Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old September 10th, 2019, 11:32 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth
The Book of Vassago

The Book of Vassago

C3G COFFIN WAVE 40
WAR OF THE INDEPENDENTS

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a D&D figure from the Monster Menagerie set.
Its model name is Unicorn.

Tutorial for Painting Vassago

Character Bio - If there was ever a single being that Lady Death might say she loved, it would be Vassago. A wild horse from hell, only Lady Death's own fiery passion could make a connection with Vassago. Since then, they have been inseperable. Ever the loyal steed, he followed Lady Death into combat against Lucifer himself, helping her strike the fatal blow against her hated enemy. When Lady Death was on a quest to return Jacob, an innocent trapped in hell, back to earth, Vassago was gravely injured by an assassin named Atrocitas sent to kill Lady Death. She immediately put her original quest on hold just to try to save Vassago's life.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • Base clarification: Vassago is a double based figure.

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • Vassago has synergy with Hell Lords via his Hell Lord Steed and Hell Lord Protection special powers.
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:
  • N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Last edited by Soundwarp SG-1; July 4th, 2021 at 03:37 PM.
Old September 10th, 2019, 11:33 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Vassago (BREATHING)

NAME = VASSAGO

SPECIES = HORSE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = COMPANION
PERSONALITY = UNYIELDING

SIZE/HEIGHT = LARGE 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 8
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = 95

HELL LORD STEED 10

Instead of moving normally with an unengaged small or medium Hell Lord you control that is adjacent to Vassago, if you revealed an Order Marker on that Hell Lord’s Army Card this player turn, you may move Vassago. After you move Vassago, place that Hell Lord on any empty space adjacent to Vassago. After placing that Hell Lord, one at a time, roll the 20-sided die for each figure adjacent to Vassago that is not a Hell Lord. If you roll 10 or higher, that figure receives a wound.

HELL LORD PROTECTION
If an opponent's figure is engaged with a Hell Lord you control, that opponent's figure cannot attack Vassago.

FLYING

Last edited by tcglkn; June 20th, 2021 at 02:45 PM.
...has moist legs

Comic Art:
Spoiler Alert!

Mini pics:
Spoiler Alert!

Background:
Fiery castle or something, similar to Lady Death?

Last edited by Lord Pyre; October 21st, 2019 at 03:33 PM.
...has moist legs

HOW TO PAINT VASSAGO

All we have to do is add the fire effect. The simplest way is to just add dark orange highlights to the yellow furry areas and be done.

This tutorial is a little more involved, but definitely not difficult.

PAINTING FIRE 101: Fire burns hotter and brighter towards the center, so the lighter colors need to be inside. My unicorn came with an ugly dark wash in the crevasses, so my recommendation is to paint the furry parts white to have a blank slate.

After that, add a light yellow, making sure to leave a bit of white in the crevasses and against the actual horses body (As in, where the tail actually touches the horse's rear)

Now you just continue this same technique, adding a slightly darker color over, leaving a little bit of the last color exposed. The more layers you add, the better it looks, but fire looks pretty good no matter what, so how much you add is up to you!

Here I added orange over the yellow.

And then a darker orange over that.

And finally some red. Be careful not to overdo the red, as too much plain red in fire makes it look real fake. Just accent the orange a little bit, it should blend in very well and you shouldn't be able to really tell it's just red. It's a neat effect.

I also painted his horn brown at this moment.

Now for the optional last step. I like to add a thin layer of black to the very tips of flames when painting fire. It adds a little bit of a "smoke" dimension to the color. You don't have to do every flame tip, just the bigger more obvious ones. I didn't add this to the one under his chin, for example. If you don't like the look of it, the previous step is a great stopping point!

And we're done! Just note that painting fire is very forgiving, so no need to stress. Even though there's a few layers, it paints up very quick. Just make sure to thin your paint properly and it'll dry nearly immediately.

Last edited by Lord Pyre; October 21st, 2019 at 03:32 PM.
Old September 11th, 2019, 01:26 AM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

This might have been covered before, but how does he work with squads?

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old September 11th, 2019, 01:51 AM
...has moist legs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
This might have been covered before, but how does he work with squads?
Not sure I know what you mean? Only one person can ride him at once, it’s just a basic carry really, so if something in the wording is missing just let me know. I only see singular nouns so not sure it affects squads any differently as written.
Old September 11th, 2019, 12:42 PM
...has moist legs

I just realized that Daimon Hellstrom can fly, and I was definitely wanting him a part of this. Would it be weird to say “a medium Hell Lord or medium figure without the flying special power?”
Old September 11th, 2019, 12:43 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Why can’t flying figures ride on the horsey? Are there any problems it would cause?
Old September 11th, 2019, 12:44 PM
...has moist legs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Why can’t flying figures ride on the horsey? Are there any problems it would cause?
John Stewart.
Old September 11th, 2019, 01:12 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
STEED
After revealing an Order Marker on an Army Card of an unengaged (Small or?) Medium figure you control adjacent to Vassago, before taking a turn with that figure, you may take a turn with Vasaggo, during which Vasaggo cannot attack and must use his Hellfire Carry special power on that figure, if possible. If you do, that figure cannot move normally this turn.

HELLFIRE CARRY
Before moving Vasaggo, choose an unengaged friendly small or medium figure adjacent to Vasaggo. After you move Vasaggo, place the chosen figure adjacent to him, and you may choose an opponent’s figure adjacent to Vassago. Roll the 20-sided die, adding 5 to the roll if the figure moved by Hellfire Carry this turn is a Hell Lord. If you roll 15 or higher, that opponent’s figure receives a wound.
It could possibly be worth splitting it up like that then? Also makes the Steed power reusable (if we're okay with switching out the Hellfire Carry reference for something else, Superspeed style.)

I think Small figures should be allowed too. I get the logic of not allowing them, but it's HS tradition all the way back to Brunak and Theracus that they can be Carried.

Also, just an idea, but it could be interesting if a low enough roll on the D20 roll could actually wound the figure who was Carried. It would be a nice deterrent to encourage him to play with Hell Lords.
Old September 11th, 2019, 01:56 PM
...has moist legs

That might fix it, yeah. Wordier than I was hoping but if it’s prevent the weirdness it’s good. Another option is to only let Hell Lords ride him, but I kind of like the idea of him not being completely shoehorned. We only have like 3? Hell lords as of now that I can think of.

Not a huge fan of the self wounding, I don’t see any need for it. I think significantly increasing the auto wound chance is good enough personally.
Old September 11th, 2019, 02:00 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

You could make Hellfire Carry a little more dangerous to non-Hell Lords.

HELLFIRE CARRY
Before moving Vasaggo, choose an unengaged friendly small or medium figure adjacent to Vasaggo. After you move Vasaggo, place the chosen figure adjacent to him. One at a time, roll the 20-sided die for each figure adjacent to Vassago that is not a Hell Lord, adding 5 to the roll if the figure moved by Hellfire Carry this turn is a Hell Lord. If you roll 15 or higher, that figure receives a wound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library