Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old April 15th, 2015, 05:20 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Amanda Waller - Design Phase

I think it'd be disappointing if you couldn't build a Suicide Squad team - like in the upcoming movie - and play with them. Maybe start with 6 IED Markers, let you place them on your figures OR wait until enemy figures are destroyed? That way you can start with a team and recruit new members as the game goes on.
Old April 15th, 2015, 06:08 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I'm not thrilled or excited by the prospect of the 'time warp' version of her suicide squad recruitment where an enemy figure is defeated, captured, imprisoned for some length of time, visited by Amanda Waller where she offers an opportunity to 'earn' their early release, implants them with a bomb, then sends them on a secret mission on her behalf all in the matter of a few seconds. The capture and recruitment of members of the suicide squad should happen before the battle ever takes place. She assembles the team based on the mission requirements. If you want a figure that instantly takes control of your opponents forces you can do that with one of the mind control figures already in C3G.

Other than King Shark, who I see is a Shark, what are the species of some of the classic suicide squad members not currently covered by humans & metahumans?
Old April 16th, 2015, 12:13 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

aren't all the current figures outlaws? would that be a possibility for bonding limit?

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old April 16th, 2015, 04:40 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Another Brick in the Wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
aren't all the current figures outlaws? would that be a possibility for bonding limit?
Pretty sure that's Scandal Savage's shtick. Not that you can't duplicate it. That said, Alfred is actually a great cheap option if the human/metahuman route stays open.

~Dysole, who doesn't really have any suggestions
Old April 16th, 2015, 10:26 AM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

The heftier mini is definitely the one we should use. It's way more iconic. Turning "The Wall" into another improbably-fit, pretty face is one of the worst decisions DC made with New 52.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viegon View Post
NECESSARY FAIL-SAFES
When an opponent would take temporary or permanent control of a figure you control, you may reveal and remove an "X" Order Marker from this card to destroy that figure.
This is perfect for Waller. to working this in somewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
I think it'd be disappointing if you couldn't build a Suicide Squad team - like in the upcoming movie - and play with them. Maybe start with 6 IED Markers, let you place them on your figures OR wait until enemy figures are destroyed? That way you can start with a team and recruit new members as the game goes on.
I like this idea! Starting with no one in the Squad will make for a long game, and make her match-up dependent, but this would make for interesting gameplay. I would drop the markers to 4 though. With 6, it would be too easy to draft 3-4 figures into a solid team, and still have markers available to take over the opponent. 4 would make those initial decisions tougher.

Also, while I get what you're going for with Behind The Curtain, I'm just not feeling it. Something like Lex Luthor's Criminal Deception would be a better fit, I think. Maybe with Agents instead?

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old April 16th, 2015, 11:19 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Just to make sure I understand this correctly...

You only recruit an "agent" if your attack would KO/kill/disable whatever correct? and if so you keep the previous wound markers on the new agent. This doesn't seem to be too game breaking to me as they will usually only have 1 or 2 lives left anyway unless someone just gets really lucky/unlucky with a roll and manages to get a big hit.

Harley Quinn has 2 lives left and is attacked for 2 hits and rolls 0 shields instead of being KO'd she is recruited and still only has 2 lives left. Is this an accurate statement?

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old April 16th, 2015, 12:12 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Thought I'd chime in here since I do actually own some of the very earliest suicide squad stuff.

Not big on the non-Super Strength restriction since it would most likely cut out Blockbuster, and he was an original member.

Also don't really get the 'time warp' version, seems like that would be more for a Suicide Squad themed set of scenarios or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
One question, though - should there be a limit beyond species? I know that Suicide Squad is GENERALLY Criminals, Thieves, and other ne'er-do-wells, but is it unthematic to have law-abiding citizens on the team?
Rick Flag Jr., Bronze Tiger, Nightshade, Nemesis and Vixen are all more-or-less 'good guys' or at least not criminal types. Sort of true of Enchantress too, pretty sure she was in 'good guy mode' at the time anyway.

Even if you were trying to restrict it to 'bad guys', I don't know how you'd do it. There isn't one class that would make sense for all the members to have, Deadshot and Boomerang are already pretty specific classes and they absolutely have to get in. Not really an obvious class to deny either. Maybe restrict it to non-Valiant units?

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old April 16th, 2015, 01:41 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I am currently leaning towards johnny's version with TB's tweak of 4 markers.
This one is going to be tough to find a balance between theme and game play.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old April 16th, 2015, 01:52 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
I am currently leaning towards johnny's version with TB's tweak of 4 markers.
This one is going to be tough to find a balance between theme and game play.
I've found that those end up being some of the most fun designs, and I am liking that direction as well.
Old April 16th, 2015, 04:04 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Here's a shot at that... the "receive enough wounds to be destroyed" bit might need some wordsmithing but I think it works mechanically. And the Behind the Curtain bit riffs on the original version and Lex Luthor's powers.

Not sure how we would fit Strategic Management into this version though. Maybe drop the attack avoidance power and stick with a straight OM manager?

TASK FORCE X
Start the game with 4 white IED Markers on this card. At the start of the game, you may choose up to 4 Unique Human or Metahuman Heroes you control without the Super Strength Special Power and place an IED Marker on their card. Whenever an enemy figure would be destroyed or receive enough wounds to be destroyed, you may instead place an IED Marker from this card on that figure's Army Card. Remove all Order Markers from the affected figures Army Card and take permanent control of that figure and its Army Card. When Amanda Waller is destroyed, you must destroy one figure you control with an IED Marker on their card for each unrevealed Order Marker on this card.

NECESSARY FAIL-SAFES
When an opponent would take temporary or permanent control of a figure you control, you may reveal and remove an "X" Order Marker from this card to destroy that figure.

BEHIND THE CURTAIN
If a figure with an IED Marker or an Agent you control is within 6 clear sight spaces of Amanda Waller, she cannot be attacked and will not take any leaving engagement attacks.
Old April 17th, 2015, 12:38 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

*Ignore this post as I have already moved on from that card idea*

Last edited by Yodaking; April 17th, 2015 at 12:01 PM.
Old April 17th, 2015, 11:33 AM
C3G Landlord

After sleeping on it, I decided I really don't like the Behind the Curtain power. One of the things I liked about the initial concept of the design was the decision on how many OMs to give her. She gives you double turns with some potentially killer combos, but then for each OM you give her you risk losing one of your figures. Load her up on OMs, win initiative and you can potentially really punish your opponent, but lose initiative and you could potentially lose the game if Waller gets killed. So do you play it safe and only give her OM1 each round, or gamble a little bit and give her more OMs? Making it so she can't be attacked takes that all away and increases her effectiveness and point level substantially. So lets drop that power completely for now.

Last edited by Yodaking; April 17th, 2015 at 12:02 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library