Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old March 2nd, 2018, 11:22 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: Kickstarter: What game(s) are you currently Kickstarting

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Would it be easier to just create a coop rule set for C3G?
Real easy if you have a third player to run the other side. But if we had 3+ players we wouldn't have much of an issue. Automating an enemy is the hard part.
Need an AI system, like for The Walking Dead All Out War. As well as event cards.

Frostgrave has an AI system for the various random monster/creatures that can show up.

Easiest way to manage it would be to have 1 main enemy and some henchmen. The henchmen can have a generic AI, but the boss would have more stuff going on. If Bats has Gloomhaven, then that's another way to handle it, at least some ideas anyway.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old March 2nd, 2018, 11:22 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
If I ever came back and dug into scenario/campaign stuff, it's what I'd want to try to accomplish (fully coop, not one versus many).

I'll try to sum all my responses to stuff in one post here, though, to not hijack the thread too fully. If anyone wants to know more about my (still very raw) custom game, feel free to PM/chat elsewhere.

Right now I have a pretty solid rules draft, solid concepts for a lot of the designs (but needs to get a ton of cards down in solid draft form), and a need for tons and tons of playtesting and tweaking before I could get it in a form where I could put together a decent prototype to send to others for feedback. So still very early in the process and slow going between two jobs and toddler care. I'm hoping to make it a big summer project once the kid is in preschool for four hours a day and I'm down to just the part-time job for a few months.

But the big difference between C3G and my idea would be (other than probably using original IPs) there would be built in mechanics that Heroscape doesn't cover, like RPGish ability checks, secret identities, full coop, mystery/investigation mechanics to uncover the big bads, character leveling, etc. At least that's the concept. Think Gloomhaven meets Sentinels of the Multiverse meets Eldrich Horror meets C3G as those are probably my biggest design influences (though some others are sprinkled in here and there). I plan on calling it "Champions of Renown" and if I somehow end up with a finished product I really like, I might try to do a Fantasy Sword and Sorcery version and a version based on an IP some friends and I toyed around with a while ago ("Strange Wanderings" using characters like Harry Houdini, Dorothy Gale, and Jack (of beanstalk fame) in RPGish roles).

The dream, dream scenario is to have an App that runs most of the Villain/Enemy decisions and some of the world stuff, but since I have zero coding skills, that'd require significant outside assistance. At this point I'm just more or less trying to figure out how the AI engine would work, what the interface would be like, and what information would be fed into it and spat out of it. Like I said, all very raw still.

But thanks for the interest and thanks for keeping the forums active and interesting! Carry on, all.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 2nd, 2018, 04:58 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Real easy if you have a third player to run the other side. But if we had 3+ players we wouldn't have much of an issue. Automating an enemy is the hard part.
Need an AI system, like for The Walking Dead All Out War. As well as event cards.

Frostgrave has an AI system for the various random monster/creatures that can show up.

Easiest way to manage it would be to have 1 main enemy and some henchmen. The henchmen can have a generic AI, but the boss would have more stuff going on. If Bats has Gloomhaven, then that's another way to handle it, at least some ideas anyway.
Those are the reasons I am so enchanted by your Frostgrave/Walking Dead thread...If I had something like that for superheroes it would definitely scratch an itch.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old March 5th, 2018, 08:43 PM

MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby!

This is some friends’ friend’s game, and it’s pretty fun so I thought I could share it here.

POWERUP is a 2D Dungeon Crawler simulating classic 16-bit Run and Gun platform games. It’s cooperative, with the option to play in skirmish mode competitively.

Old March 5th, 2018, 08:47 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Kickstarters without links are useless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old March 5th, 2018, 11:04 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Kickstarters without links are useless.
The "K" in the top left links to the Kickstarter page.

Last edited by A3n; March 5th, 2018 at 11:05 PM. Reason: the other right
Old March 5th, 2018, 11:38 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Kool!

Thanks, A3n!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old March 6th, 2018, 10:51 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I never even noticed the K...Thanks.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old March 6th, 2018, 11:27 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Rookies

Old March 6th, 2018, 11:44 AM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Rookies
Yeah, I thought that was a joke!

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez and Stan Lee
Old March 6th, 2018, 11:54 AM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Rookies
You would be accurate in that description...I've never participated actively in a Kickstarter. Though I have checked out a lot.

Old March 6th, 2018, 02:06 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Quote:
Rookies
You would be accurate in that description...I've never participated actively in a Kickstarter. Though I have checked out a lot.
See, I knew it

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games