Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old April 25th, 2018, 03:14 PM

The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby!
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Cool unit, @kolakoski ! This current iteration is the best yet. Is there a reason you decided to change his species and keep him from bonding with Greenscale Warriors? I thought it was nifty how versatile he could be as a bonding option for both them and the Nottingham Brigands. He's very squishy with only 3 defense and 4 life, so I'd personally want him to have Hide in Darkness over Disengage, just to give him more survivability (or a screen of bonding Greenies). I don't know either way if 100 is the right level of points or not (the 100 point slot is really, really varied), so extensive testing here would be needed (obviously).

Also nifty that you selected a to-be-released figure, so that'll improve the availability.

One minor thing for me personally, I don't care for his name - the python from The Jungle Book already has claim on reptiles being named Kha (though I suppose it's spelled Kaa in that case)!

Keep up the good work!
Old April 25th, 2018, 03:31 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

This iteration of Kha is clean and solid. A decent package overall, though lacking in survivability for the points, and doesn't really have the offensive output to compensate. Could probably be cheaper, even as low as 70pts.

I highly recommend swapping out Vial Weapons for Poison Weapons. Three reasons: 1) It's always better to reuse an existing power if possible, as it makes it easier for people to understand and play with and against the unit. 2) The design would benefit from a d20 power for Elaria synergy. 3) It would help the offensive power level, so it would be easier to cut down the point value to match his survivability.
Old April 25th, 2018, 05:34 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
This iteration of Kha is clean and solid. A decent package overall, though lacking in survivability for the points, and doesn't really have the offensive output to compensate. Could probably be cheaper, even as low as 70pts.

I highly recommend swapping out Vial Weapons for Poison Weapons. Three reasons: 1) It's always better to reuse an existing power if possible, as it makes it easier for people to understand and play with and against the unit. 2) The design would benefit from a d20 power for Elaria synergy. 3) It would help the offensive power level, so it would be easier to cut down the point value to match his survivability.

Calling Dr.Goomonkey! Totally taking Scytale's advice, and pricing Kha at 75 points.

Last edited by kolakoski; April 25th, 2018 at 06:18 PM.
Old April 25th, 2018, 11:52 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post

Well met!

Quote:

Calling Dr.Goomonkey! Totally taking Scytale's advice, and pricing Kha at 75 points.

Wise choice. Scytale's suggestions are always worth careful consideration.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old April 26th, 2018, 12:18 PM

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Quote:

Quote:

Wise choice. Scytale's suggestions are always worth careful consideration.

Old April 27th, 2018, 11:49 AM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:

I like how he's looking. I have a mild preference for changing "Bolt and Blade" to "Double Assault" since that's a pre-existing power with the same text (though it should include Destructible Objects). I like the name "Bolt and Blade," but since there's already a power for this I'd rather go with precedent.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old April 27th, 2018, 12:00 PM

The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post

I like how he's looking. I have a mild preference for changing "Bolt and Blade" to "Double Assault" since that's a pre-existing power with the same text (though it should include Destructible Objects). I like the name "Bolt and Blade," but since there's already a power for this I'd rather go with precedent.
Whoa, good catch, Bigga!

Huh. An SoV/C3V figure with purely reused abilities, it's been awhile since we've seen one of those!
Old April 27th, 2018, 12:14 PM

Well met!

Quote:
Quote:

What unit has Double Assault?
Old April 27th, 2018, 12:16 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Ever Scarcarver from D3

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old April 27th, 2018, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Evar Scarcarver.

Edit: Ninja'd! That's what I get for trying to answer questions not directed at me.
Old April 27th, 2018, 05:59 PM

Well met!

Quote:
Quote:
Ever Scarcarver from D3

Sent PM to Dr.Goomonkey!

Old April 28th, 2018, 07:29 PM

Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby!

You like this cyclops:

Last edited by Heroscaper 101; April 29th, 2018 at 12:13 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards