Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Old July 13th, 2010, 02:02 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Project Pokemon Design Thread: SQUIRTLE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightSwipe View Post
Special Abilities/Attacks:

Defense Curl:
If this Sandshrew does not attack this turn, you may add 1 to his defense until the start of his next turn.

Sand Attack 14:
When opponent's figures enter adjacency with this Sandshrew, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 14 or higher, the opponents figures may not attack until their next turn.

Climb x2
When moving up or down levels of terrain, this Sandshrew may double its Height.
Sand Attack can't work like that.

The main reason is that a great deal of figures in Pokescape are going to have ranged attacks. So far, 3 of 5 have ranged attacks. With all these ranged attacks, nobody needs to engage Sandshrew! So, either Sandshrew engages them himself and loses Sand Attack, or they shoot Sandshrew from range and Sandshrew loses Sand Attack. Either way, Sandshrew ends up with a near-useless power.

I still think that it needs to work whenever an adjacent opponent attacks.
Old July 13th, 2010, 02:17 PM

Kroz knows what's in an order marker Kroz knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlord Alpha View Post
Quote:

Defense Curl:
If this Sandshrew does not attack this turn, you may add 1 to his defense until the start of his next turn.

Sand Attack 14:
When opponent's figures enter adjacency with this Sandshrew, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 14 or higher, the opponents figures may not attack until their next turn.

Climb x2
Sand Attack can't work like that.

The main reason is that a great deal of figures in Pokescape are going to have ranged attacks. So far, 3 of 5 have ranged attacks. With all these ranged attacks, nobody needs to engage Sandshrew! So, either Sandshrew engages them himself and loses Sand Attack, or they shoot Sandshrew from range and Sandshrew loses Sand Attack. Either way, Sandshrew ends up with a near-useless power.

I still think that it needs to work whenever an adjacent opponent attacks.
Agreed the previous sand attack was better. This really isn't that great. It should be something that is triggered by an attack not by movement.
Old July 13th, 2010, 03:38 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Project Pokemon Design Thread: SANDSHREW!

Not to mention that the last thing heroscape needs is another anti-melee unit.

Old July 13th, 2010, 04:08 PM
Let me help you play with yourself!

Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Okay, I would be fine with incorporating Defense Curl with Sandshrew, and then editing Sand Attack to affect figures entering engagement. Something like this?

Quote:
Sandshrew

Sandshrew v4

Sidebar Information:

Pokemon
Uncommon Hero
Mouse
Alert (Timid? But that's a nature...)
Small 3

Stat Box Information:

Life 3
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 2
Defense 3

~40 - 60 points?

Defense Curl:

Sand Attack 14:

Climb x2
Changes in Orange.

Okay, made adjustments as recommended, but Defense Curl and Sand Attack need some work, I think.

Maybe getting rid of Climb for an Underground Movement, so he can enter adjacency faster?

And we still need an personality for him...
Why did sand attack get changed? If you want to edit his roll in a battle to be gaining adjacency then why give him an ability that focusus on enemies engaging him?

Alert for personality gets my vote.
Old July 13th, 2010, 04:45 PM

caltemus Woo who?

Sandshrew is a mouse, and has a tendency to roll into a ball, so wouldn't his personality be "Timid", and I still like the Sand Attack wording that, I believe Kaiyu came up with.

Quote:
Sand Attack
When this Sandshrew is targeted for an attack from an adjacent opponent, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 14 or higher the targeting figure cannot attack for the duration of the it's turn.

Charlie is the slightly less dexterous, Russo-Israeli KMA
Viktor

in the
COBALT CAVE
Old July 13th, 2010, 05:01 PM

wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Okay, I would be fine with incorporating Defense Curl with Sandshrew, and then editing Sand Attack to affect figures entering engagement. Something like this?

Quote:
Sandshrew

Sandshrew v4

Sidebar Information:

Pokemon
Uncommon Hero
Mouse
Alert (Timid? But that's a nature...)
Small 3

Stat Box Information:

Life 3
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 2
Defense 3

~40 - 60 points?

Defense Curl:

Sand Attack 14:

Climb x2
Changes in Orange.

Okay, made adjustments as recommended, but Defense Curl and Sand Attack need some work, I think.

Maybe getting rid of Climb for an Underground Movement, so he can enter adjacency faster?

And we still need an personality for him...
Definately change Climb for Underground Movement. Defense Curl looks good. Sand Attack though...
IDK, something's missing. I just haven't figured out what yet.
Oh yeah, and Alert works for me.
Old July 13th, 2010, 05:33 PM

NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker

Changes have been made.

Quote:
Sandshrew

Sandshrew v5

Sidebar Information:

Pokemon
Uncommon Hero
Mouse
Alert/Timid (more people need to vote on this.)
Small 3

Stat Box Information:

Life 3
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 2
Defense 3

~40 - 60 points?

Defense Curl:

Sand Attack 14:
When this Sandshrew is targeted for an attack from an adjacent opponent, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 14 or higher the targeting figure cannot attack for the duration of the targeting figure's turn.

Climb x2
Changes in Cyan.

@Wulf: Wait, leave Climb as it is, or come up with Underground Movement?

I was thinking, this version of Sand Attack still only works on adjacent foes. Should we give Sand Attack range?

If pro is the opposite of con, is progress the opposite of congress?
America is the only place in the world where a pizza delivery guy gets to your house faster than an ambulance.
--NightSwipe--
Old July 13th, 2010, 05:45 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
I was thinking, this version of Sand Attack still only works on adjacent foes. Should we give Sand Attack range?
I don't think range is needed unless we give it some kind of ranged version of Combat Challenge to go with it (and I don't see a Sandshrew having that). Otherwise, the opponent will probably attack a more important unit. Adjacent is fine, because the opponent will have to attack the engaged Pokemon first (even if it had range, it would probably be short, like 2).

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old July 13th, 2010, 05:57 PM

wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Changes have been made.

Quote:
Sandshrew

Sandshrew v5

Sidebar Information:

Pokemon
Uncommon Hero
Mouse
Alert/Timid (more people need to vote on this.)
Small 3

Stat Box Information:

Life 3
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 2
Defense 3

~40 - 60 points?

Defense Curl:

Sand Attack 14:
When this Sandshrew is targeted for an attack from an adjacent opponent, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 14 or higher the targeting figure cannot attack for the duration of the targeting figure's turn.

Climb x2
Changes in Cyan.

@Wulf: Wait, leave Climb as it is, or come up with Underground Movement?

Use Underground Movement instead of Climb. Is more thematic. I think a ranged version of Sand Attack might work, if it's not rule-breaking.
Old July 13th, 2010, 06:16 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Actually, we could do a ranged version of sand attack:

If any figure within 2 spaces of you declares an attack against any figure, not just Sandshrew, you can throw sand in their face.
Old July 13th, 2010, 06:33 PM

Quote:

If any figure within 2 spaces of you declares an attack against any figure, not just Sandshrew, you can throw sand in their face.
That might be a bit much. I see what you're saying, using Nakitas as a base, but if we do that, it will jack his cost up significantly. I would prefer to keep if it Sandshrew is attacked by enemy within 2 cls.
Old July 13th, 2010, 06:35 PM
Let me help you play with yourself!

Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wulfhunter667 View Post
I think a ranged version of Sand Attack might work, if it's not rule-breaking.
Quote:

If something has a range greater than 1 and its not adjacent, then its just going to move to range 3 or beyond. The range of 2 would never get used unless for some reason the ranged figure can't move far enough away. If we want Sand Attack to activate when an attack is made on friendly figures too, then we'd be making Nakita Agents' Smokebomb, we can decide if its against adjacent figures only or not. Someone also suggested that sand attack affects all adjacent figures, which would give Sandshrew some great squad mobbing protection.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum