Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old March 26th, 2008, 11:40 PM
The Chronicler

Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Aeston's Maps

A Bridge too Far
This map uses one RotV, one SotM, and one RttFF.

A critical moment in the war has arrived. For one Valkyrie general this bridge represents clear access for their supply line as they move into hostile territory. For the other general, this bridge is the only safe line of retreat from an area that is quickly falling to the enemy. Both armies have staked their future on this final causeway over a dangerous canyon... but which one has traveled... a bridge too far.

PDF Document
Virtualscape File

The Frozen Pass
This map uses one RotV and one TT.

Heavy Snow and Slippery Ice have set in over this lonely mountain road. Though the traveling conditions are dangerous, two Valkyrie Generals have each decided a surprise assault from the mountain highlands would catch their opponent off guard. What will happen when they meet amidst the icy crags?

The Broken Road
This map uses one SotM and two RttFF.

This land is an ancient one. It has witnessed countless ambitions from countless leaders. It has borne countless footsteps from countless armies. In ancient days a Valkyrie general built a wide road across this abiding bog, using it as an important supply line, but his bones and those of his followers have long ago descended to the bottom of the marsh. Now, as two new generals make their separate ways down this once great highway they are fated to meet where time has torn it asunder.

6 RoTV, 3 SotM, 3 RttFF, 3 FotA, 3 VW, 3 TT, 3 TJ.
At least 3 of every common, 1 of every unique.

Aeston's Maps
Before Heroscape: The History that Lead to our Game

Last edited by Aeston; March 8th, 2009 at 01:51 PM. Reason: New Map
Old March 26th, 2008, 11:59 PM

HokshilaTo Woo who?
I like this map (A Bridge Too Far), and plan on trying it out as soon as I am done with my current set up.

Last edited by HokshilaTo; April 24th, 2008 at 09:42 PM. Reason: clarity
Old March 27th, 2008, 08:42 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
We may need an extra map or two for Battle at the Border, I'd be very interested in seeing more of what you have to offer.

Boston Marathon 4/15/13 3:39:41
Last Race: Naragansett Running Festival 7/21/13 - Half Marathon - 1:50:01
Next Race: KeyBank Vermont Marathon 5/25/14
Old March 27th, 2008, 06:47 PM
The Silent Cartographer

GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Since tournament use is a consideration, I just wanted to point out that A Bridge Too Far can be built without SotM. The only change to the battlefield (other than substituted terrain types) is the use of 6 water hexes in each starting zone. You can decide whether that significantly alters gameplay (I haven't played either configuration). Here's what the 1 MS + 1 FF version looks like:

Old March 27th, 2008, 07:37 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Having played on this map I can say that I like it alot (even though I got spanked on it)...both myself and my opponent utilized both the high and the low routes simultaneously.

Old March 27th, 2008, 07:38 PM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
I like the map, it looks fun, and I will be making it as soon as my road to the forgotten forest sets come in the mail. The only problem that I see with it is that it might be too small.
Old March 27th, 2008, 07:42 PM
Forums Good I Has

J-Unit94 knows what's in an order marker J-Unit94 knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Einar's puppy
I like the map, it looks fun, and I will be making it as soon as my road to the forgotten forest sets come in the mail. The only problem that I see with it is that it might be too small.
I like small maps. There's a lot more fighting on them.

Old March 27th, 2008, 08:10 PM
The Chronicler

Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness Aeston wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameBear
Since tournament use is a consideration, I just wanted to point out that A Bridge Too Far can be built without SotM. The only change to the battlefield (other than substituted terrain types) is the use of 6 water hexes in each starting zone. You can decide whether that significantly alters gameplay (I haven't played either configuration). Here's what the 1 MS + 1 FF version looks like:
Thank you for the suggestion GameBear. I had tried a few options to lose the SotM set... both to conserve terrain or to add a different expansion (or another RttFF) to add more features to the map, but I hadn't thought of using water in the start zone to accomplish itů

My initial concern is that units on water spaces will partially deny the "quick start" out of the starting zone that this map is supposed to provide (a reason that the map is a small one)... but at the same time, you don't always have to start units in those spots, and there are some that would benefit from having access to the water.

You've given me a lot to think about.

Edit: GB, I think I'm missing something. I tried to build it without the SotM and I did not have enough land to follow your picture. Can you send me the VS file? I must be missing something.

Thanks.

6 RoTV, 3 SotM, 3 RttFF, 3 FotA, 3 VW, 3 TT, 3 TJ.
At least 3 of every common, 1 of every unique.

Aeston's Maps
Before Heroscape: The History that Lead to our Game
Old March 27th, 2008, 08:25 PM
I'm Heroscape's Birthbuddy

Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeston
My initial concern is that units on water spaces will partially deny the "quick start" out of the starting zone that this map is supposed to provide (a reason that the map is a small one)... but at the same time, you don't always have to start units in those spots, and there are some that would benefit from having access to the water.

You've given me a lot to think about.
I think that the water in the back of the starting zones actually incorporates another level of strategy into playing the map. Swarm armies already tend to dominate smaller maps and an army that would fill into the water spots would have to deal with a somewhat slower start and/or height disadvantage. It's a great little map as is, though. Nice work!
Old March 28th, 2008, 09:46 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Here is a pic of the map in action....Eckels vs ILikePi

Old March 30th, 2008, 08:54 AM

Slaader is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Aeston you should link pics from our Heroscape day matches....we don't have files for them...but just to show people the madness.
Old March 30th, 2008, 08:59 AM
Ug, a gray man

Eckels knows what's in an order marker Eckels knows what's in an order marker
HEY ITS ME IN THAT THAR PICTURE BOX! HYUK!

Aeston, I'm going to add this map to the Heroscape Map Database. If you would rather it not be there, please PM me.
http://www.jeckels.net/zc/index.php

Good Traders: Just_a_Bill, Wind Lane, Steiner, Hilo-scaper, tdavid6
My Latest Maps

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios