Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old November 10th, 2014, 11:01 PM
Titleless

Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby!
Re: NEW!!! Uncharted Fires - 11/10/14 - HS2010'S Map Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
A new map, asymmetrical! All three of my HoSS games have came down to one life.

Uncharted Fires
1 BftU, 1 VW

EDIT: Forgot to mention it is Zelrig susceptible.
I wouldn't worry all too much about Big-Z when making maps. The most important thing is not that he can't hit the SZ on the first turn (rather, that he can't hit too much of it), but that if he is able to land and target a good chunk of figures, that he's left in a vulnerable/undersireable position, i.e., in a ditch, on lava field, etc.

One thing I notice immediately when I look at the map is the lava on both flanks of the SZ to the left in the picture. This is a problem because for most units, it will severely limit mobility out of the start zone. This is less of an issue if it is a middle path like in the right SZ, which I like, because it forces the player to decide earlier which way they'll move. Lava's tricky, though, because if you change your mind you'll pay with your indecesiveness with death, not a wasted move jumping into the water. I'd shorten the streams to maybe 3 hexes in the middle on both sides, if possible, or maybe even two with a level 0 shadow at the end. The lava on the bottom side of the left SZ is essentially wasted in it's current position, as their absence would cause no change in play (except for maybe fire elementals).

Overall, the map looks nice and mostly balanced, though a treasure glyph opposite the wound glyph towards the bottom of the map would do it some good .
Old November 11th, 2014, 04:58 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!
Re: NEW!!! Uncharted Fires - 11/10/14 - HS2010'S Map Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Charos View Post
Quote:
A new map, asymmetrical! All three of my HoSS games have came down to one life.

Uncharted Fires
1 BftU, 1 VW

EDIT: Forgot to mention it is Zelrig susceptible.
I wouldn't worry all too much about Big-Z when making maps. The most important thing is not that he can't hit the SZ on the first turn (rather, that he can't hit too much of it), but that if he is able to land and target a good chunk of figures, that he's left in a vulnerable/undersireable position, i.e., in a ditch, on lava field, etc.

One thing I notice immediately when I look at the map is the lava on both flanks of the SZ to the left in the picture. This is a problem because for most units, it will severely limit mobility out of the start zone. This is less of an issue if it is a middle path like in the right SZ, which I like, because it forces the player to decide earlier which way they'll move. Lava's tricky, though, because if you change your mind you'll pay with your indecesiveness with death, not a wasted move jumping into the water. I'd shorten the streams to maybe 3 hexes in the middle on both sides, if possible, or maybe even two with a level 0 shadow at the end. The lava on the bottom side of the left SZ is essentially wasted in it's current position, as their absence would cause no change in play (except for maybe fire elementals).

Overall, the map looks nice and mostly balanced, though a treasure glyph opposite the wound glyph towards the bottom of the map would do it some good .
Thanks, B_C! I'll see what I can do to work those things in later!
Old November 11th, 2014, 05:50 PM

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!
Re: NEW!!! Uncharted Fires - 9/6/14 - HS2010'S Map Thread

How about this @Black_Charos ?

Uncharted Fires.pdf
Requires 1 BftU, 1 VW
Old November 11th, 2014, 06:12 PM
Titleless

Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
How about this @Black_Charos ?

Attachment 10
Requires 1 BftU, 1 VW
Looks good!
Old November 28th, 2014, 07:29 PM

Made a slight edit to The Hotways or the Highways:

The Hotways or the Highways 3.1
Requires: 1 BftU, 2 VW, 1 FotA

Moved one of the shadows adjacent to each glyph and replaced the previously occupied spots with lava. This all 4, 5, 6, and 7 move figure (no flying) to get to the glyph in two turns. The only 8 move figure that could land on the glyph (meaning single-spaced) is Cyprien so he can fly there or run there.

It's a minor change but it makes the glyphs so much more accessible for 4 and 5 move figures. It does however, make 4 move figures get to the right glyph faster (two moves) than to the left glyph (3 moves), but considering the 2nd move ends at height next to the glyph, I don't have an big problem with this.

The online version has been updated.

Last edited by Sheep; November 21st, 2016 at 08:16 PM.
Old December 5th, 2014, 07:21 PM

NEW!!! A Thief's Vault - 12/5/14 - HS2010'S Map Thread

A new map here! My first legit attempt at a 1 BftU only map. I think it ended up pretty good. Like most BftU only maps, it suffers when "map-cloggers" are played, though. Anyways, it uses Wannok and 2 T-glyphs... It's A Thief's Vault!!!

A Thief's Vault
Requires: 1 BftU

Enjoy!
Old December 6th, 2014, 01:15 AM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: NEW!!! A Thief's Vault - 12/5/14 - HS2010'S Map Thread

I would make it shorter and wider; keeping it at a similar length to normal tournament maps just isn't really that viable when it means you make it so thin that two figures can cover the entire width, IMO. There's plenty of material to make a reasonably wide and interesting middle, as can be seen in @Typhon2222 's 1x BftU maps.

Last edited by awesomeunleashed; December 6th, 2014 at 01:15 AM. Reason: Also, you didn't share the file :p
Old December 6th, 2014, 01:23 AM

Re: NEW!!! A Thief's Vault - 12/5/14 - HS2010'S Map Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomeunleashed View Post
I would make it shorter and wider; keeping it at a similar length to normal tournament maps just isn't really that viable when it means you make it so thin that two figures can cover the entire width, IMO. There's plenty of material to make a reasonably wide and interesting middle, as can be seen in @Typhon2222 's 1x BftU maps.
File shared.

And I'll see what I can do! Thanks!
Old November 18th, 2016, 08:43 PM

HS2010's Map Thread - Give me suggestions!!! - 11/18/16

I am wanting to build some maps, but more often than not it's easier just to get the .pdf to another map from someone and make it. I've thought of some maps but the combinations of terrain I want to use already have a lot of maps built with that terrain... I want some HeroScapers suggestions on what combinations of terrain I should use! Maybe even the type of map it should be!!! My available terrain is:

2 RotV
2 SotM
2 BftU
1 Marvel

2 RttFF
3 VW
2 TT
1 FotA

I'd like to build maps that fit into the BoV's requirements, but I would also build 3-4 player maps if someone wanted me to.

Interested to see what combinations you all come up with! Thanks!
Old November 18th, 2016, 10:43 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Re: HS2010's Map Thread - Give me suggestions!!! - 11/18/16

I like the combination of 1xBftU, 1xMarvel, and 1xRttFF.

It's different, but enough terrain to have a decently sized map.
Old November 19th, 2016, 10:00 PM

Dragoon Woo who?

How about Just the hexes and crytoliths of Shadows over innstrad, with Rttff x2, and SotM? I think that could make for an interesting map.
Old November 19th, 2016, 11:37 PM
Titleless

3 vw + 2 tt

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios