Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

View Poll Results: When did C3V jump the shark?
Omegacron 2 16.67%
Quahon 1 8.33%
Arctorus 1 8.33%
The Varkaanan 0 0%
Dyer 3 (any more C3V planets lurking around?) 0 0%
Other (I'll give you an earful in the comments, never has and never will, etc) 8 66.67%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 15th, 2024, 11:27 PM

Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness
When did C3V jump the shark?

Edited note: There's a great old thread that poses this question about Heroscape which you can read here: https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ght=Jump+shark Check it out! This thread is a bit more serious but it's still a fun question, I hope!

With the return of official Heroscape merchandise approaching, I thought that it might be fun to do a bit of retrospection on the VC universe up to this point. Not that it is at its end, but now seemed as good a point as any. There's been many a post about how these customs have carried a torch for the game, but I'm interested in seeing some discussion on high points and low points. I'm phrasing this thread the way it does because I'm curious if people think "jumping the shark" is something that has happened in the C3V. If so, when? Was there a watershed release that just let loose a torrent of unpalatable customs? Or perhaps an ugly duckling that sticks out like a sore thumb amongst a catalog of serviceable designs? I'd love to hear your C3V review!

I've been around on this site for maybe half of C3V's output. I've included in the poll some moments that seemed to stick out to me, but my knowledge of the whole thing is hardly complete and honestly I'm including a poll somewhat to draw some interest to the thread Please, if there's something that sticks out to you, let it be known!

Me personally, I looked through the C3V books wave by wave, and I feel that something happened around Wave 17 (the Varkaanan wave). Everything prior to this point just hits a note for me - I think it's just the way the customs feel so much like the classic scape designs and fill some of the unfilled holes in the official heroscape armies and lore (Mariedians, 9th Elf Wizard, Raptorians, Skeletons, Dredguls, lizardfolk hero), and the more original designs alongside them sing as well. I think that's what made the Vark arrival such a massive high point. It was a massive creative endeavor that melded a new lore with new game play into something completely original. A Creation of sorts (and one I think was utterly and completely successful). But after this point things just don't do it so much for me. Maybe the Varks just set my bar too high, or something. I don't know. I do think C3V has put out some great stuff since then. And I think they can put forth something that would hit each and every note and top the summit that was the Varkaanan wave: put out a master set that is tight and harmonious. That would be something, maybe it's just me, I don't know.

Yes, I get that my diatribe doesn't really follow a "jumped the shark" argument, but I wanted this thread to encourage some retrospective conversation more than sticking closely to the metaphor. Definitely not trying to insult or start any drama. At best this may give some good feedback for the VC people, at worst maybe it'll be a bit of nostalgia.

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

Maklar the Silver Prince's Customs

Last edited by Maklar the Silver Prince; March 16th, 2024 at 10:52 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs