Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape
C3G SuperScape A Place to gather C3G threads without interfering with other Marvel Customs creation

Old March 7th, 2015, 11:36 PM

bsbush7690 knows what's in an order marker bsbush7690 knows what's in an order marker
Re: The C3G Cave - Hangout

Quote:
Originally by laughing matter
I'm glad the Nolan Dark Knight movies aren't in the DC movie universe solely because of Gotham.
It drives me insane how much people like it. I have seen the first 2 episodes and never again will I give it a second chance.
Old March 8th, 2015, 12:10 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Meh, different strokes for different folks. I dig Gotham, but I also dig Flash and Agents of SHIELD a lot and liked Agent Carter a lot as well. Arrow has its moments for me, as some episodes are a lot better than others. Though I haven't kept up on the last 5 episodes but have them recorded to watch sometime.

Hopefully Supergirl works out well.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old March 8th, 2015, 12:46 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I haven't watched a single episode of Gotham...the previews alone turn me off. My thoughts are if the cut up portions that are suppose to sell me on the show seem bad...I'm not wasting my time...

Flash however I love. I wasn't much of a Flash fan as far as the character until the show but that is definitely not the case now. The show has caused me to learn even more.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old March 8th, 2015, 08:57 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
I think it's a bit too dark for the character - Superman, maybe, but a teenage girl in a skirt and boots that calls herself Supergirl? I think she'd be going a bit brighter.

But yeah, I think it's solid overall.
Remember, this is the same DC that has a no jokes policy - ever since Nolan Batman worked and GL tanked they've thought everything needs to be dark, edgy and depressingly serious to be good, even as Marvel proves that philosophy wrong time and time again.
On the small screen, Flash isn't dark at all and it's performing well. It's hard to judge the state of the DCU since all we've seen is Man of Steel. I expect Suicide Squad to have a sort of humor to it among all the bloodshed.
Really? I've only seen adverts, not the show, but if the tone isn't dark then they picked the wrong type of lighting - it's really, really dark and dull based on those. And didn't they make a specific comment on having a 'no jokes' policy at some point? (Admittedly I think that may have been specifically DCU films.)

As for the costume - it looks okay, probably the best they could do with it, but the dull lighting and dark background speak volumes when it comes to tone - or at least they should, otherwise it looks like they don't know what they're doing, IMO.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old March 8th, 2015, 09:07 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by laughing matter View Post
I'm glad the Nolan Dark Knight movies aren't in the DC movie universe solely because of Gotham.
Dark Knight wasn't even part of the normal Batman universe. It was a stand alone arc so no it shouldn't be part of DCU.

I love Gotham, I dislike Fish, but the rest I have enjoyed. If you are watching it or thinking of it as a Batman origin story you are in the wrong frame of mind to begin with. There is a reason why it's called Gotham, it is the origin story of Gotham. It's telling the story of why such a place needs a vigilante hero. We see it all with Jim Gordon as the backdrop not the other way around. The Bruce Wayne & villain origins are just the sets that it is played out on.

Remember it took a lot of people 5-6 episodes before they started to like AoS.

But I definitely love Flash. It is a great basis to start building the universe from. They just need to start adding references to Man of Steel.
Old March 8th, 2015, 09:14 AM

betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby!

@A3n
Flash and Arrow have their own universe separate to that of the Man of Steel universe. The producers of Flash and Arrow have said to think of it as the multiverse.
Old March 8th, 2015, 09:21 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by betawolf36 View Post
@A3n
Flash and Arrow have their own universe separate to that of the Man of Steel universe. The producers of Flash and Arrow have said to think of it as the multiverse.
That's just a waste & sux. Which is why DC are so far behind the 8-ball.
Old March 8th, 2015, 10:30 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Quote:
@A3n
Yeah, they aren't so bright over there at DC.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old March 8th, 2015, 11:02 AM
Promotable Material

Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Quote:
@A3n
According to reports, here is the DCCU's movie Flash:

Old March 8th, 2015, 11:29 AM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Having separate movie and TV universes means Arrow and Flash are free to use whatever characters they want, and that's fine with me. It's a bit disappointing that we'll never see them on the big screen (unless a potential CRISIS ON INFANITE EARTHS storyline happens!), but since I think Flash and Arrow are some of the best things on TV right now, it'd be a shame for the quality to drop to stay consistent with future movies.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I think it's a bit too dark for the character - Superman, maybe, but a teenage girl in a skirt and boots that calls herself Supergirl? I think she'd be going a bit brighter.

Remember, this is the same DC that has a no jokes policy - ever since Nolan Batman worked and GL tanked they've thought everything needs to be dark, edgy and depressingly serious to be good, even as Marvel proves that philosophy wrong time and time again.
On the small screen, Flash isn't dark at all and it's performing well. It's hard to judge the state of the DCU since all we've seen is Man of Steel. I expect Suicide Squad to have a sort of humor to it among all the bloodshed.
Really? I've only seen adverts, not the show, but if the tone isn't dark then they picked the wrong type of lighting - it's really, really dark and dull based on those. And didn't they make a specific comment on having a 'no jokes' policy at some point? (Admittedly I think that may have been specifically DCU films.)

As for the costume - it looks okay, probably the best they could do with it, but the dull lighting and dark background speak volumes when it comes to tone - or at least they should, otherwise it looks like they don't know what they're doing, IMO.
I have no idea what you're talking about - Flash has a serious tone when the story calls for it but they crack jokes all the time. It helps that Barry Allen is a much happier dude than Batman, Oliver Queen, or Man of Steel Superman. The suit is fairly dark compared to the comics version, but Flash had the nerve to keep the admittedly silly-looking suit. The nerd side of me really loves that the Flash actually names all of its villains in a tongue-in-cheek way. Cisco, a member of "Team Flash", comes up with silly names like Peek-a-Boo, Captain Cold, Reverse Flash, etc. He show acknowledges that comic names are ridiculous but goes out of its way to throw in those in-jokes to the fans.
Old March 8th, 2015, 12:08 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Having separate movie and TV universes means Arrow and Flash are free to use whatever characters they want, and that's fine with me. It's a bit disappointing that we'll never see them on the big screen (unless a potential CRISIS ON INFANITE EARTHS storyline happens!), but since I think Flash and Arrow are some of the best things on TV right now, it'd be a shame for the quality to drop to stay consistent with future movies.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I have no idea what you're talking about - Flash has a serious tone when the story calls for it but they crack jokes all the time. It helps that Barry Allen is a much happier dude than Batman, Oliver Queen, or Man of Steel Superman. The suit is fairly dark compared to the comics version, but Flash had the nerve to keep the admittedly silly-looking suit. The nerd side of me really loves that the Flash actually names all of its villains in a tongue-in-cheek way. Cisco, a member of "Team Flash", comes up with silly names like Peek-a-Boo, Captain Cold, Reverse Flash, etc. He show acknowledges that comic names are ridiculous but goes out of its way to throw in those in-jokes to the fans.
Yeah it keeps it light enough that I can watch it with the family without being goofy. The name part is great..especially when he tries something and it doesn't work the first time or when someone else beats him to a name and he gets upset.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old March 8th, 2015, 01:14 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah it keeps it light enough that I can watch it with the family without being goofy. The name part is great..especially when he tries something and it doesn't work the first time or when someone else beats him to a name and he gets upset.
Fair enough, I can't speak for that, haven't seen the show, as I said - I merely expressed surprise that it wasn't po-faced and serious since the adverts I've seen have all painted it in that light, and had very dark lighting in pretty much all the scenes they show - if it isn't a dark show then that still seems to be how it's advertised, at least in the UK, and I noticed similar trends in adverts for Arrow. The no jokes thing I recall reading was a specific policy, though I can't remember where, and I think it was actually just DC cineamatic universe policy, not TV.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape