Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old September 25th, 2018, 10:29 PM

Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Heroscaper's 101 maps

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Then choose the PDF that you saved from VirtualScape, and hit Open.
That Virtualscape PDF was chosen and I opened it, what is next.
Old September 25th, 2018, 10:36 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

So then you'll want to click on the PDF in Google Drive.
There will be three dots in the upper right corner. Click there.
Then click Share.
In the bottom left of the dialog box, click Advanced.
In the middle, there's a line that says "Private - Only you can access" and then "Change" on the right. Click Change.
Click "Anyone with the link".
Click Save.
Right-click the highlighted box that says "Link to share", and then hit Copy.

Open your maps thread and paste that in.
Old September 25th, 2018, 10:59 PM

Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
So then you'll want to click on the PDF in Google Drive.
There will be three dots in the upper right corner. Click there.
Then click Share.
In the bottom left of the dialog box, click Advanced.
In the middle, there's a line that says "Private - Only you can access" and then "Change" on the right. Click Change.
Click "Anyone with the link".
Click Save.
Right-click the highlighted box that says "Link to share", and then hit Copy.

Open your maps thread and paste that in.
I did all that, posted the link in map thread, what now.
Old September 25th, 2018, 11:03 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Now, you want to write this:

[URL=https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ecaRPdQrQfqxM8bmb7a5_8dCMz64zd_G/view?usp=sharing]Feylund Hunting Grounds[/URL], which will look like this:

Feylund Hunting Grounds

Then just change that URL and the name as necessary for each new map.
Old September 25th, 2018, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Now, you want to write this:

[URL=https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ecaRPdQrQfqxM8bmb7a5_8dCMz64zd_G/view?usp=sharing]Feylund Hunting Grounds[/URL], which will look like this:

Feylund Hunting Grounds

Then just change that URL and the name as necessary for each new map.
I treated most of my maps to the PDF thing.
Old September 25th, 2018, 11:52 PM
This is merely a joke.

Nice. Now hopefully you can start to get some feedback.

I'll start: I think you should try using fewer sets and adding a bit more height to your maps. I'd at least go to level 3, maybe level 4. Height is always what makes maps strategically interesting.
Old September 26th, 2018, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Nice. Now hopefully you can start to get some feedback.

I'll start: I think you should try using fewer sets and adding a bit more height to your maps. I'd at least go to level 3, maybe level 4. Height is always what makes maps strategically interesting.
How many sets should I use.
Old September 26th, 2018, 12:30 AM
This is merely a joke.

Usually one master set and one or two expansions.
Old September 26th, 2018, 01:28 AM

Home of the Drow

Last edited by Heroscaper 101; September 28th, 2018 at 05:59 PM.
Old September 26th, 2018, 01:49 AM
This is merely a joke.

You should keep posting the images, too.

This one has some good concepts to it. I'll give some critiques tomorrow.
Old September 26th, 2018, 02:08 AM

Quote:
You should keep posting the images, too.

This one has some good concepts to it. I'll give some critiques tomorrow.
I used landscape instead of portrait for the PDF.
Old September 26th, 2018, 01:24 PM
This is merely a joke.

Okay, here's some feedback on Home of the Drow:
  • There's lots more terrain in the lava set, you should use it! You didn't use any of the lava field one-hex pieces, and you left out 3 lava field two-hexes and 2 lava field seven-hexes. There's 5 more shadow tiles in the dungeon set too!
  • Think about aesthetics when possible. To me, grass doesn't fit very well with the other tiles you used. There's two hexes of grass that's visible on level 1. Maybe you could swap that out for more dungeon or lava?
  • Consider how playing on this map would go. Right now, you could use one squad of a screen unit (like Deathreavers or Gladiatrons) to block off both sides of the map on the edges. If you had a ranged figure too, he can stay behind that row of molten lava and shoot across. Range + screen is a very common combo, and it would be too good on this map.
  • Try some different glyph spots. I like glyphs on lava field, personally, but these ones are also on height. That makes them very powerful spots to hold. Usually it's a good idea to put glyphs on lower ground, so that the advantage of holding them is mitigated by the disadvantage of losing height advantage.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios