Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old May 7th, 2017, 09:25 PM
Never Forgets

laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Public Design Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by L0B5T3R View Post
Anyone got any wording advise for Irrational World? It doesn't seem to give clear enough directions. It's simply supposed to mean take you turns backwards starting with Order Marker 3.
Madcap
Spoiler Alert!
Wording wise, this is probably what you're looking for.

Quote:
IRRATIONAL WORLD
Before rolling for initiative, you may reveal an “X” Order Marker on this card to use Irrational World. If your opponent rolled a 10 or lower, whenever any player would reveal a numbered Order Marker on an Army Card they control, if that player controls one or more figures within 3 clear sight spaces of Madcap, they must reveal their highest numbered Order Marker and take a turn with that Army Card.
Personally, I'd go with this though. In a three-or-more player game, this wording will keep you from having to keep track of who rolled what for initiative, and from what I've read of in the comics, he only has to look you in the eyes to make you go crazy. I'd just stick with the "within 3 clear sight spaces restriction, and leave it at that. It shouldn't be that big of a deal. I'd also go with "on the Army Card of a figure within 3 clear sight spaces of Madcap" so that it better represents the theme of him looking a figure in the eyes and making them go crazy. The way you have it, if Spider-Man is near Madcap, Captain America and the Avengers across the board go crazy as well, which might make sense if they had a telepathic link, but Madcap requires eye contact.

Quote:
IRRATIONAL WORLD
Before rolling for initiative, you may reveal an “X” Order Marker on this card to use Irrational World. Whenever any player would reveal a numbered Order Marker on the Army Card of a figure within 3 clear sight spaces of Madcap, they must reveal their highest numbered Order Marker and take a turn with that Army Card instead.

life's short, why not make an impact on the world? make some peoples lives better, have a few good laughs, and then when it's all over go out with BANG!
Old May 7th, 2017, 09:55 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Eh, the way Lob's original wording works is vastly smoother mechanically than either of those suggestions. If there's going to be an effect like this, it needs to be an all-or-nothing set at the beginning of the round deal (like Lob's), not something that's flickering on and off.

Though no matter how you slice it, this whole power just seems like a lot of rules wonkyness for... nothing what-so-ever. It doesn't really represent his powers very well in the first place (if anything, it feels like a time distortion power), and against most armies it's going to be irrelevant 90% of the time. To be blunt, I think scrapping it entirely is the only medicine to cure what ails this power.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old May 7th, 2017, 09:58 PM
Never Forgets

laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby!

I didn't want to say anything, but it did remind me of a certain magical, time distorting power from the Danger Room Not saying Lobster stole it, he wouldn't even have access to it.

life's short, why not make an impact on the world? make some peoples lives better, have a few good laughs, and then when it's all over go out with BANG!
Old May 7th, 2017, 10:15 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Honestly, I don't know what power you're talking about LM (don't bother linking anything, I'll find it myself), but I guess that sort of proves my point. If multiple people see that mechanic as a 'time' thing, then it really doesn't work as a 'crazy' thing. Maybe on more of a 'Crazy Revolution Leader' character it would fit if it was on a more global scale... but as it stands the power just doesn't seem worth the effort game impact wise or all that thematic to Madcap. Like if I didn't know who Madcap was, I'd assume from the current power that he could literally make the planet/time/whatever go insane within a certain radius or something.

Edit- Thinking it over a bit, I think it might work better if it was a global thing here too. Then it could represent more of a 'Madcap's done screwed everything up so bad everyone in total disarray' thing, instead of... whatever is happening at the moment. Still doesn't need all the X marker and weird initiative bits though. Hmm, here's a stab at something:

--

Before initiative, you must roll a 20-sided die. Add 1 to your roll for each insane figure on the battlefield. On a (some number), all players must reveal Order Markers in reverse order this round. (we can just use whatever 'official' language the reverse OM thing LM was talking about gets here)

--

Basically, the more people on the crazy train the more likely everything gets derailed. Still keeps some ties to the crazy-eyes bit, as they can help him reach his 'crazy quota' and all, but doesn't try to directly tie into them like the 'some people are crazy, so they go in reverse'... or whatever was supposed to be happening before... thing. I like having a 'must' here since Madcap is a wack job, he shouldn't just do what you want him to with no risk involved. IDK, feels more thematic this way and it might actually matter enough times to be worth the wonkyness compared to the original version's borderline uselessness.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store

Last edited by Soundwarp SG-1; May 7th, 2017 at 10:47 PM.
Old May 8th, 2017, 08:05 AM
Self-Destructive Shellfish

L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by laughing matter View Post
I didn't want to say anything, but it did remind me of a certain magical, time distorting power from the Danger Room Not saying Lobster stole it, he wouldn't even have access to it.
I wonder if that's what Tornado meant when he said
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Irrational World is downright magical.
There is a precedent for a mechanic like that but not a special power.
I didn't know anything like that was in the works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
Before initiative, you must roll a 20-sided die. Add 1 to your roll for each insane figure on the battlefield. On a (some number), all players must reveal Order Markers in reverse order this round. (we can just use whatever 'official' language the reverse OM thing LM was talking about gets here)
This is.... AWESOME. A much better take on what I was trying to accomplish! I almost feel bad for trying to use this special now. It seems like a blast IMO. If you wanna save this one for a design @Soundwarp SG-1 I won't mind at all.

As for the usefulness of the ability, in a Team Deathmatch yea, I could see it not having too big an effect. I play almost exclusivly objective based games however and it could be a killer against teams without an OM hub like Prof. X or Mr. Fantastic.
Regardless I very much appreciate the feedback guys!
Old May 8th, 2017, 08:56 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:
I guess you'll have to wait and see. Tornado likes to tease...but then again sometimes he just likes to say random things to keep us all confused. Whether he does that intentionally or he's just confused himself...well the other Heroes are still trying to figure that out ourselves.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old May 8th, 2017, 04:01 PM

L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
Quote:
I guess you'll have to wait and see. Tornado likes to tease...but then again sometimes he just likes to say random things to keep us all confused. Whether he does that intentionally or he's just confused himself...well the other Heroes are still trying to figure that out ourselves.
Is this something in the Danger Room or in a Sanctum?
Old May 8th, 2017, 04:10 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I think it is all just in Tornado's head.
Old May 8th, 2017, 04:37 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I think it is all just in Tornado's head.
See I was trying to be humorous and subtle but YK just comes straight out and tells you the T-Spiney is nuts...

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old May 8th, 2017, 04:55 PM

Laughing Matter to then huh?
Old May 8th, 2017, 04:56 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Madness is contagious.
Old May 8th, 2017, 04:58 PM

It's due to an Irrational World.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy