Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old December 2nd, 2016, 07:22 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Songbird (Public Playtesting Phase)

Thanks, TB!

I think we've got enough data to call her good here. I'll take a bit to look things over (and allow time for objections) and get our playtesting summary together, but I'll be proposing we move her along soon.
Old December 2nd, 2016, 10:15 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

PLAYTESTING SUMMARY REPORT
Spoiler Alert!

@dok @Soundwarp SG-1 @weebaer @Dysole
Paging the CRB for a sanity check, especially since she's been through some significant buffs without further input from them.
Old December 3rd, 2016, 02:07 AM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Thunderblot Redemption seems fine, there's some decent Crime Fighter synergy she can open up to Criminals, but there's already decent Criminal Synergy and decent non-excon Crime Fighters. The Wrecking Crew are really the only ones I'd worry about simply because they're really good already and now another class based synergy lane is restricted because of them.*

You can't add her into a Wrecking Crew bonding turn or anything like that with Thunderbolt Loyalty thanks to the her going first and having the 'no more turns yo' wording, so I think that power is fine. I kind of wish it didn't specify Crime Fighters and Charlatans and just let her bond with anyone who she shares a class with though, just because it would be fun trying to somehow make her a Champion or something, but that's probably too silly.

Sonic Construct Defense is fine in a vacuum, but unrestricted defense boosts are one of those things you can't have but so many of in the game. It's not an issue now, but just be aware that it means that design space is that much tighter now. The normal attack only aspect does help keep this particular one in check a bit though.

Maybe not here, but it might be worth giving future 'Super Raelins' an 'as long as at least 1 order marker is on this card' clause to use their shields or what have you (like, they have to actually pay attention to have their shields up kind of deal). That way there's a built in limit to nip 'everyone in my team has 20 defense' builds in the bud.

*Though I've become increasingly convinced that retconing the Wrecking Crew into 'Thugs' or something would be a good move for the long term health of the game, especially since we're going to keep getting more guys that should boost Criminals thematically as long as Batman and Spider-Man are two of the most popular Heroes.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old December 3rd, 2016, 02:36 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Song In My Heart

COMPETITIVE REVIEW BOARD CHECKLIST

Competitive Concerns
Does the design offer worrisome Order marker movement or efficiency? No.

Does the design offer superior Auto wounding? No.

Does the design cause the prevention of abilities (Blob, Polaris, Meteorite)? No.

Does the design move other figures? No.

Does the design boost other figures (outside of a narrowly defined set)? Yes, but we've seen worse with Invisible Woman and Star-Lord. Soundwarp's concern isn't without merit.

Does the design have one or more excellent defensive powers? Sonic Construct Defense isn't amazing, but it's not nothing.

Does the design auto destroy or take control of other figures in a way that unbalances the design? No.

Does the design have any other concerns? Do we have any OG Zemoesque or OG Red Skullesque Crime Fighters or Charlatans (I'm essentially looking for figures who can take turns with other heroes instead of them) ? That could be problematic (assuming that you're allowed to do that, as I'm not sure it's clear you can't from the wording), but likely not insanely so and if we don't then yay.

Summary of Any Competitive Concerns/Suggestions for Changes: Nothing super terrifying. My own curiosities regarding being able to chain her with other figures is probably nothing bad, and the unrestricted defense thing could be problematic if we continue making more and more of them.

~Dysole, birds of a feather
Old December 3rd, 2016, 11:13 AM
Symbiotic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole;2123716[B
Does the design have any other concerns? [/B] Do we have any OG Zemoesque or OG Red Skullesque Crime Fighters or Charlatans (I'm essentially looking for figures who can take turns with other heroes instead of them) ? That could be problematic (assuming that you're allowed to do that, as I'm not sure it's clear you can't from the wording), but likely not insanely so and if we don't then yay.
We don't have any, and the SP wording should* shut down the possibility of pulling that kind of thing anyway. The idea is that after Songbird is activated with T-Bolt Loyalty, you get to take a turn with the figure you revealed an OM on, and that's it. No chaining, no master manipulating, etc.

*I'm open to suggestions if you think it could be worded more clearly

Quote:
Summary of Any Competitive Concerns/Suggestions for Changes: Nothing super terrifying. My own curiosities regarding being able to chain her with other figures is probably nothing bad, and the unrestricted defense thing could be problematic if we continue making more and more of them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
Sonic Construct Defense is fine in a vacuum, but unrestricted defense boosts are one of those things you can't have but so many of in the game. It's not an issue now, but just be aware that it means that design space is that much tighter now. The normal attack only aspect does help keep this particular one in check a bit though.

Maybe not here, but it might be worth giving future 'Super Raelins' an 'as long as at least 1 order marker is on this card' clause to use their shields or what have you (like, they have to actually pay attention to have their shields up kind of deal). That way there's a built in limit to nip 'everyone in my team has 20 defense' builds in the bud.
The unrestricted defense boost is a fair point to bring up. It's something I wasn't too worried about, because her other main synergy is class-based and she's not a totally generalist figure, but future design space is a legit concern.

I'd be comfortable suggesting that we just restrict Sonic Construct Defense to shared-class figures. The thought had occurred to me before, but I was keeping it open for the sake of what I'm planning for some other versions of the T-Bolts that I want Songbird to work well with (mainly thinking about what I have in mind for a T-Bolts leader version of Luke Cage here).

We could still go that route, though, if the Heroes would rather. It wouldn't have a huge impact on her test results, looking over the builds that she was used in.
Old December 3rd, 2016, 12:03 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

I'd be fine with or without that restriction. It's definitely something we have to watch, but I'm not too concerned about stacking defense like that. I've tried running similar builds and never seen them fair well.

I was going to throw my support behind Soundwarp's OM restriction suggestion, but looking over the tests, it looks like she was consistently run with figures that use the X OM, meaning we'd really need to go out for more tests and I'm not sure if it's worth it.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old December 3rd, 2016, 12:21 PM
Symbiotic

Yeah, needing an X OM would be a big deal for her because it throws out a lot of the tests, and Citizen V (Zemo) will want it as well.
Old December 4th, 2016, 09:01 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

I'm a big fan of restricting boosts like that to factions, so I'd be in favor of adding the shared class restriction. It would also remove any worry I might have about her being slightly on the strong side. If we want to keep it open though, I don't think it's a huge deal. Just need to be careful that we don't get too many that can stack easily.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old December 4th, 2016, 09:24 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Just to be clear, I really don't think Songbird's defense boost is anything worrying competitively (and the order marker requirement isn't the best fit here as one of her classical teammates is already hogging the X). I just like to try and keep everyone aware of how things will shape future designs as I feel designing in a vacuum was the main reason that the reevaluation process had to come about. You could do a few more unrestricted defense boosters before there was any major concern to be had, i's just something to keep an eye on.

My Etsy Store
Old December 4th, 2016, 09:36 PM
Symbiotic

Quote:
Just to be clear, I really don't think Songbird's defense boost is anything worrying competitively (and the order marker requirement isn't the best fit here as one of her classical teammates is already hogging the X). I just like to try and keep everyone aware of how things will shape future designs as I feel designing in a vacuum was the main reason that the reevaluation process had to come about. You could do a few more unrestricted defense boosters before there was any major concern to be had, i's just something to keep an eye on.
Yeah, I hear you. I think it's worth kicking around the idea of sidestepping the issue here, though, because it's not like she really needs to be unrestricted.

The main reason I left her open instead of putting in a class restriction was related to what I'm planning for Luke Cage (basically an Amanda Waller-style team pulling in a few criminal type classes with markers and synergizing with Crime Fighters). I'd like Songbird to be compatible with him if at all possible; part of my goal for this design was never to have to do a Songbird (II).

We could do that pretty easily by, say, restricting Sonic Construct Defense to "figures that share a class with Songbird or have Nanite Markers on their cards". It would accomplish 100% of what I want the design to do, while leaving design space slightly more open. Only downside there is that it would create some pressure on the release-scheduling side of things to put out Luke Cage (II) and Songbird at the same time.
Old December 4th, 2016, 10:08 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Quote:
Yeah, I hear you. I think it's worth kicking around the idea of sidestepping the issue here, though, because it's not like she really needs to be unrestricted.

The main reason I left her open instead of putting in a class restriction was related to what I'm planning for Luke Cage (basically an Amanda Waller-style team pulling in a few criminal type classes with markers and synergizing with Crime Fighters). I'd like Songbird to be compatible with him if at all possible; part of my goal for this design was never to have to do a Songbird (II).

We could do that pretty easily by, say, restricting Sonic Construct Defense to "figures that share a class with Songbird or have Nanite Markers on their cards". It would accomplish 100% of what I want the design to do, while leaving design space slightly more open. Only downside there is that it would create some pressure on the release-scheduling side of things to put out Luke Cage (II) and Songbird at the same time.

Well, looking over your Cage design, even if you don't mention nanite markers on this card and just have the class restriction, Songbird would still be a great pick in a Cage 2 build. She can give you an extra quasi-hub, protect the guys that will actually have OMs on their card (which are the main ones to protect), and be a backup bonding option if Cage gets assassinated somehow. Seems thematically justifiable that she wouldn't be that interested in protecting the Thugs that are only there because they're being forced to be anyway if we've already moved away from her protecting everyone like a pink-winged Raelin.

My Etsy Store
Old December 4th, 2016, 10:19 PM
Symbiotic

Quote:
Well, looking over your Cage design, even if you don't mention nanite markers on this card and just have the class restriction, Songbird would still be a great pick in a Cage 2 build. She can give you an extra quasi-hub, protect the guys that will actually have OMs on their card (which are the main ones to protect), and be a backup bonding option if Cage gets assassinated somehow. Seems thematically justifiable that she wouldn't be that interested in protecting the Thugs that are only there because they're being forced to be anyway if we've already moved away from her protecting everyone like a pink-winged Raelin.
If you think she's still strong in that build, then I definitely favor the class restriction here. I'll make that update now.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library