Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing
3D Printing A Forum to discuss 3D Printing

Old January 6th, 2019, 11:37 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!
Re: Index of Classic Heroscape .stl files

Now that I have an Ender 3 printer, I wanted see if I can get higher resolution scans with 3DF Zephyr. I took 40 high resolution pictures of a Varkaanan Blade Dancer with my Canon Rebel T3 camera. Then I input the pictures into 3DF Zephyr and used the Ultra setting (must be enabled in Options).

The resulting 3D model is much higher resolution than the other scans we made. It's still not perfect (notice the sword), but that's an easy fix. Changing the background might work, but I'll probably just fix it in Blender.

It took several hours of computing time make the models, but I can run those overnight. As I have time I'll try to make higher resolution models of all the figures I have.

Old January 7th, 2019, 01:45 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Great stuff WK. Congrats on getting an Ender 3. These definitely look a bit cleaner already. I've put in a profile setting from my brother to make much better miniatures. I'm printing a pretty fun file for the Nazgul Ring wraiths from LOTR. I already have a Witch King of Agmar and Sauron. So I'm printing 4 of each of the two sculpts of wraiths to get the other 8. I already printed 3 of them, now just going to print the other 5.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old January 7th, 2019, 09:07 AM

shaolin knows what's in an order marker shaolin knows what's in an order marker shaolin knows what's in an order marker

Awesome! Enjoy the Ender 3, I love mine. I’m always down to talk profile settings if you hit any speed bumps and need to bounce ideas off someone
Old January 7th, 2019, 10:03 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Please post your Ender 3 profile settings!
I will pass them on to my friend and I know @japes would be interested as he has one on the way.

That looks awesome White Knight. Nice work!
Old January 7th, 2019, 12:42 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Please post your Ender 3 profile settings!
I will pass them on to my friend and I know @japes would be interested as he has one on the way.

That looks awesome White Knight. Nice work!
It should be delivered today actually. Was suppose to be here for Christmas and despite the site still saying it is in Stock in US warehouses...I haven't seen it.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old January 24th, 2019, 11:49 AM

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Added a higher resolution version of the Shade of Bleakwood.

Also, this would be a good thread to STICKY since it's a resource anyone with a 3D printer can use.
Old January 24th, 2019, 01:42 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post

Also, this would be a good thread to STICKY since it's a resource anyone with a 3D printer can use.
I agree. Can we get a mod or admin to sticky this thing.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old January 24th, 2019, 08:30 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Woo-hoo, I finally have a 3D printer. Now I need to figure out how to use it. Ender 3 Pro that my wife ordered for me for Christmas finally showed up. I have quite a few things from thingiverse I want to print but I guess I need to pick a software next right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Quote:

and done.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old January 24th, 2019, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Woo-hoo, I finally have a 3D printer. Now I need to figure out how to use it. Ender 3 Pro that my wife ordered for me for Christmas finally showed up. I have quite a few things from thingiverse I want to print but I guess I need to pick a software next right?

Quote:
Quote:

and done.
Thanks for the Sticky.

I've been using the CURA that came with the Ender 3 software. I set it up per the directions and it works well for me.
Old January 24th, 2019, 09:35 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

and done.
Thanks for the Sticky.

I've been using the CURA that came with the Ender 3 software. I set it up per the directions and it works well for me.
Shoot...I didn't even realize it came with software. I haven't opened the box yet.

Old January 24th, 2019, 10:52 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
I haven't opened the box yet.
I got the exact same one for Christmas from my wife, and haven't opened the box yet, either. Gotta find a good table for it soon.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old January 25th, 2019, 02:49 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Hey, 3D Printing folks, the C3V would like a volunteer to test a print for us.

PM me for more details, and the .stl and blender files.

EDIT: We got somebody, thanks!

Last edited by superfrog; January 25th, 2019 at 07:24 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing