Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old September 4th, 2010, 09:11 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth
Re: Chronos - Design Phase

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Honestly, I think the only way o make the current power work is to not try to add anything to it ... it's bulky enough to require three separate powers to really suss it out. I love it, though, so I hope we can work it.
A3n - I'm against the 2 Glyphs but they only work against normal attacks idea, because that doesn't help balance him any against those single normal attack heavy hitters like Superman and Hulk, who seem to be the issue anyway. What's wrong with keeping it working against all attacks, but only 1 Glyph?
Nothing wrong with the 1 glyph idea, I just wanted to see if there were other ways to make the 2 glyph idea work before dismissing it . I like the idea of having an option of at least 2 points to go back to but if it we can't make it work then 1 glyph is fine.

Cheers
Old September 4th, 2010, 09:12 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Ah, yes, I did misunderstand ... and yes, I do kind of like that. I thought you were wanting a power that let him carry others with him ... this would move others to where he placed the glyph which could open it up to all sorts of fun things (including letting him and a time traveling buddy with the Temporal Defense power get in some free shots ...).

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 4th, 2010, 09:14 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Quote:
Honestly, I think the only way o make the current power work is to not try to add anything to it ... it's bulky enough to require three separate powers to really suss it out. I love it, though, so I hope we can work it.
A3n - I'm against the 2 Glyphs but they only work against normal attacks idea, because that doesn't help balance him any against those single normal attack heavy hitters like Superman and Hulk, who seem to be the issue anyway. What's wrong with keeping it working against all attacks, but only 1 Glyph?
Nothing wrong with the 1 glyph idea, I just wanted to see if there were other ways to make the 2 glyph idea work before dismissing it . I like the idea of having an option of at least 2 points to go back to but if it we can't make it work then 1 glyph is fine.

Cheers
I guess the other thing that could help with this is that if you have more than one unit in your army, you can park one unit on the glyph to block Chronos' movement there. It's just in one-on-one, end game situations that Chronos might feel broken.
I like the power working against special attacks, though. I really would rather go down one glyph, as long as it's still powerful, than open it up to a plethora of attacks.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 4th, 2010, 09:15 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

What if he could mark two points of interest with the Glyphs, but only move if:
1) both were removed from his card,
2) they were unoccupied,
3) he could only place one per turn,
4) he picked both up when he used Temporal Displacement, thereby making him need to use two more turns before he could Temporal Displace again.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

RIP George Perez and Stan Lee
Old September 4th, 2010, 09:18 PM

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
4) he picked both up when he used Temporal Displacement, thereby making him need to use two more turns before he could Temporal Displace again.
I was just thinking this myself. What do you think Bats?
Old September 4th, 2010, 09:54 PM

I'd have to see a write up to wrap my head around it ...

Old September 5th, 2010, 07:42 AM

Glyph of Temporal Disturbance thread started.

Cheers
Old September 5th, 2010, 05:06 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

One glyph is better, but if that glyph is not only on his card, but also in our glyph pool, there could still be a situation where Superman or Hulk could never harm him one on one. He would always win.
Old September 5th, 2010, 05:07 PM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

I think that it is great to avoid a D20 roll when we can, just as long as we don't end up creating a power that is either broken or long-winded-text-heavy-theme-induced-mind-#uck.
Old September 5th, 2010, 05:18 PM

We're still working out the kinks - calm thyself.

Old September 5th, 2010, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Calm? I am definitely. I just want to remind us that a D20 roll is not the plague, it could very well be our best friend here. I admire the desire to avoid it where possible, but that doesn't mean that we should bend away from it in a way where the end result is less attractive than if we had just used a D20.
Old September 9th, 2010, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
Quote:
Calm? I am definitely. I just want to remind us that a D20 roll is not the plague, it could very well be our best friend here. I admire the desire to avoid it where possible, but that doesn't mean that we should bend away from it in a way where the end result is less attractive than if we had just used a D20.
I totally agree, but that also doesn't mean that we shouldn't just give up on trying to make it work without the D20. I reckon that if we all kept working at it we should be able to find a way around all the issues & then we would end up with a truely unique power.

So in an effort to try to keep 2 glyphs & still make it work:
Quote:
TEMPORAL MARKER
Start the game with 2 Temporal Disturbance Glyphs on this card. After revealing an Order Marker on this card and before moving, you may remove 1 Temporal Disturbance Glyph from this card and place it on the space occupied by Chronos. There can only be a maximum of 2 Temporal Disturbance Glyphs on this card at any one time.

TEMPORAL DISPLACEMENT
If Chronos has less than 2 Temporal Disturbance Glyphs on this card and is attacked by an opponent's figure that rolled at least 1 skull, instead of rolling defense dice normally, you may ignore the attack and immediately place Chronos on any unoccupied space with a Temporal Disturbance Glyph on it. Place the Temporal Disturbance Glyph back on this card. If there is only one Temporal Disturbance Glyph on this card you must remove one other Temporal Disturbance Glyph from the battlefield and place it on this card. If Chronos was engaged when using Temporal Displacement he will only take leaving engagement attacks from figures with the Temporal Defense special power.

TIME TRAVEL
After taking a turn with Chronos, you may place Chronos on any unoccupied space with a Temporal Disturbance Glyph on it and take one additional turn with Chronos. Place the Temporal Disturbance Glyph on this card. If Chronos was engaged when using Time Travel he will only take leaving engagement attacks from figures with the Temporal Defense special power.

Cheers

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library