Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old March 21st, 2022, 02:19 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Gigan (FE)

Here's Skinderella's feedback:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinderella
Hey Swoundwarp! Here's my feedback from my games against toyhandle! I noticed you've pulled Gigan from testing but I thought I'd send you my thoughts anyway.

Quote:
Playtests with toyhandle:
Game 1:
Gigan (and most of this army in general) got shut down pretty quickly. Gigan got torn apart by Wanda fast, but he did manage to take Wasp out in his short time on the board. A lot of unlucky rolls did not help here either.

That said, Gigan’s ability to swoop in at any point is very scary coupled with his stats and flying. He makes for a very powerful, albeit expensive, assassin, and this match really showed this by toyhandle throwing Gigan into my team and then moving him in on Wasp to eliminate her quickly without much I could do on my part, other than hoping I can kill him before he does too much damage.

Although Gigan fell fast, I did feel Gigan could of done a lot more damage this game. He could of made short work of Scarlet, and She-Hulk was so close to death at the end that Gigan could of easily made a stray buzzsaw wound on her to have lead to her fall.

Game 2:
This game was incredibly close which was great to see considering how strong Godzilla seems to be. Kong dealt quite a bit of damage before falling, but Gigan being on the board longer showcased his damage potential a lot more, taking Godzilla all the way down to 2 remaining life.

Not much else to say about this game, it was a very close game and Gigan made up the 600 points.

Final thoughts:
Gigan seems pretty good at 600 points. Game 2 was very close, with Gigan making up his cost. Despite game 1’s rather strong showing from the Avengers, I think it was more because they are a lot more coordinated and synergistic than Gigan being weak. They were able to stick close to one another, and Wanda was able to consistently deal a lot of damage thanks to her Chaos Bolts and Vision's help. In hindsight I regret running this team due to how quickly they could melt the enemy, and will have to remember they can be pretty oppressive to playtest with.

Gigan’s abilities are interesting and dynamic, and he’s terrifying to have start off the board. Leopardon + Desaad in my opinion is a good duo to pair with Gigan, but lack of bonding means they can’t deal with a lot of armies. Being able to throw a 600 point almost unstoppable assassin from getting to your backline means that he becomes a top priority the moment he appears. He likely won’t last long a great deal of time (at least for what you expect of 600 points) once he hits the field, but his damage output is intense in that short time. Very interesting playstyle, feels like a really fun boss figure that can change the flow of the battle.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old March 21st, 2022, 02:21 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Here are toyhandle's thoughts on Megalon's class

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyhandle
Not sure if there’s been In-Sanctum development on Mothra outside of the Kaiju thread, but for the writeup I had done, I wrote:
CLASS = GUARDIAN? DEITY? PROTECTOR?

TLDR; In a Scientist vs Genius or Agent vs Spy type division of hero/villain classes, I think Guardians vs Deities could work for Kaiju along the lines of Megalon. A lot of them are fairly neutral characters, however.

Looking at it case by case:

King Kong is a Protector, but I don’t think we want to give Excalibur a ton of Giant Monsters to work with.

I can only see two Deities, Beyonder and Ares, not heroic characters, and no Deity synergy that I’m aware of.

From at the Guardians we have that I can see, it typically leans toward the Heroic, although, there is also the Phoenix Force, another Cosmic threat, that is a Guardian.
Presently, there is no Guardian synergy that I’m aware of.

We do have to get around to doing Gamera, Guardian of the Universe eventually, and he’s almost always Heroic.

I was pretty decided on King Caesar being a Guardian. Although he was Godzilla’s tag partner against Mechagodzilla, I don’t really think he was necessarily being Heroic, just loyally serving the Azumi royal family. But I also don’t think he counts as villainous when he fought Godzilla in Final Wars, because he was being mind controlled by the Xiliens (the same aliens from Invasion of the Atro Monster). Shisas, which King Caesar is based off, are guardians that ward off evil, so I doubt King Caesar would ever be used in a truly villainous role.

But what if King Caesar were asked by the Azumi royal family to take on a Megalon-like role?
I don’t know, he might listen, but I don’t think the Azumi family would ever be in the position to make a similar request.

The Seatopians are much like the Atlanteans in both Marvel/DC. Godzilla vs Megalon has many shared plot elements with Fantastic Four #4. Seatopia and Atlantis were both wrecked by nuclear testing. Emperor Antonio and Namor both call upon a huge monster to punish the surface dwellers. Emperor Antonio emits a signal from Jet Jaguar to guide Megalon, and Namor has Giganto follow the sound of his trumpet.

Here are the relevant FF#4 panels:
Spoiler Alert!

And the Seatopian speech about nuclear testing from the surface world destroying their kingdom, and his call to Megalon:
Spoiler Alert!

When Jet Jaguar’s creator retakes control of JJ, Megalon goes on a directionless, mindless rampage. The Seatopians hear that JJ is seeking Godzilla for help, so Emperor Antonio asks the M Space Hunter Nebula Aliens to send Gigan for assistance. They have a common enemy in mankind, so it’s a pretty smart strategic move.
Spoiler Alert!

So while Megalon and the Seatopians aren’t really evil, Gigan is, and thematically, probably shouldn’t be working alongside Mothra. Megalon is certainly a deity, as he is worshipped, and lies dormant until summoned, so Deity should work for him.

King Caesar had a lot in common with another Toku character, Daimajin. He is a spirit/god that possess stone idols of him when his worshippers beg for help, and offer a sacrifice. At least in the first movie, he comes to aid moments before the sacrifice is made, but is brutal and too destructive when active, so the villager begs for him to stop, offering him her life. He is satisfied by the offer, and leaves without requiring a sacrifice. Not a hero or villain, but not nice. Deity seems a good fit.
Spoiler Alert!

Varan, The Unbelievable is titled such, because the movie is about how there is a village that worships the god “Baradagi,” who prays not to upset him, and will not enter his nearby lake area. But outsiders don’t believe it, thinking him a superstition.
I don’t see it mentioned in his wiki entries, but the theme of the movie was kind of, “believe it,” and to respect superstitions. Even though the non-believers think him to be an ancient dinosaur, there are elements of the supernatural leading up to his appearance that make me think he’s an actual Deity.
Biologists looking for rare butterflies ignore the unwelcoming villagers, and as soon as they move toward the sacred area, there is a small earthquake. They press onward, and their car gets stuck. They get out, and find the rare butterfly, and kill it to capture it. As soon as they kill the butterfly, a rockslide crushes the men, but inspectors find no natural cause of a landslide.
Friends and family inspect the area to find the cause of their deaths, and a fog suddenly rolls in and out, luring in the visitors and the whole village (except the priest) to the lake, where Varan emerges. A very punishing god in his solo appearance, I think Deity is appropriate.
Spoiler Alert!

Manda is the guardian of the undersea Empire of Mu. Unlike their Seatopian counterparts, the Muans are actually determined to retake the surface world, and are more villainous. They worship Manda, performing ritual dances in his name, and offering their captives as sacrifices. However, other than being a sea dragon, there’s nothing supernatural to suggest that he is anything more than a guard dog, and is not depicted as personally aligned toward good or evil. Both Guardian and Deity are appropriate.
Spoiler Alert!

Final roll call-
Guardians:
Mothra
Gamera
King Caesar
Manda

Deities:
Megalon
Daimajin
Varan
Manda

My Etsy Store
Old March 21st, 2022, 03:52 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Ok, I've been mulling over some class stuff for Megalon (so what if anything would be added to Cosmic Terror).

I don't think Divinity works. It doesn't make sense for Gigan to call out or for him to work with Ares or whatever (well, maybe specifically Ares as they're both jerks, but not gods in general). And Megalon isn't a proper divine powers god. He's a big dumb bug that shoots napalm beans at people.

Subterranean could work for Megalon, doesn't have anything to do with the god bit, but he is an underground monster. Could tie him and Gigan into some of Marvel's big monster stuff. Would probably need a name change for Cosmic Terror and is maybe a bit abstract themewise (kinda reliant on Subterranean specifically meaning 'underground/water invader').

I think Scourge could work. It has a bit of 'divine wrath' flavor but is still something Gigan makes some sense calling out. Probably wouldn't even need to change the name on Cosmic Terror. Main downside here is the only thing with the class right now is Scourge of the Underworld, and it would be a bit of weird look for Gigan to call them out and no one else for at least the near future. Once we get other Scourges I don't think it would be a big deal though.

Menace is one Bats suggested. I don't hate it, but not sure it really gains us anything. There are no current Menaces and it's not really a very descriptive class, just kinda generically "this is a bad guy". If it just ends up on Megalon and no one else because we added it here it would be kinda pointless. Would need to see some other plans for it as a class before I'd be about it personally.

So Poll Time! Do you like:

A- Gigan to only call out Invaders, Megalon can either be an Invader or get left behind
B-Gigan to also call out Divinitys
C-Gigan to also call out Subterraneans
D-Gigan to also call out Scourges
E-Gigan to also call out Menaces

My Etsy Store
Old March 21st, 2022, 03:57 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Gigan (Megalon poll)

I'm fine with leaving it as just Invaders or adding in Subterraneans.
Old March 21st, 2022, 04:03 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

A.
Old March 21st, 2022, 04:04 PM
Setting the Table for Super

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
I'm fine with leaving it as just Invaders or adding in Subterraneans.
Same
Old March 21st, 2022, 04:07 PM
Forum Moderator

Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'll take option A with a side of egg rolls.
Old March 21st, 2022, 05:10 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

I think A is the cleanest but C is the next best option.
Old March 21st, 2022, 05:15 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I think you can justify Subterranean or Invader for Megalon, so it mostly depends on if Soundwarp wants Giganto to work with Gigan.
Old March 21st, 2022, 06:36 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Ok, I think between here and Discord the majority seem in favor of going Invader and me shutting up already

I think Gigan teaming with Giganto would be kinda cool, but not really worth going down in font size for. And that's the only other option that's gotten any traction.

So I propose we move this On Deck:
@tcglkn -
@MrNobody -
@LordVenoc -
@Lord Pyre -
@fret_gurglo -
@Dr. Jekyll -

But like if someone does have some thoughts on the class feel free to post them. I'm just going to talk myself in circles if I don't take an actual action though so I wanted to get this moving

My Etsy Store
Old March 21st, 2022, 06:54 PM
Tickle Pickle

Re: The Book of Gigan (V-OD)

Yea
Old March 21st, 2022, 06:58 PM
Ninja Playtester

fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Book of Gigan (V-OD)

Pretty sure special power should not be capitalized in the first power and both Huge and Life should be capitalized in the last.

My designs for C3G nomination
My current reward points

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library