Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old December 30th, 2014, 02:30 PM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Sherman Davies' Marvel customs - Loki & Enchantress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
What power are you referring to when you say "first strike?" I've been wracking my brain trying to remember a power of mine with that name, but coming up blank.
Whoops, I think I meant to say 'First Assault' but I just realized this is a power off of Valguard from Class 'scape. Still I really like how you used it to encouraged figures to move across the map and attack different targets. For instance with Whirlwind.

Counter Attack is a nice play on Counter Strike, with making it easier to do by not having to have excess shields, so it works nicely on Heroes with 4 defense, but limiting it to only causing one wound.

Using the X OM as an extra turn is also a really neat idea and I'm itching to try out Deathstroke and Cyclops using it.

Also, I'm a big fan of the tweaks you made to the Marvel Master Set figures to make them more competitive or balanced. A little surprised you didn't do anything with Thanos. I've seen him played quite a bit and he almost always seems to do WAY more damage than his cost because of the resurrect power. I really like the once per round roll, instead of the once per turn like you did with Grundy so I'll probably try that out and boost his cost a bit. Possibly to over 400 points with some tweaks.
Old December 30th, 2014, 03:53 PM

Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Thanks, I guess a list is useful even to people who don't print them out. Chas will be happy to learn he was right
I often use your cards to find powers that I like or just reference material for stats and things.
Old January 1st, 2015, 10:42 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Pig View Post
Also, I'm a big fan of the tweaks you made to the Marvel Master Set figures to make them more competitive or balanced. A little surprised you didn't do anything with Thanos. I've seen him played quite a bit and he almost always seems to do WAY more damage than his cost because of the resurrect power.
Thanks - I've left Thanos (and Captain America) alone out of the original 10 figures because they always seemed to me to be fine as they were. You've probably seen Thanos in action more than I have, but the consensus seems to be that he's good, but hardly broken. He's listed as a B+ figure in @dok 's C3V-inclusive Power Rankings, and his stats are on the low side for his weight class.
Old January 1st, 2015, 11:06 AM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Pig View Post
Also, I'm a big fan of the tweaks you made to the Marvel Master Set figures to make them more competitive or balanced. A little surprised you didn't do anything with Thanos. I've seen him played quite a bit and he almost always seems to do WAY more damage than his cost because of the resurrect power.
Thanks - I've left Thanos (and Captain America) alone out of the original 10 figures because they always seemed to me to be fine as they were. You've probably seen Thanos in action more than I have, but the consensus seems to be that he's good, but hardly broken. He's listed as a B+ figure in @dok 's C3V-inclusive Power Rankings, and his stats are on the low side for his weight class.
I agree Captain America is great and the design is dang near perfect. Not sure why he didn't get 6 move considering his speed. But gameplay wise it's not a big deal because of his awesome ranged attack.

I think Thanos in a vacuum is fine, its when he is paired up with extremely hard to hit and catch figures in an army that he's abused. Like Spiderman and Silver Surfer for instance. So you send in Thanos first do as much damage as possible and then evade and run with the other characters until you resurrect Thanos - and repeat. I think making Thanos a once per round roll for ressurect instead of once per turn could help mitigate some of that annoyance. This strategy gets even more annoying in games with 1,000+ points and multiple players on teams like 2v2 or 3v3. The longer the game goes on the more resurrection rolls are successful and he really starts to feel broken for his cost.

I imagine dok's ratings are geared more towards 1v1 500-700 point tournament games and in that setting I'm sure Thanos is probably fine as is.
Old January 1st, 2015, 11:28 AM

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

True, a Thanos/Silver Surfer or Thanos/Spidey combo is probably annoying to deal with (particularly my Spidey which gets potential bonus turns). That said, it's probably no more annoying than facing a ratpodge army, so I think allowing that combo to exist in the Shermanverse is acceptable. Not desirable perhaps, but acceptable.
Old January 29th, 2015, 01:02 PM

Re: Sherman Davies' Marvel customs - Baron Zemo

With the recent news that Baron Zemo will likely be played by Daniel Bruhl in the next Captain America movie, I figured I'd put some work into finishing my Baron Zemo card:

My old drafts of Baron Zemo had a very different version of Adhesive X which involved markers and movement prevention, but I switched to a simpler OM-removal power once I realized how it could synergize with his Strategist power. I also toyed with the idea of Double Attack, but decided to keep him to two powers.
Old January 29th, 2015, 01:08 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

I don't know if it matters to you, but the mini your're using in the photo is Helmut Zemo, whereas the Adhesive X user is the original Heinrich Zemo-unless they both use it. Tag got me the wrong one (which Kolakoski has been using as Helmut in a couple of our games), since at the time I didn't know about Helmut, so didn't specify which I wanted.
Old January 29th, 2015, 03:11 PM

To the best of my knowledge, both Zemos use Adhesive X as a weapon and have pretty much the same skill set, so my card is intended to represent whichever Zemo a player prefers, father or son.
Old January 29th, 2015, 04:26 PM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth

No Moonstones?

Also, wasn't he pretty good with firearms? I'll have to look him up….
Old January 29th, 2015, 11:39 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
To the best of my knowledge, both Zemos use Adhesive X as a weapon and have pretty much the same skill set, so my card is intended to represent whichever Zemo a player prefers, father or son.
"Lunchbox" version of the Baron, I love it. Who cares which identity is under the mask, I want to play with the super powered dude not his secret identity.

Good for you, brother.
Old January 30th, 2015, 10:44 AM

Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
With the recent news that Baron Zemo will likely be played by Daniel Bruhl in the next Captain America movie, I figured I'd put some work into finishing my
That's great that their putting Zemo in CA3. I like the simple way you captured the adhesive X power. The strategist power is great theme also. Great card!
Old January 30th, 2015, 01:46 PM

Really like the how those two abilities combo, nice work!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations