Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old May 12th, 2010, 01:34 AM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth
Re: Green Lantern - Kyle Rayner - Design Phase

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
How is this for a re-write of Summon Rechets of Bogdan?

GREEN CONSTRUCT CREATION
After taking a turn with Green Lantern, you may use Green Construct Creation. Place any one Green Construct you have in your army on an empty space or spaces within 6 clear sight spaces of Green Lantern. When a Green Construct is created you may immediately take a turn with it. After using Green Construct Creation to place a Green Construct, remove one green Marker from this card.

If we go this route, I would like to also create a Green Construct card along with it, to make sure that a) they work well together and b) that Kyle is costed correctly.
I can get behind this. The only question would be when do you stop making Green Construct cards?

Cheers
Do you mean creating Green Constructs or do you mean literally when do I stop making them?

If its the former, you can either make what you have in your army, or until you run out of Green Power Markers, whichever comes first. The latter, I would only make one now, with others possibly to be made by myself or others later, IMO.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old May 12th, 2010, 01:35 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Would the construct cards be draftable and assigned point costs? If so, then I favor him being able to simply create them one at a time at no battery marker cost. Maybe sacrificing an attack to do so?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 12th, 2010, 01:37 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'd like to see us make two or three now to see the variety involved - and to get a better feel for his true value with them.
So, probably three of them.
But, yeah, after that, they could be done as add ons if people wanted them later, and would just need to be tested alongside Kyle.
I'd be OK with them being done as part of this initial design without requiring any additional design threads.
And if this works well, we might put variations of the construct creation power on other GL cards later (not John or Guy, but some of the alien ones, maybe).

Old May 12th, 2010, 08:19 AM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

I think if we go this route, it would have to use a battery marker to create one. Otherwise it wouldn't be thematic and it would have the potential to get overpowered.
Old May 12th, 2010, 08:38 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Just another thought.

How does this route take care of the LOS targeting issue raised earlier?

Cheers
Old May 12th, 2010, 09:59 AM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun

Seems a whole lot simpler to put the marker on the map, make the attack and then remove the marker. I don't see any problem with that.
Old May 12th, 2010, 11:21 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitestuff View Post
Seems a whole lot simpler to put the marker on the map, make the attack and then remove the marker. I don't see any problem with that.
I think they want to come up with different "contsruct" cards so that they can work differently. So in effect, Kyle or any other GL that could do this would have different special powers available depending on which "construct" card they draft with the GL. At least that's what I'm guessing at.

Otherwise, I'd say to just put the marker on the space that GL occupies and move him to the spot that the construct would be so that you can us his figure to determine line of sight. After the attack/s you would replace GL on his original space and remove the marker from the game. That would take care of LOS determining for the construct, at least to me it would.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old May 12th, 2010, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyOwl View Post
I think if we go this route, it would have to use a battery marker to create one. Otherwise it wouldn't be thematic and it would have the potential to get overpowered.
If the constructs are done as draftable cards with point values on them, it wouldn't be overpowered at all. In fact, I'd argue, it would absolutely stink to have to burn a Marker just to get another piece of your army on the battlefield.
And I don't buy the thematic thing either - we're not requiring any GL burn a Marker to attack, yet they're always using the ring to do so. This is how Kyle attacks with his ring - he builds giant avatars or constructs and fights through them. It shouldn't particularly burn any more energy than a blast from Hal, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Just another thought.

How does this route take care of the LOS targeting issue raised earlier?

Cheers
It would require actual green figures that would be associated with the construct card and targeting would be done from those figures in normal fashion. You can't really draw LOS from a marker, but you can do it from a green knight, or whatever. (Actually, an official Phantom Knight figure would make a great Construct, come to think of it!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitestuff View Post
I think they want to come up with different "contsruct" cards so that they can work differently. So in effect, Kyle or any other GL that could do this would have different special powers available depending on which "construct" card they draft with the GL. At least that's what I'm guessing at.
Simpler, yes, but more fun? Not sure. Also, I think people were already starting to raise issues with the marker thing dealing with LOS. So why not go a bit more ambitious here if it's easy enough to do (and I think it will be).
Hahma's done a pretty good job of explaining what a few of us were thinking with this one.
I'm really growing less and less enchanted with the marker version and all that would have to be done to clear up LOS issues.
And, besides, how fun would it be for Kyle to summon a variety of green figures to fight under his control? As long as each was appropriately costed it would be really no different than Iskra and the Rechets, but potentially a lot of fun!

Old May 12th, 2010, 12:58 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
GREEN CONSTRUCT SPECIAL ATTACK
RANGE SPECIAL, ATTACK 6
Choose a green Battery Marker from this card and place it on the battlefield within 5 clear sight spaces of Green Lantern. After the chosen Marker is placed, you may make two attacks against any figure within 4 spaces of the Marker. When Green Lantern attacks with his Green Construct Special Attack, he may target one figure for both attacks or attack two targets one time each. After using Green Construct Special Attack, remove the chosen Marker from the game.
Sorry Spidey, but I am just not lovin this at all. Perhaps you could explain to me exactly what the difference is between what you have and this:

RANGE 9. ATTACK 6.
Remove a Power Battery Marker from this card and then attack with this special attack. After attacking with this special attack, you may attack one additional time. Green Lantern may attack a figure with this special attack while he is engaged to another figure and he does not need clear line of sight.

I just think that this power is a boring double special attack.... whatever happened to creating some real constructs? I don't like this direction at all....
Old May 12th, 2010, 12:59 PM

Read the rest of the thread, Griff. We're discussing that direction now.

Old May 12th, 2010, 01:04 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Read the rest of the thread, Griff. We're discussing that direction now.
I think that I will continue to badger the **** out of you guys until the front page is changed.
Old May 12th, 2010, 01:13 PM

Well, you know how I do love a badger ...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library