Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old April 23rd, 2023, 04:50 PM

Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
MARS Philadelphia - VC "Scattered" B and Under - 5/21/23

Announcing the sixth gathering of the Revamped Mid-Atlantic Regional Scapers! It will be at:

Showcase Comics and Games
1015 Lancaster Ave, Bryn Mawr, PA 19010

Sunday May 21, 2023
12:00 – 1:00 Setup. I will be arriving at 11:30ish.
1:00 – 5:00 4 Rounds of HeroScape.
5:00 – 6:00 Map teardown and prizes. Store closes at 6.
6:00 - Onward Dinner at Twenty One Pips! A local board game bar. I will need to make reservations ahead of time. Let me know if you plan to stay for dinner.

$10 Entry Fee. Entry Fee does not cover dinner, obviously. (100% of admission cost will be used to purchase gift certificates to the store that will be prized out to the top X players, depending on attendance)

VC "Scattered" B and Under
  • Each player brings one army of up to 450 points, that takes up to a maximum of 24 spaces.
    • An army can contain more than 24 spaces worth of figures, but only 24 spaces worth of figures may be placed on the battlefield each game. Rechets of Bogdan, and Bound Heroes of the Acolytes of Vorganund count toward these limits.
  • "Scattered" refers to the type of maps chosen for the event. See below.
  • Units ranked above "B" on dok's VC Inclusive Power Ranking thread are BANNED.
    • Units currently not ranked are allowed. This currently pertains to Ataraxis the Starlich, Father Caylus, Kalagrith, Maekor, M.A.R.S., and Mellifera.
    • Banned list is decided as of 4/23/23 any changes made to dok's list after that date will NOT be binding.
    • For full list of banned units, see Q&A below.
  • Valhalla Customs (C3V + SoV) figures are allowed. See these Valhalla Customs resources:
  • Marvel Heroscape figures are not allowed.

Maps
All maps will have “Scattered” Starting Zones!

Can't see the jungle by Dignan with Valda and Frosa

Hotzones by superfrog with 2x Dagmar and 2x Wannok

Don't call it a comeback by BiggaBullfrog with no Glyphs

Battle Arena V43 Edition by Sir Heroscape and Vydar_XLIII with Dagmar and Yngveld

Proximity V43 Edition by Dignan and Vydar_XLIII with Xipta (center) and 2x Lodin

Encroachment by Vydar_XLIII with Ulaniva

Attendees
  1. Vydar_XLIII (Dinner)
  2. Brean of Philly (Dinner)
  3. gbizzy (Dinner)
  4. Scared Cultist (Dinner)
  5. SimpleSamaritan (Dinner)
  6. ItWasJonathan (Dinner)
  7. xiegfried (Dinner)
  8. Heirloom
  9. Mark (Dinner)
  10. Man_At_Arms

Q&A
How will placement work at the start of each game?
Quote:
At the beginning of the game each player rolls a 20-sided die. High roller chooses whether to be Player 1 or Player 2. Player 1 will then place 1 Army Card's worth of figures in a start zone of their choosing. Player 2 will place 1 Army Card's worth of figures in the other start zone. Players continue to place figures in this way, back and forth, until one player is out of Army Cards to place. The remaining player may then place all remaining figures. Once a placing "turn" has passed, figures placed in a start zone may not be rearranged.

EXAMPLE:
Spoiler Alert!
You can only place 10 double-spaced figures in the start zones on Can't see the jungle and Hotzones. What happens If I want to bring 4x Marrden Hounds and can't place all the figures.
Quote:
They are unable to be placed. Tough luck. There will be no adding hexes to the back of start zones in this tournament. Part of the metagame for this tournament is to be able to utilize the scattered start zones as best you can. Adding space to the back if you are unable to place in the front or center would be against the spirit of this event.
List of Banned Units: Alphabetically
Spoiler Alert!

List of Banned Units: By Ranking
Spoiler Alert!

"I disagree. You're kind of right, yes, but Vydar and I are entirely right." -superfrog

High Quality Map Rendering
Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
VC Units Base Size Spreadsheet

Last edited by Vydar_XLIII; May 15th, 2023 at 08:29 PM. Reason: Adding Dcic to the list of maps!
Old April 23rd, 2023, 04:55 PM

Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: MARS Philadelphia - VC "Scattered" B and Under - 5/21/23

Forgot Tags in the OP
@GucciiBoost @Earl_of_Sandwich @gbizzy @Dad_Scaper @MrWookiee @nicktheant @Major Q23 @Trivia Knight @loki619 @Astroking112 @OverEngineered @kldonnelly @Skizzix @tom @Elven Lord @drewcula @Taeblewalker @Myth26 @Heirloom @bishop2003

"I disagree. You're kind of right, yes, but Vydar and I are entirely right." -superfrog

Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
Old April 25th, 2023, 10:56 AM

Earl_of_Sandwich rolls all skulls baby! Earl_of_Sandwich rolls all skulls baby! Earl_of_Sandwich rolls all skulls baby! Earl_of_Sandwich rolls all skulls baby!

Count me in for this! Regarding the start zones, how will placement work at the start of the game? Will we roll for it?
Old April 25th, 2023, 01:19 PM

Glad to have you! Are you in for dinner too?

Good question about the SZs! We'll go with the following:

Quote:
At the beginning of the game each player rolls a 20-sided die. High roller chooses whether to be Player 1 or Player 2. Player 1 will then place 1 Army Card's worth of figures in a start zone of their choosing. Player 2 will place 1 Army Card's worth of figures in the other start zone. Players continue to place figures in this way, back and forth, until one player is out of Army Cards to place. The remaining player may then place all remaining figures. Once a placing "turn" has passed, figures placed in a start zone may not be rearranged.

EXAMPLE:
Spoiler Alert!

Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
Old April 25th, 2023, 02:33 PM

Earl_of_Sandwich rolls all skulls baby! Earl_of_Sandwich rolls all skulls baby! Earl_of_Sandwich rolls all skulls baby! Earl_of_Sandwich rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vydar_XLIII View Post
Glad to have you! Are you in for dinner too?

Good question about the SZs! We'll go with the following:

Quote:
Ok that sounds good to me! And not sure about dinner yet. I'm interested but will have to let you know once we're a little closer.
Old April 25th, 2023, 05:13 PM

gbizzy rolls all skulls baby! gbizzy rolls all skulls baby! gbizzy rolls all skulls baby! gbizzy rolls all skulls baby!

Excited for this one! Scared Cultist, SimpleSamaritan and myself are in for Scape and dinner, ItWasJonathan is in for Scape.

Mark, Shooby, and Eyerider are likely going as well but won't know for sure until we get a little closer.

Last edited by gbizzy; April 25th, 2023 at 05:34 PM.
Old April 25th, 2023, 10:20 PM

Heirloom knows what's in an order marker Heirloom knows what's in an order marker

@Vydar_XLIII Thanks for the tag! Would love to come again, will get back to you when I know more.
Old April 25th, 2023, 10:41 PM

Glad to have as much of the Salisbury crew as can make it @gbizzy !

Hope to see you again @Heirloom !

----------

And more tags that I forgot. (I think its time to make a list somewhere.) Sorry guys!
@Man_At_Arms @Joecrazy3193

Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
Old April 25th, 2023, 10:56 PM

Another Q/A came up. (Brean wanted to play a ton of hounds.)
You can only place 10 double-spaced figures in the start zones on Can't see the jungle and Hotzones. What happens If I want to bring 4x Marrden Hounds and can't place all the figures.
Quote:
They are unable to be placed. Tough luck. There will be no adding hexes to the back of start zones in this tournament. Part of the metagame for this tournament is to be able to utilize the scattered start zones as best you can. Adding space to the back if you are unable to place in the front or center would be against the spirit of this event.

Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps

Last edited by Vydar_XLIII; April 26th, 2023 at 02:07 PM.
Old April 26th, 2023, 01:24 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

They shouldn't be destroyed, that would lead to weird spam with Zombies/MW. Unable to be placed should do the trick.
Old April 26th, 2023, 02:07 PM

Yep, you're right.

Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
Old April 27th, 2023, 11:22 PM

The second map has been posted!

Hotzones by superfrog

Also, because of the weirdness of these maps, and specifically some of the glyph placements on them, we will have set glyphs for each map that you wall all know ahead of time. Glyphs are listed in the OP.

Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events