Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

View Poll Results: How often would you participate in custom terrain contest?
I would participate often 3 30.00%
I would participate sometimes 5 50.00%
I would never participate 2 20.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old February 26th, 2017, 02:42 PM

chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Inquiry - Bringing Back Custom Terrain Contests

I have a very simple question, how many people would be interested in regularly participating in a revised custom terrain contest?
Same concept as the old ones but the format is outdated and would need some touch ups. I have opened the poll for 7 days.

It has been a number of years since I have had anything to do with the Speed Custom Contests. Mainly because I stopped playing Heroscape and moved to a different city. But I am now in a place where I could run these contests for awhile. I am interested in your interest and need to accurately gauge the involvement the community would have.
Old February 26th, 2017, 02:45 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Inquiry - Bringing Back Custom Terrain Contests

I'd be very interested in this, as I always build custom stuff.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old February 26th, 2017, 09:14 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

I'm TOTALLY down!! I need to get back into custom terrain building.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old February 27th, 2017, 11:13 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

No offense, but although these are fun for those who participate, they do not IMHO have any long-term benefit. Better yet would be get people to playtest and critique the many custom maps that have already been made, especially BOV & WoS custom maps. In these speed contests there is never time to playtests, so it is all based on either theoryscaping, or just cool looking maps, and not actual playability. Again, it may be fun and diverting at the time, and people may actually play the customs at at home games (and maybe a tournament or two), but they will never be as widely accepted as more time-consuming (both in creation and critiquing) of any other custom maps on this site.

But if fun is all that matters - then go for it.
Old February 27th, 2017, 11:25 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
No offense, but although these are fun for those who participate, they do not IMHO have any long-term benefit. Better yet would be get people to playtest and critique the many custom maps that have already been made, especially BOV & WoS custom maps. In these speed contests there is never time to playtests, so it is all based on either theoryscaping, or just cool looking maps, and not actual playability. Again, it may be fun and diverting at the time, and people may actually play the customs at at home games (and maybe a tournament or two), but they will never be as widely accepted as more time-consuming (both in creation and critiquing) of any other custom maps on this site.

Isn't fun the Primary goal, it definitely is for me. If I didn't have fun with any of it, I wouldn't play anymore. The prospect for having fun is one of the best ways to get people involved. I agree these contests don't add to any play testing of any kind, but they bring the community together and get people excited to play. Sure there isn't any long term benefit to these except for giving everyone some eye candy to look at. I love candy. Its my favorite.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old February 27th, 2017, 04:55 PM

chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post

I would refrence you to my post in the custom units thread. Creativity is the point here, not professionality.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles