Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old February 12th, 2011, 07:42 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Doctor Fate - Design Phase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
Doctor Fate and Red Skull's Dust of Death has me VERY worried. I kinda just think that a +1 if at least one order marker is on this card is better. I am very very concerned about the power potential here.

My suggestion:
HELM OF NABU
Any time you roll the 20-sided die, you may add 1 to your die roll if at least one Order Marker is on this card.
Yeah, I also think of Hal's Fearless Charge, Darkseid's Omega Effect (already auto-kill at 19+), Ultron's Programmed Transmission (Auto-kill and removal of all Ultron's wounds on a roll of 20 and already has a +modifier of 1 for each wound he puts on), also Mister MXYZPTLK's Antagonizing Trickster is a 17+ to auto-wound and end of turn for chosen unique hero. Not to mention all the defensive boosts it will affect like Radar Sense, Spidey Sense and most importantly, Evasive Strike.

Quote:
Oh, and this is a very good write-up too btw. ~ sometimes I forget to say that
Yes you do you big meanie

I also think this is an awesome write-up A3n.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old February 12th, 2011, 07:44 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Quote:
Doctor Fate and Red Skull's Dust of Death has me VERY worried. I kinda just think that a +1 if at least one order marker is on this card is better. I am very very concerned about the power potential here.

My suggestion:
HELM OF NABU
Any time you roll the 20-sided die, you may add 1 to your die roll if at least one Order Marker is on this card.
I can see the concern & I am probably willing to concede it, but I just wanted to point out that it could only ever be a max of +3 because there needs to be at least the 1st OM on RS for him to use the power. So that would add 15% chance to it, so from a 5% to a 20% that sounds like the kind of odds Dr. Fate would bring to the battle field. But if you think it's too much I'm fine to go with the +1.

Cheers
But Loki can add another OM so that makes it easier for Dr. Fate to have more OMs. After the Loki design, we have to be extra diligent in keeping an eye on powers that involve OMs on a card.

Old February 12th, 2011, 07:50 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Quote:
Quote:

My suggestion:
HELM OF NABU
I can see the concern & I am probably willing to concede it, but I just wanted to point out that it could only ever be a max of +3 because there needs to be at least the 1st OM on RS for him to use the power. So that would add 15% chance to it, so from a 5% to a 20% that sounds like the kind of odds Dr. Fate would bring to the battle field. But if you think it's too much I'm fine to go with the +1.

Cheers
But Loki can add another OM so that makes it easier for Dr. Fate to have more OMs. After the Loki design, we have to be extra diligent in keeping an eye on powers that involve OMs on a card.
Not arguing just saying that Loki would need 2 OMs on him before you get to place another XOM on Fate, so the math wouldn't change , in that instance, but hey there might be something else down the track so I will go with the lame +1 .

Cheers
Old February 12th, 2011, 07:53 AM

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Should we add a clause there to exclude event heroes, maybe?

Something like:
"...Helm of Nabu cannot be used when rolling the 20-sided die for an Event Hero."

Cheers
Old February 12th, 2011, 07:59 AM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

My suggestion:
HELM OF NABU

Cheers
Not arguing just saying that Loki would need 2 OMs on him before you get to place another XOM on Fate, so the math wouldn't change , in that instance, but hey there might be something else down the track so I will go with the lame +1 .

Cheers
Yeah well there's that regarding Loki. That said, a year ago the +1/OM might not have seemed as powerful, but now we have so many figures that have uber powerful results from d20 powers, especially the ones that require high rolls. Especially now with Mr. Mixalot, who doesn't even need to have an OM on his card to take a figure like Superman, Darkseid or Thor out of a game with a 17+ roll for AT. Not only that, but that roll will bring Mr. Mixalot back to life if the little bugger gets killed (which is hard to do in it's own right. In fact you have to roll a 1-4 to for him to be destroyed and even with the +1 from Dr. Fate, now you have to roll a 1-3, that is even going to be sicker). So considering how many different units this can affect, it isn't going to be lame at all. In fact, between that and his Teleportation power, I would argue that Dr. Fate would become one of the most universally useful figures in the game.

Old February 12th, 2011, 08:02 AM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Should we add a clause there to exclude event heroes, maybe?

Something like:
"...Helm of Nabu cannot be used when rolling the 20-sided die for an Event Hero."

Cheers
I'd be for that. If nothing else but to keep Ultron's Programmed Transmission and Mr. Mixalot's Antagonizing Trickster and KLTPZYXM in check, as they are super powerful already in their own right, not to mention any future Event Heroes we might come up with that have crazy powerful d20 powers.

Old February 12th, 2011, 08:18 AM

Quote:
In fact, between that and his Teleportation power, I would argue that Dr. Fate would become one of the most universally useful figures in the game.
This was one of my objectives . I really wanted to make him useful & but not a powerhouse in own right. By the way nobody has mentioned the all 5 stats . 5 stats of 5, to go with the Mystic class I gave him .

Cheers
Old February 12th, 2011, 08:28 AM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Quote:
In fact, between that and his Teleportation power, I would argue that Dr. Fate would become one of the most universally useful figures in the game.
This was one of my objectives . I really wanted to make him useful & but not a powerhouse in own right. By the way nobody has mentioned the all 5 stats . 5 stats of 5, to go with the Mystic class I gave him .

Cheers

That's pretty clever A3n.

5 for 5 also goes with an Arby's (fast food chain) special deal that they had years ago. 5 roast beef sandwiches for $5.

That said, his usefulness will come at a price though. Between his base stats, his teleportation of another figure and the +1 to d20, he can not only take care of himself pretty good, but also really help his army. Think about him with Grundy and a bunch of d20 defense figures. Grundy will come back a lot and Dr. Fate can help him get around. Doomsday in that scenario also will be nice.

Old February 12th, 2011, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Cheers

5 for 5 also goes with an Arby's (fast food chain) special deal that they had years ago. 5 roast beef sandwiches for $5.

That said, his usefulness will come at a price though. Between his base stats, his teleportation of another figure and the +1 to d20, he can not only take care of himself pretty good, but also really help his army. Think about him with Grundy and a bunch of d20 defense figures. Grundy will come back a lot and Dr. Fate can help him get around. Doomsday in that scenario also will be nice.
Yeah I have no delusions about his cost, but he is Dr. Fate one of the Lords of Order, so I think it's also justified.

Cheers
Old February 12th, 2011, 08:45 AM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Cheers

Yeah I have no delusions about his cost, but he is Dr. Fate one of the Lords of Order, so I think it's also justified.

Cheers
Oh I'm sure it's justified for sure. I'm just saying that a unanimously, universally, utilizable, useful unit like this will be pricey, but deservedly so and worth it. (see, I used 5 U's in a row to go with the mystic 5 theme )

Old February 12th, 2011, 10:36 AM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:

My suggestion:
HELM OF NABU

Cheers
I do agree that Dr. Fate could do it, would do it, and should do it, just not for our game. I am guessing that he will not be the last D20 booster we ever create either - Destiny.
Old February 12th, 2011, 11:49 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Maybe something like this?

HELM OF NABU
Any time you roll the 20-sided die, you may remove any unrevealed Order Markers from this card. Add one to the roll for each unrevealed Order Marker you remove.

So it's still got uber powerful potential, but it comes at more of a cost ... ?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Last edited by IAmBatman; October 25th, 2011 at 02:13 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library