or a food Calorie) is 1000 small calories, or the energy required to raise a Liter of water 1 degree C.

Last edited by superfrog; February 16th, 2015 at 02:44 PM. Reason: It's kind of confusing having the same word apply to two different amounts...
Old February 16th, 2015, 04:26 PM
This is merely a joke.

PDF

.hsc file

I hope this is the final version. I rather like it. Thanks to dok, Kinseth, Killometer, Foudzing, and Typhon2222 for all their input.
Old February 16th, 2015, 04:51 PM

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Another small question I just saw: how well does Nilf fit on the sections of road between the big tree and either of the smaller trees? I'm concerned that his wings might get tipped up on the raised lava on either side. Is he at least able to get adjacent to all the spaces in those areas?

Old February 16th, 2015, 05:16 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Hmmm, if he's not, Killo, would that be a negative for you?

I figure part of Nilf's cost reflects the fact that he won't always be able to fit everywhere he might like. Maps that are generally unfriendly to double-hexers, affecting a large number of units, I think are to be avoided. But a map that is tough on a single highly ranked, hugely powerful, and undeniably underpriced unit seems like a different story.

I'll shed no tears for Nilfy. If a map is tough on him, great -- opt for svelte Braxas instead. The fittedness of certain particular figures to certain layouts of terrain seems like an integral part of the game to me, no different than Quasatch strength on Jungle maps, or Molty's pref for fire. Nilf, like TKN, faces challenges on tight maps with sheer verticals....
Old February 16th, 2015, 05:26 PM

I believe that all figures should at least be able to at least get adjacent to all spaces, to prevent any nyah-nyah-you-can't-get-me nonsense.

Old February 16th, 2015, 05:41 PM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

I don't really see the motivation behind making the middle levels 4/5 instead of 3/4. The extra level just seems to be unnecessarily make life harder for people who want to be on those spaces or challenge figures already on those spaces, which, given that they're already lava field, doesn't seem warranted to me.

Also, LOS blocker placement isn't particularly something I'm authoritative on, but I would think switching the small trees next to the molten lava with the adjacent molten lava spaces would provide slightly better LOS coverage for slow melee while keeping the pathing basically the same.

Old February 16th, 2015, 05:59 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
I believe that all figures should at least be able to at least get adjacent to all spaces, to prevent any nyah-nyah-you-can't-get-me nonsense.
Nilfy has range... He'll find a way. He always finds a way!

Last edited by Sheep; February 16th, 2015 at 05:59 PM. Reason: Now if it were someone like Grimnak, then we'd have an issue, IMO.
Old February 16th, 2015, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
Quote:
Nilfy has range... He'll find a way. He always finds a way!
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ead.php?t=8409

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios