Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old April 25th, 2009, 04:19 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Re: Heroscape is for geeks and nerds!

Gawd people, geeks and nerds are two entirely different things!

HeroScape is for GEEKS! GEEKS! Geeks are the ones that play with little figures and are religious Pokemon fanboys and enjoy Star Trek until their untimely deaths due to an overstimulating quest in World of Warcraft!

Nerds are the ones that redefine physics and do math homework for fun! They're the smarty-pants guys that like thinking! They have super expensive calculators and read Steven Hawkings' stuff in their spare time!

DIFFERENT THINGS!

Of course, there's quite a bit of overlap. But not every geek is necessarily smart, and not every nerd necessarily enjoys geeky things. Y'know?
Old April 25th, 2009, 06:13 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Preach it, brotha johnny139.
Old April 25th, 2009, 06:54 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post

HeroScape is for GEEKS! GEEKS! Geeks are the ones that play with little figures and are religious Pokemon fanboys and enjoy Star Trek until their untimely deaths due to an overstimulating quest in World of Warcraft!

Nerds are the ones that redefine physics and do math homework for fun! They're the smarty-pants guys that like thinking! They have super expensive calculators and read Steven Hawkings' stuff in their spare time!

DIFFERENT THINGS!

Of course, there's quite a bit of overlap. But not every geek is necessarily smart, and not every nerd necessarily enjoys geeky things. Y'know?

Hehehe....I love WoW jokes....

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old April 25th, 2009, 08:36 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Quote:
I'm confused. I don't like Pokemon, and I refuse to play World of Warcraft.

I really like that the guys saying it are reading comic books. The irony is delicious.
Old April 25th, 2009, 09:07 PM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

Soounds like it hit home a little bit. Really, though, what does it matter if some Spiderman fanboys talked crap to you...it rates up there with a flea on a dog's sack, to me.

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old April 25th, 2009, 09:54 PM
The Chronicler

Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Perhaps I can live up to my title in another way, here...

One of the trappings of growing older, I suppose, is a propensity to reflect on times gone by and how the world has changed around you...

I remember (at the risk of dating myself) when I was middle school and the original NES hit store shelves. I was really excited because I knew my parents would get me one for Christmas and I decided to make it the subject of a short essay we were supposed to write for English class.

Well let me tell you, I didn't hear the end of that until I graduated high school and never saw any of my classmates again. From the day we recited our essays in class onward, I gained the reputation as the video-game playing nerd of my grade. It was something I was made to feel bad about time and again from others who did not share my interests.

Of course, that was some time ago, and video games were not the only "counter-cultural" aspect of society that elicited ridicule. Reading comic books, playing collectable card games, being a fan of Star Wars, watching anime... all of these activities were considered nerdy, and being called nerdy was not a complement.

But the world marched on from those dark days, and things began to change. People who were fans of computers and comics and cards started to do something new... they took a step toward a frontier that, to them, was new and strange... though it was a step that many ridiculed or otherwise downtrodden people around the world had taken many times before.

They took a word that was hurled at them in insult and made it their own. They wore the word 'nerd' like a badge of courage. They proudly proclaimed themselves the nerds of the world and defined for themselves what that word meant.

A nerd was someone who had the curiosity to seek new challenges for his imagination and intellect. A nerd was someone who had the courage to envision a new age of storytelling and entertainment. A nerd was someone who had the vision to see beyond the trappings of normal society and chart new courses for science and technology. Nerds were becoming the authors of modern society.

The nerds of the world grew up, slowly and surely, bringing with them all of their passions. They became part of billion-dollar entertainment industries that bring us things like modern cinema and massively multiplayer video games. They filled the halls of academia and pioneered the scientific research that will see mankind into his next age of understanding. They created cyberspace and fathered world-changing companies such as Google and Microsoft. They went to work for the government and charted mankind's next steps into the frontier of our solar system. Most recently, a nerd who grew up reading Spider Man became president of the United States.

Because, I suppose, life has a way of bringing us full-circle, I am now a teacher in Middle School. I often have conversations with my students regarding what video games they enjoy and even find a way to work them into the curriculum of my science classroom. I would estimate that at least 80% of my students regularly play video games... a far cry from the 1% that I represented when I was in their shoes. We have become a nation of gamers. I do not predict that is a trend that will reverse itself.

Still, time and again I see a student teased for being a nerd. These are middle school students after all... and being cruel is part of their role in the world. On one occasion I did pull a girl aside, myself a bit overcome by the injustice of others ridiculing her for being an avid Lord of the Rings fan. I gave her the same advice that I will now offer to our younger patrons here on Heroscapers who feel their dignity challenged.

There are times when other people will look down on you for the things you are passionate about. But take heart... when all is said and done... and you finally join the ranks of the adults of our society, you will find that it is people like you who end up pushing mankind forward. The nerds are the ones that rule the world.

6 RoTV, 3 SotM, 3 RttFF, 3 FotA, 3 VW, 3 TT, 3 TJ.
At least 3 of every common, 1 of every unique.

Aeston's Maps
Before Heroscape: The History that Lead to our Game
Old April 25th, 2009, 10:09 PM

Poseidon's trident is surprisingly tart

I am obsessed with heroscape and I am not a nerd. I am a 13 year old boy and I play football and other things non-nerds do. If nerd is involved in liking heroscape I look at myself as nerdy as they come.

Twas' a bad day when I almost quit Heroscape.
Old April 25th, 2009, 10:10 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

*sniff*

That was beautiful, Aeston.

Last edited by Pumpkin_King; April 25th, 2009 at 10:11 PM. Reason: Darn quick reply.
Old April 25th, 2009, 10:28 PM

Sci-fi Messiah has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
...a grilled cheese (cut into triangles of course)...
With the crust cut off?

"Thought he, life is wicked in all meridians. I'll die a pagan."
Old April 25th, 2009, 10:43 PM
I'm my own grandpa

Dennys rolls all skulls baby! Dennys rolls all skulls baby! Dennys rolls all skulls baby! Dennys rolls all skulls baby!

OK, kid. Say what you gotta say.

Thanks. Uh... I just wanted to say that... that I'm a nerd. And I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds. I mean, all our games we've been laughed at and made to feel inferior.

And tonight those Warhammerers, they trashed our GAME.

Why?

Because we're smart? Because we play different? Well, we're not.
I'm a nerd, and... I'm pretty proud of it.

Hi, Sir Gilbert.

Hi, I'm a nerd, too. I just found that out tonight. We have news for the leet people. There's a lot more of us than there are of you. I know there's 'Scapers here tonight. When you went to Gaming Stores, you might have been called a spaz, or a dork, or a geek. Any of you that have ever felt... stepped on, left out, picked on, put down, whether you think you're a nerd or not, why don't you come and join us?

Come on. Just join us, cos, uh...
No one'ss really gonna be free until nerd persecution ends.

Nerd. Nerd. Nerd.
Nerd! Nerd! Nerd!
Nerd! Nerd! Nerd! Nerd!

<"We Are the Champions" starts to play>

GENERATION 27:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment
Old April 25th, 2009, 10:55 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Quote:

DIFFERENT THINGS!

I'm a dork. We get the best of both worlds.

We get to do geeky things, like play HS AND nerdy things like read Stephen Hawking but lack the motivation to excel at either. (We can spell Stephen Hawking's name right, too, without having to look it up )

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old April 25th, 2009, 10:56 PM

Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
You should have responded with...."Yes it is and comic books are for pediphiles and bed wetters"
Bravo sir, bravo - I needed a good laugh and that fit the bill.

My Maps
Upcoming M.A.R.S. (Mid-Atlantic Regional 'Scapers - PA/MD/NJ) Events Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion