Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old March 4th, 2020, 12:40 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Public Design Workshop

Quote:

NAME = SPIDER-MAN
SECRET IDENTITY = OTTO OCTAVIUS

SPECIES = MUTATE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CHARLATAN
PERSONALITY = ARROGANT

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = ???

SUPERIOR SENSES 10
If Spider-Man is attacked and at least 1 skull is rolled, roll the 20-sided die. Subtract 1 from the roll for each figure Spider-Man is engaged with, or 5 from the roll if the attacking figure is a Symbiote. If you roll 10 or higher, Spider-Man takes no damage and may immediately use his Web Swing 2 special power.

SUPERIORITY COMPLEX
Spider-Man has the secret identity of Peter Parker in addition to what is listed on this card. Spider-Man may add 2 to his range when attacking a figure whose base is no more than 4 levels higher than his height or 4 levels lower than his base. Add 1 to Spider-Man's Attack number for each figure he is engaged with. After Spider-Man attacks, if he did not roll any blanks, he may attack again. Spider-Man may not attack more than four times in one turn.

WEB SWING 2
Instead of his normal move, Spider-Man may use his Web Swing. Web Swing has a move of 2. When counting spaces for Spider-Man's Web Swing movement, ignore elevations. Spider-Man may swing over water without stopping, swing over figures without becoming engaged, and swing over obstacles such as ruins. Spider-Man may not Web Swing more than 40 levels up or down in a single Web Swing. If Spider-Man is engaged when he starts to Web Swing, he will not take any leaving engagement attacks. After using Web Swing 2, you may use it two additional times.

SUPER STRENGTH
So, I'm planning to to nominate this guy for the Public Design nominations, with @Lord Pyre running him. I figured since he's just coming out of the vault, I'd throw him up real quick to see if anybody had any thoughts before he's officially nominated.

After some discussion, we decided to cut the line that dual-identifies him as Peter Parker.
Old March 4th, 2020, 07:49 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

I’d run him yeah. I always planned on designing this guy in-sanctum but never had a great direction. I might change a few things on it but I’ll look closer at it in a few days
Old March 4th, 2020, 08:50 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

I wouldn't cut the dual identity line because he should not be in the same place as a Peter Parker figure without a scenario.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez and Stan Lee
Old March 4th, 2020, 08:54 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
I wouldn't cut the dual identity line because he should not be in the same place as a Peter Parker figure without a scenario.
He has repeatedly.
Old March 5th, 2020, 01:06 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

I do feel like the original situation is probably most analogous to Firestorm; Otto in Spidey’s body, but Peter is still knocking about in his head. And we did handle that with an added SI, even though it would probably have like...no gameplay effect. But I also understand Superior Spidey’s situation has evolved a lot since where he originally started.

Either way, the gameplay effect is minor, so I’m not too invested either way.
Old March 5th, 2020, 01:33 AM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

I feel like the extra SI would only be worth including if it was part of a power that like.. sometimes held him back or in someway represented Peter being in there. Just having it attached to a totally unrelated power doesn't appeal to me personally, at that point all it does is stop him from playing with regular Spider-Man... which isn't fun or adding anything.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old March 5th, 2020, 01:36 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

A STILL IN MY HEAD power that prevented Spidey Ock from killing sometimes power would be able to justify that. And I would want a Spidey Ock to have both SIs.
Old March 5th, 2020, 01:50 AM
Just A Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
I feel like the extra SI would only be worth including if it was part of a power that like.. sometimes held him back or in someway represented Peter being in there. Just having it attached to a totally unrelated power doesn't appeal to me personally, at that point all it does is stop him from playing with regular Spider-Man... which isn't fun or adding anything.
I guess my pitch, if we were to do a dual identity, would be to switch the two. Peter Parker is the “public persona” while Otto Octavius is the persona that’s hidden in the power text. I also think tying the Otto identity into the power about him doing doing Doc Ock stuff makes a lot more sense.
Old March 5th, 2020, 01:53 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
I guess my pitch, if we were to do a dual identity, would be to switch the two. Peter Parker is the “public persona” while Otto Octavius is the persona that’s hidden in the power text. I also think tying the Otto identity into the power about him doing doing Doc Ock stuff makes a lot more sense.
I like this take as well.
Old March 5th, 2020, 01:53 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Extra SI adds nothing to the card. He's not Peter Parker. Might as well put a power on Vision's card that gives him a secret identity of Jim Hammond.
Old March 5th, 2020, 02:04 AM
Just A Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Extra SI adds nothing to the card. He's not Peter Parker. Might as well put a power on Vision's card that gives him a secret identity of Jim Hammond.
But how many people know that fact about Vision or deeply relate that to the character?

If the average comic nerd is asked to give the 10-second run-down of this character, “Doc Ock in Spidey’s body” is likely to be in there. It’s baked into the “sales pitch” of the character in a way that I don’t think Vision=Human Torch is. And I think the fact that Peter’s consciousness is still jangling around in there influences people too.

Like I said, I can totally accept that there have been changing circumstances around him and that it’s probably easier to represent his later appearances if he can be in the same place as regular Peter. But I also see why people would want the extra SI.

We add stuff that adds nothing to the card all the time. Obviously Firestorm having a SI of Martin Stein adds literally nothing to him in terms of current gameplay. But I can also see the point that this is a pretty stuffed card as is, and that line would just be one less piece of text to worry about.
Old March 5th, 2020, 02:08 AM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

I'm definitely in the Ronin camp here.

A thought, but couldn't we just make like a.. 'ghost Peter Parker' card that could attach to this one if people want to explore that angle? Seems like he has plenty of screen time not having Peter in his head and interacting with a physical Peter at this point, so it seems odd to default to the version that makes that really difficult to do, where-as 'ghost Peter' as a separate card makes both ideas easily playable.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy