Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Old January 9th, 2013, 07:13 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: Sports: NFL

I've never really considered Flacco to be bad on camera. I wouldn't pick him to host the Oscars, but he is capable of complete sentences, doesn't come across like an entitled #$$&%@#, and he puts a reasonable amount of actual substance into his answers as opposed to just pablum. There are more interesting interviews in the sports world, but he's fine.

FWIW, I think the top two in the AFC are on the level with the top NFC teams. I wouldn't be surprised to see Denver, New England, Green Bay, Seattle, or San Fran win the Super Bowl at this stage.

Any given Sunday and all that, but Denver is a much better team than Baltimore. Keep hoping against hope, guys.
Old January 9th, 2013, 07:48 PM
#1 CoN Player & Charos Cultist innocently oiling another man

Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun

I think the super bowl will be an interesting game. Seattle, San Fran, New England, Green Bay, and Denver are all top teams.

I'm hoping for the Baltimore-Green Bay matchup though. Failing that, Broncos-Packers is the game I want to see.

The only time Rodgers faced Manning was during his first year as a starter, in 2008. This year obviously Manning went to Denver, so when playing the Colts this year Rodgers didn't get to face him. Since the Packers played the Broncos in 2011, we won't get to see Rodgers-Manning until 2015. That is three seasons away.

By that point I would doubt that Manning would still be playing at his best. Age will start to wear on him by then I would guess. So I think this super bowl will perhaps be the last chance to see such a matchup.

Brady vs Rodgers would also be cool, but I at least have hope that will happen someday. Sadly we were denied that matchup when Rodgers was injured during the 2010 season. Still, waiting until 2014 to play that matchup, I feel pretty assured that will at least occur.

As for this weekends game though, I wear Ravens apparel from time to time around Central Wisconsin. I've been getting lots of people asking if I think the Ravens will win, and I reply honestly: I think they have about a 25% chance of wining it, but I'll be cheering for that outcome. I really hope it does happen.

Ranior is DJ Khosumet the current and hopefully future Dark Lord...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old January 9th, 2013, 09:02 PM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Peyton Manning is 0-3 in playoff games under 40 degrees. Game time temps expected to be in the low 20's.

I'll take any stat I can get that makes me feel good about the Ravens chances.

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.
Old January 9th, 2013, 11:30 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I've gotta admit, I'd be a little surprised to see Seattle win it all, just because that'd be a pretty impressive feat for a rookie QB.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 9th, 2013, 11:52 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I've gotta admit, I'd be a little surprised to see Seattle win it all, just because that'd be a pretty impressive feat for a rookie QB.
Plus it would take 2 (more) wins on the road. Of the five contenders, they seem like the longest shot. But man, that defense is playing great.
Old January 9th, 2013, 11:57 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Quote:
Plus it would take 2 (more) wins on the road. Of the five contenders, they seem like the longest shot. But man, that defense is playing great.
They are a notoriously better home team (but they're also one of the hottest teams in the league right now).

Still, if they get down 14 like that against a team with a good defense, they won't be able to mount a comeback quite so effectively. They might end up being like Baltimore in the AFC (who I expect to come back down to Earth when they don't have the luxury of beating up on Indy's defense).

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 10th, 2013, 12:17 AM
#1 CoN Player & Charos Cultist innocently oiling another man

Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Quote:
They are a notoriously better home team (but they're also one of the hottest teams in the league right now).

Still, if they get down 14 like that against a team with a good defense, they won't be able to mount a comeback quite so effectively. They might end up being like Baltimore in the AFC (who I expect to come back down to Earth when they don't have the luxury of beating up on Indy's defense).

Seahawks are an interesting case. I don't think they have big comebacks in them, but I think there entire gameplan doesn't involve that. They want to keep the other team in a low scoring affair, and they'll run the ball and pass efficiently to beat you and limit your possessions.

The Ravens aren't streaky on offense. They just show up sometimes and others they don't. I'm not sure what to expect. I'll be happy if they play well. I'd be ecstatic if they win.

Ranior is DJ Khosumet the current and hopefully future Dark Lord...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old January 10th, 2013, 05:07 PM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Guess what was on ESPN yesterday? "How much do you blame Jay Cutler for RG3's injury?" Absolutely ridiculous. Basically they said that if he would have stayed in and played, RG3 wouldn't have felt the need to... Ridiculous...

Tournament Record:128-54 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Old January 10th, 2013, 05:31 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by boromir96 View Post
Guess what was on ESPN yesterday? "How much do you blame Jay Cutler for RG3's injury?" Absolutely ridiculous. Basically they said that if he would have stayed in and played, RG3 wouldn't have felt the need to... Ridiculous...

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old January 10th, 2013, 05:37 PM

Anonymous rolls all skulls baby! Anonymous rolls all skulls baby! Anonymous rolls all skulls baby! Anonymous rolls all skulls baby! Anonymous rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Was this on First Take? It sounds like First Take.
Old January 10th, 2013, 07:22 PM

Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Quote:
It was Skip Bayless to be exact. I love the show, but I don't exactly get a lotta the crap Skip Bayless spits out on a daily basis.

I encompass, and I eclipse.
Helm's Deep
My Maps
Embracing the Fun
Old January 10th, 2013, 07:54 PM

XDVincent knows what's in an order marker XDVincent knows what's in an order marker XDVincent knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vader View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Quote:
It was Skip Bayless to be exact. I love the show, but I don't exactly get a lotta the crap Skip Bayless spits out on a daily basis.
I've highlighted the reasoning that ESPN loses a lot of credibility.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV