Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
AotV Customs A place for Arena of the Valkyrie Customs

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 28th, 2021, 09:09 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Re: [Pod 0] Honored Soul-Guides (Lantern Geists) - Playtesti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
I'm a bit wary of a heavy redesign, but I wouldn't mind streamlining the power at all. I hate the negation language in the power and would definitely like to see it removed, especially given how rare negation is already and that including that phrase would require us to explain it in our rulebook. @NecroBlade 's suggestion of making the power once per game could be an opportunity to replace the negation clause.

Personally, I don't mind that the Guides don't take an active role in leading the hero--if anything, I think that the core fantasy of this unit is serviced well by placing the focus squarely on the revived hero rather than themselves. It's okay for them to mostly highlight what makes another unit cool given that that's likely why they'll be drafted anyway.
I'm not sure how much you would consider @Captain Stupendous and my idea a "heavy" redesign. It does, however, involve becoming once-per-game and losing the negation clause.

Focus on the Hero is great and should be part of this power. But my concern is with any power that basically just exists without the unit itself having to do anything. Sort of like how a blanket OM hub would be a terrible idea.

That said, given the lukewarm feelings about the current version and that it's largely a series of patches to try to get it to do what we intended, I propose we move back to design and pursue a slightly different angle.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs