Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old November 26th, 2018, 09:00 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Bailey Hoskins (ON HOLD)

Alrighty, got a guide written up. LEt me know if there are any edits or whatnot needed.

-How to Repaint Bailey Hoskins-

ORIGINAL FIGURE

Switching the Acountable figure into Bailey is a fairly easy process, no modifications are required and the paint job is relatively simple.

To repaint Bailey, just follow this color guide and paint the areas of the figure indicated with the paint corresponding to the letter:

Color A: A flat dark blue for the green bits of his shirt, the pants, and the neck. I made this color by mixing a bit of Model Master Acryl Colbat Blue into Aircraft Interior Black, but most lines should have a suitable dark blue if you don't want to mix a color yourself. Using straight black paint instead is also an option here. All you're doing is painting on a solid coat over all the aforementioned bits here, easy-peasy.

Color B: A flat blue to dry-brush all sections covered by paint A. I used Model Master Acryl Colbat Blue for this, but any medium shade of blue will do. You can find many a tutorial on dry-brushing online, but the gist of it is to wipe most of the paint off your brush with a paper towel, and then lightly go over the dark blue bits of the figure with the brush. This will result in only the raised portions of the sculpt getting any paint, which will help the details pop instead of having everything look like a big blue-black blob. If you're uncomfortable with this technique I'd suggest practicing on a junk figure, or anything you can paint on that you don't care about and has enough texture really, and skipping trying to dry-brush his neck.

Color C: A flat dark red for a wash on his hair. I used Model Master Acryl Rust mixed with just a tiny touch of Guards Red for this. Washing is basically the opposite of dry-brushing, we're just trying to get the recesses of the sculpt here. There are many tutorials online for washing, but the main thing is just to thin out your paint is much as possible before you paint over the hair. You may also want to clear off a bit of what you just painted by lightly going over the hair with a paper towel or a dry paint brush. This should result in the dark red only slightly darkening the hair color while give the illusion of depth and shadow.

Color D: A semi-gloss yellow for the white bit of his shirt (and the symbol), hands, and feet. I used Model Master Acryl Chrome Yellow mixed with a touch of Cadmium Yellow myself. Since we're painting over white and light tan bits here, I recommend thinning down your paint and doing almost a wash here (though without wiping any of the paint away). This will naturally give you a lighter shade of yellow on the raised parts of the shirt and a darker shade in the recesses, which will look a lot better than just flat yellow. While painting the shirt, just paint over the symbol at the same time as well. The symbol still be visible through the yellow paint, but we will cover that next.

Color E: A semi-gloss bright red to cover his chest symbol. I used Model Master Acryl Guards Red here. All you're doing here is painting a solid circle of red over top the... 'redo' or whatever it is... symbol on his chest to mask it. Don't worry if the circle isn't perfect, we'll be covering that in the next step.

Color F:A semi-gloss black to create the X-logo. All you're doing here is painting an 'X' over your circle of semi-gloss red and then doing an outline around the circle. You can use this step to adjust the overall shape of the circle as well, but even if it still isn't a perfect I wouldn't worry about it. He is the worst X-Man ever after all. I intentionally gave my X-Logo slightly ragged edges to give the impression of a quick airbrush job, as though the whole 'uniform' was hastily assembled from whatever scraps the X-People had laying around.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store

Last edited by johnny139; November 28th, 2018 at 10:02 PM.
Old November 26th, 2018, 09:06 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Awesome job, Soundwarp!

Synergy:

Quote:
Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:
I think that mini might be more like a medium 4? I'd double check the height (only occurred to me because of the dolphin thing) and then we should be good to go.
Old November 26th, 2018, 09:26 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

The mini is about a head shorter than a lot of clix minis I have, so yeah probably Medium 4 I guess.

My Etsy Store
Old November 26th, 2018, 09:46 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Very nice painting guide, much better than anything I would have put together. I think you may have mislabeled one thing though. You have a C pointing to his yellow shirt on the right side of the mini about half way down, I think that is suppose to be a D.
Old November 26th, 2018, 09:56 PM
Self-Destructive Shellfish

L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thanks a ton @Soundwarp SG-1 ! Everythings looks great. So we just need that Medium 4 card update then we are all set.
Old November 26th, 2018, 09:58 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Very nice painting guide, much better than anything I would have put together. I think you may have mislabeled one thing though. You have a C pointing to his yellow shirt on the right side of the mini about half way down, I think that is suppose to be a D.
Thanks, fixed. I ended up switching the Yellow step from C to D (so that I could explain what a wash was before having a step that says 'do an almost-wash') right before I finished up the guide and I just missed switching over the letter there.

My Etsy Store
Old November 26th, 2018, 09:58 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by L0B5T3R View Post
Thanks a ton @Soundwarp SG-1 ! Everythings looks great. So we just need that Medium 4 card update then we are all set.
Make sure to get the SP too!
Old November 26th, 2018, 10:19 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Cards updated

My Etsy Store
Old November 26th, 2018, 10:19 PM
Symbiotic

pre-yea for release

Cool to see this guy wrapping up

EDIT: I see the OP does actually still need the art credit and links
Old November 26th, 2018, 10:27 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Not seeing the painting guide pic since it was updated.
Old November 27th, 2018, 06:21 AM
Self-Destructive Shellfish

L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I see Soundy edited his painting guide right after your comment YK, so hopefully that’s kosher for you now (as it is for me).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
I see the OP does actually still need the art credit and links
I believe I’ll need an un-doctored photo of the mini to link in the OP. Could you post that up @Soundwarp SG-1 ?
Old November 27th, 2018, 06:35 AM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Re: The Book of Bailey Hoskins (FINAL EDITING)

My Etsy Store

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library