Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old March 24th, 2010, 09:02 AM
Online HS Season 6 Champion

TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
The Book of Drow Chainfighter

The Book of Drow Chainfighter
Champions of The Forgotten Realms
Collection 11 (D1) - "Glaun Bog Raiders"

Spoiler Alert!

If you cannot see the Army Card graphic, check the Heroscapers Gallery for stats and special powers, plus "character biography" and other non-game unit info.
Character Bio: (Truth's front-page description)The Drow Chainfighter is a new Common Hero for Utgar. At 25 points, he may not look like much at first, but looks are deceiving. His Chain Grab ability is amazingly versatile! After moving and before attacking, you can roll a D20 for the chance to grab a small or medium figure and pull them up adjacent to you. Add to that the fact that he has Hide in Darkness like the Deepwyrm Drow before him, and you’ve got a potent new low cost common hero to populate your armies!

Do figures moved with Chain Grab ever take falling damage? No.

Synergy Benefits Received
  • Warden 816: Guard Leadership: As a Guard, The Drow Chainfighter may benefit from Warden 816's Guard Leadership movement bonus.
Synergy Benefits Offered
  • Pelloth: Lolth's Wrath Special Attack: As a Drow The Drow Chainfighter may be used by Pelloth for his Lolth's Wrath Special Attack.
Synergy Imposed
  • Otonashi: Attack The Wild 2: As a figure with the wild personality The Drow Chainfighter is vulnerable to Otonashi's Attack The Wild 2.
C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • - TBA

The Drow Chainfighter impresses me

Power Rankings

Jexik: Drow Chainfighter- Situational and d20-reliant... but really cool when it works and you remove Raelin or a rat from an important location. B-

OEAO: B

Cleon: Tier 4 (156/208)

dok (VC inclusive): Now comes with complimentary Crypt Guardian activation. B

Unit Strategy Review
  • - TBA

Last edited by superfrog; March 11th, 2019 at 01:40 PM. Reason: vc added
Old April 18th, 2010, 08:15 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of The Drow Chainfighter

Wow, I'm surprised to get in the first post here. Played an army with a couple of Chainfighters today and had an awesome moment to report. The map was designed to be Wyvern friendly, with three patches of molten lava that were level with adjacent "safe" terrain, but neither myself nor my opponent had Wyverns. Instead, my lowly little Chainfighter ran up to one of those safe spaces, grabbed a Minion from height (slinging him to hot lava death) and smacked another Minion on height with the chain on the return swing. Yup one OM, one Chainfighter, two dead Minions. It was spectacular!

~Aldin, who had a great day scaping with some of the local crew

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old April 19th, 2010, 10:40 AM

RattyZ is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
Wow, I'm surprised to get in the first post here. Played an army with a couple of Chainfighters today and had an awesome moment to report. The map was designed to be Wyvern friendly, with three patches of molten lava that were level with adjacent "safe" terrain, but neither myself nor my opponent had Wyverns. Instead, my lowly little Chainfighter ran up to one of those safe spaces, grabbed a Minion from height (slinging him to hot lava death) and smacked another Minion on height with the chain on the return swing. Yup one OM, one Chainfighter, two dead Minions. It was spectacular!

~Aldin, who had a great day scaping with some of the local crew
That is quite the feat! I also have had amazing luck with the Chain fighters, though nothing quite like a double Minion kill. At 25 points they're some of my very favorite units. If you can field more than 1 they become supremely versatile and super annoying for players who rely too heavily on pods and cheerleaders.

I would gladly field 75 points worth of Chainfighters to grab and move an opponent's Raelin up to 12 spaces toward my start zone for 3 measily order markers (if she doesn't die from the attacks of 4).

Yes 12, see the example below, X being the drop zone behind the DChain.

--X
Old April 19th, 2010, 05:32 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

My problem with the Chainfighter is finding a map where the molten lava is at the same level as the hex on which he's standing. We tend to recess the molten lava (water too and even ice to some extent). On the other hand, I love yanking people around with him.
Old April 19th, 2010, 05:36 PM

hammerhead919 Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSparkleInYourWater View Post
You spelled Leadership wrong.
Old April 19th, 2010, 05:50 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

No, the Warden has a little somethin' goin' on with the Chainfighters on the side.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old April 19th, 2010, 06:09 PM

BurnyFlame has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammerhead919 View Post
Quote:
Welcome to the site, hammerhead919! We appreciate good grammar here, really! Keep up the good work.

Also, this may be an obvious answer, but the Chainfighter can not grab someone out of cyberclaw, right? However, they can grab the gladiatron instead, which also frees the figure.
Old April 19th, 2010, 06:33 PM

GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby!

What Aldin has described is really effective (minus the lava); engage an enemy, pull something more important than that enemy, then attack. If you're feeling really gutsy you can explode your Chainfighter after he pulls one target into another!

Looking for initiative switches after pulling a hero low can be scary as well.

In forest dark or glade beferned
No blade of grass shall go unturned
Let those who have the daylight spurned
Tread not where this green lamp has burned.
Old April 19th, 2010, 07:08 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnyFlame View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Welcome to the site, hammerhead919! We appreciate good grammar here, really! Keep up the good work.
Wow, first person I've seen whos first post is a spelling correction.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old April 26th, 2010, 05:13 PM

hammerhead919 Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scapemage921 View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnyFlame View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Wow, first person I've seen whos first post is a spelling correction.
That's what happens when you haven't foundanything to say yet. But never fear, that's just about to change...

(Love that smiley by the way... hehehehehe)

Last edited by hammerhead919; April 26th, 2010 at 05:14 PM. Reason: Funny that it hasn't been changed yet. =/
Old April 26th, 2010, 05:29 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

I fixed it.

An item of note, even if it is slight:

The chainfighter does not have to attack the figure it moved. In fact, he doesn't have to attack at all. Running up to a reaver and pulling it off a glyph but then not attacking the reaver can be a useful tactic to 1.) get a reaver off a glyph and 2.) force the opponent to put more markers on the reavers.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old April 27th, 2010, 04:06 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
I fixed it.

An item of note, even if it is slight:

The chainfighter does not have to attack the figure it moved. In fact, he doesn't have to attack at all. Running up to a reaver and pulling it off a glyph but then not attacking the reaver can be a useful tactic to 1.) get a reaver off a glyph and 2.) force the opponent to put more markers on the reavers.
Cool out of the box thinking.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units