Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old July 24th, 2010, 02:07 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth
The Book of Gorilla Grodd

The Book of Gorilla Grodd

C3G DC WAVE 5
WORLD'S VILEST

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Arkham Asylum set.
Its model number and name are #010 / Gorilla Grodd or #104 / Grodd.
Character Bio - Gorilla Grodd is a hyper-intelligent telepathic gorilla with the power to control the minds of others. At one time he was nothing more than an average ape, but after an alien spacecraft (retconned from a radioactive meteor, the same one that empowered Hector Hammond) crashes in his African home, Grodd and his troupe are imbued with super-intelligence by the ship's pilot. Grodd and fellow gorilla Solovar also develop telepathic and telekinetic powers. Taking the alien as their leader, the gorillas construct a super advanced home named Gorilla City. The gorillas live in peace until their home is discovered by prying explorers. Grodd forces one of the explorers to kill the alien, and takes over Gorilla City, planning to conquer the world next.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

ImmunitiesBenefitsWeaknesses_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Last edited by Splash; August 5th, 2022 at 05:50 PM. Reason: png
Old July 24th, 2010, 11:13 AM

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth
Re: Gorilla Grodd - Design Phase

NAME = GORILLA GRODD

SPECIES = SIMIAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = TELEPATH
PERSONALITY = DEVIOUS

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 225

PSYCHOKINETIC DEFENSE
When rolling defense dice against a figure that does not have the Mental Shield special power, Gorilla Grodd always adds one automatic shield to whatever is rolled.

COGNIZANT CONTROL 16
After revealing an Order Marker on this card and taking a turn with Gorilla Grodd, you may choose any Unique Hero figure in clear sight of Gorilla Grodd. Roll the 20-sided die. Add one to your roll for each Wound Marker on this card. If you roll 16 or higher, take temporary control of that hero and immediately take a turn with the chosen Hero. At the end of the turn, control of the chosen Hero returns to the player who controlled the Hero before the Cognizant Control. All Order Markers that were on the chosen Hero's card will stay on the card.

SUPER STRENGTH

Original Post:
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by SirGalahad; April 27th, 2014 at 12:49 AM.
Old July 24th, 2010, 12:34 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Two official powers makes me go kind of "meh" but as far as official powers go, they are good choices.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 24th, 2010, 06:46 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

For his size, he should be size 5. I put him against 5 levels of terrain and he's in the middle. I also compared his mini with Darkseid, Grundy and Doomsday and they are all taller.

The stats look good, but should he have a move of 6, being a gorilla and all I figured he could be a little quicker, and it would help him climb terrain better like a gorilla could. It would be a subtle way of letting him climb better without a specific climb or leap type power.

As for the powers, I guess without getting overly complicated, they seem to work as he should have a Mind Exchange power and be physically Tough.

The one thing I might suggest for what it's worth, would to maybe allow Tough to work against all attacks. This would set him apart slightly considering they are official powers and it would allow him to be "tougher" vs. Telepath special attacks that he could be and maybe help show his Genius Intellect in maybe anticipating special attacks and reacting accordingly. I don't know, it's all I can come up with at the moment.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old July 24th, 2010, 06:57 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Super Tough? lol

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 24th, 2010, 07:30 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Super Tough? lol
or Tougher

Old July 24th, 2010, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
For his size, he should be size 5. I put him against 5 levels of terrain and he's in the middle. I also compared his mini with Darkseid, Grundy and Doomsday and they are all taller.

The stats look good, but should he have a move of 6, being a gorilla and all I figured he could be a little quicker, and it would help him climb terrain better like a gorilla could. It would be a subtle way of letting him climb better without a specific climb or leap type power.

As for the powers, I guess without getting overly complicated, they seem to work as he should have a Mind Exchange power and be physically Tough.

The one thing I might suggest for what it's worth, would to maybe allow Tough to work against all attacks. This would set him apart slightly considering they are official powers and it would allow him to be "tougher" vs. Telepath special attacks that he could be and maybe help show his Genius Intellect in maybe anticipating special attacks and reacting accordingly. I don't know, it's all I can come up with at the moment.
First thanx, I'll update it.

Second I thought that also & then I thought of all the times I had seen him & he never actually travelled distances fast, he was always a deliberate character, but like Kingpin was very agile & fast in melee. That's why I thought 5 felt right. I was actually thinking of another power that allowed him to move an extra 2 spaces if during his movement passed adjacent a tree, or 1 extra space for every tree he passed. But I decided that 2 powers was enough for him so I didn't bother working on the wording for it. So if others think his move should be upped to 6, please say so.

Thirdly, again I actually thought that also, but thought everybody would hate that move away from a traditional power. So what do others think about making GG's Tough work with all attacks?

Cheers
Old July 24th, 2010, 07:39 PM

I kind of agree with his being deliberate and thus the move of 5.
I like Tough working against all attacks.

Old July 24th, 2010, 07:46 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I kind of agree with his being deliberate and thus the move of 5.
I like Tough working against all attacks.
This

Old July 24th, 2010, 07:57 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

This card is a tad boring IMO. I do understand your decision that my write up would be too singled noted and not make him very interesting or draftable, and I do agree with it, partially.

I would like his defense to go up to 6 and Tough go away for good. The only reason your mind even went to that power was because of the official Gorilanators, and to me, that is not only boring, but unnecessary to model our card after theirs simply because they are both primates. I think with tough gone, you could easily add my power on here as a sweet end gamer that could really swing things around for your wounded and dying Grodd.

CONSCIOUSNESS TRANSFER
Instead of taking a turn with Gorilla Grodd, you may choose any Unique Hero figure within 4 clear sight spaces of Gorilla Grodd. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 16 or higher, you may take control of the chosen figure and that figure's card. You now control that card and all figures on it. Remove all Order Markers on that card and this one. Give this card to the player that controlled the chosen figure before the Consciousness Transfer. That opponent now controls Gorilla Grodd, but they may not use any special powers on this card.
Old July 24th, 2010, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
This card is a tad boring IMO. I do understand your decision that my write up would be too singled noted and not make him very interesting or draftable, and I do agree with it, partially.
I can see why you would say that, but honestly do all the cards we design have to have new fandangled powers. I think the cards we put out should be appropriate to the character, regardless of whether it makes use of new unique powers or all official powers.

Quote:
I would like his defense to go up to 6 and Tough go away for good. The only reason your mind even went to that power was because of the official Gorilanators, and to me, that is not only boring, but unnecessary to model our card after theirs simply because they are both primates. I think with tough gone, you could easily add my power on here as a sweet end gamer that could really swing things around for your wounded and dying Grodd.
If others agree sure I just think it makes it interesting to have over just a plain defense value.

Quote:
CONSCIOUSNESS TRANSFER
Instead of taking a turn with Gorilla Grodd, you may choose any Unique Hero figure within 4 clear sight spaces of Gorilla Grodd. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 16 or higher, you may take control of the chosen figure and that figure's card. You now control that card and all figures on it. Remove all Order Markers on that card and this one. Give this card to the player that controlled the chosen figure before the Consciousness Transfer. That opponent now controls Gorilla Grodd, but they may not use any special powers on this card.
As I said in my design notes, in theory it's an interesting power but in game play to me it would be just boring. You draft GG just so you can steal your opponents big hero. Why not just draft that hero yourself?

Cheers
Old July 24th, 2010, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
As I said in my design notes, in theory it's an interesting power but in game play to me it would be just boring. You draft GG just so you can steal your opponents big hero. Why not just draft that hero yourself?

Cheers
I think I understand where you're coming from here, but couldn't you say the same thing about Ne-Gok-Sa and Mindshackle? (Though, maybe you're not a fan of that design?).

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library