Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old January 24th, 2010, 08:29 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!
Re: The C3G Release Party! - It's On! :-D

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09167 View Post
where's Rorschach?
I am soooooo calling dibs on Rorschach and Deadpool.
I'll race you.
Old January 24th, 2010, 09:41 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Congratulations on your first release, guys! The finished product looks very professional and official - you should all be proud of your hard work.
Old January 24th, 2010, 09:44 PM

osky Woo who?

Hi Everyone,

Looks like I came out of lurking just in time for the party. This set is a very impressive piece of work, I really enjoyed reading the fiction in the manual. My son and I can't wait to collect the figures and play! Congratulations to you all and thanks for sharing the results of your hard work with the rest of us.
Old January 24th, 2010, 10:11 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Looking through these final cards I love Green Arrow and Count Vertigo. And Black Canary's interaction with Venom is really cool. I can't wait for my minis to get in . . . .

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old January 24th, 2010, 10:50 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Green Arrow's interaction with Black Canary is a lot of fun too.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 24th, 2010, 11:06 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Green Arrow's interaction with Black Canary is a lot of fun too.
I'm sure it is. Green Arrow is one of those superheros that I really don't know too much about, but love the concept behind (like Dr. Strange*) so anything that synergizes with him his great in my book.

The thing I like about Black Canary is how in that one card you showed that this is designed to interact with the Marvel set, and it was done in a way that would consistently interact with Carnage and Black Suit Spiderman. It's the little details I love,

Spoiler Alert!

Old January 24th, 2010, 11:15 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yeah, we definitely went back and forth a lot over the whole resistances and vulnerabilities thing. What we settled on, though - known as the "Hi1 compromise" opened us up for a lot of fun interactions like that.
And we're into full on Marvel/DC cross compatiblity the whole way.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 24th, 2010, 11:22 PM
Gets It!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Yeah, we definitely went back and forth a lot over the whole resistances and vulnerabilities thing. What we settled on, though - known as the "Hi1 compromise" opened us up for a lot of fun interactions like that.
And we're into full on Marvel/DC cross compatiblity the whole way.
Well, like I meant to say, it's the subtlety of it that I really like.

I feel a like a bit of a jerk for asking this so soon, but when are the books/faq going up? I have stupid rules questions (Stealth Flying does count as Flying right?)

Old January 24th, 2010, 11:23 PM
Online HS Season 6 Champion

TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

The Joker's Reorganized Chaos is my favorite power. Was that just one persons idea? They deserve rewards.

Wayne mansion map looks really cool too.

For the future, is it ok if people make post in your C3G threads? I know it's ok for this one, but for the ones where guys are being discussed. I don't want to get in the way of your work or anything.

Oh, almost forgot to say how cool the knock back rule is. That is the best bit of this to me. It adds flavor, a cool game play mechanic, and I'm liking the way that it can bring destructible objects into play without anyone needing to target them just for the sake of wanting to blow up a warehouse wall.

I tried to rep everyone responsible, but if I missed you, feel free to let me know. PM or however.
Old January 24th, 2010, 11:25 PM

Yep - Stealth Flying counts as flying. If you read the new rulebook there's a section in there about the use of the "Flying Symbol" at the bottom of the card (Superman has one, for instance). So we just took the part of Stealth Flying not covered in the flying power and added that on to make it clear that we were adding the stealth aspect to the flying symbol.
Hopefully we'll get "books of" up in the next few days. I know this particular thread will probably be a magnet for a lot of rep, and I'm certainly not the only one who deserves any, so I'm going to give some of my compatriots an opportunity to set up "books" that hopefully will get plenty of +rep love of their own.
Also, since I'm a mod, I can edit all of those books, but it'd be nice to have someone else who can as well.
I know I've already talked to Griffin about this and he's interested in putting some of the Books together, but I'm sure if anyone else wants to pitch in, that'd be cool as well and we can organize it together.

Old January 24th, 2010, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSparkleInYourWater View Post
The Joker's Reorganized Chaos is my favorite power. Was that just one persons idea? They deserve rewards.

Wayne mansion map looks really cool too.

For the future, is it ok if people make post in your C3G threads? I know it's ok for this one, but for the ones where guys are being discussed. I don't want to get in the way of your work or anything.

Oh, almost forgot to say how cool the knock back rule is. That is the best bit of this to me. It adds flavor, a cool game play mechanic, and I'm liking the way that it can bring destructible objects into play without anyone needing to target them just for the sake of wanting to blow up a warehouse wall.

I tried to rep everyone responsible, but if I missed you, feel free to let me know. PM or however.
It's absolutely OK to chime in on any of the threads whenever you like. I mean, to be fair, it's one of those deals where the more involved you are in the project the more weight your words are likely to carry, but we still very much want to hear from everyone interested in this project (and it's always good to know people are interested enough in it for our efforts to be worthwhile). Besides, we all started on this project at one point or another. If you're interested in contributing, I'm sure we're all happy to hear what you have to say.
Really, just about everything here was collaborative from day one. I can't even recall who initially came up with Reorganized Chaos. I know it went through several versions.
I know for Wayne Manor Joe5Joe7 came up with the original version, and then I, EternalThanos, and Griffin all put significant tweaks on it.
Knockback was done by our rules committee, with Balantai taking the lead and significant contributions from Necroblade, GreyOwl, and others. I really like how it provides just a real light touch. Once you play it a few times the rules really aren't hard to remember at all and it's not at all gamebreaking. It's about as effecting on the game as engagement rules are. So enough that you notice it and can take advantage of it if you're really crafty, but not so much that it feels "cheap" or decides games all on its own.

Old January 24th, 2010, 11:32 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSparkleInYourWater View Post
Absolutely! We encourage everyone to offer opinions in the C3G threads.

Quote:
Knockback is definitely the biggest flavor injector, IMO, and adds lots of fun to games.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy