Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old September 19th, 2011, 09:31 AM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!
The Book of Preyblood Thrall

The Book of Preyblood Thrall

C3V Wave 1 - Thormun's Reprieve - Marro & Thrall

The figure used for this unit is a D&D figure from the War Drums set. Its model number and name is 41/Terror Wight.

Character Bio:
Spoiler Alert!

MINDLESS PACK
After revealing an order marker on this card, roll the 20-sided die.
- If you roll a 1-5, you may take a turn with 1 Thrall you control.
- If you roll a 6-15, you may take a turn with up to 2 Thralls you control.
- If you roll a 16 or higher, you may take a turn with up to 3 Thralls you control.

BLOOD HUNGER
Before moving a Preyblood Thrall, you may choose an opponent's figure. Add 1 to the Preyblood Thrall's Move and Attack values for each wound marker on the chosen figure's Army Card to a maximum of +3 for each. To use Blood Hunger, the Preyblood Thrall must end its move adjacent to the chosen figure and must attack that figure if possible. If the Preyblood Thrall does not inflict at least one wound on the chosen figure, destroy the Preyblood Thrall.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • Q. If a Preyblood Thrall attacks without using BLOOD HUNGER (no opponent's figure choosen before moving, move 5, attack 3), and if he does not inflict at least one wound, must he be destroyed ?
    A. No.

-Combinations and Synergies-

Synergy Benefits Received

Nicholas Esenwein : Bloodborn Rising
As a Thrall, previously destroyed Preyblood Thralls may be returned to the battlefield by using Nicholas Esenwein's Bloodborn Rising power.

Zombie Hulk: Paralyzing Fear
As Undead, the Preyblood Thrall may benefit from the Zombie Hulk's Paralyzing Fear defense penalty when attacking other figures.

Skull Demon: Valkrill Attack Aura 1
As a Valkrill figure with a Range of 1, a Preyblood Thrall can add to his attack if he is adjacent to a Skull Demon.

Synergy Benefits Offered

Thralls: Mindless Pack
Preyblood Thralls may use Mindless Pack to take turns with other Thralls._________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Power Ranking and Master Index
Nice in cleanup against wounded heroes. Nicky+Thralls could be really good in a heroes-only format. C

Unit Strategy Review
- TBA

Last edited by superfrog; January 18th, 2019 at 08:47 PM. Reason: added Thrall synergy benefits
Old September 19th, 2011, 10:36 AM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Preyblood Thrall

For some reason the link directly to the download isn't working. I replaced it with a link to the download page for now.
Old September 19th, 2011, 11:34 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

The wording choice on Mindless Pack surprised me. By using "Thrall" instead of "Preyblood Thrall", Preyblood Thralls could essentially bond with any hero figure with class Thrall (not that there are any others at this time). Or even stranger, a player could activate one to three "not-Preyblood" Thralls after revealing an order marker on a Preyblood Thrall.

I don't think any future squad could have a class Thrall now, because Heroscape does not have a concept of taking a turn with a single figure of a squad.
Old September 19th, 2011, 11:49 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
The wording choice on Mindless Pack surprised me. By using "Thrall" instead of "Preyblood Thrall", Preyblood Thralls could essentially bond with any hero figure with class Thrall (not that there are any others at this time). Or even stranger, a player could activate one to three "not-Preyblood" Thralls after revealing an order marker on a Preyblood Thrall.

I don't think any future squad could have a class Thrall now, because Heroscape does not have a concept of taking a turn with a single figure of a squad.
That wording was not an accident.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old September 19th, 2011, 12:15 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post

That wording was not an accident.
Hint: think wyrmlings

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old September 24th, 2011, 03:41 PM

dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I draw your attention to something that can be confusing in the heat of the battle (I have myself be mistaken during playtests).
I do it as a Q&A.

Q. If a Preyblood Thrall attacks without using BLOOD HUNGER (no opponent's figure choosen before moving, move 5, attack 3), and if he does not inflict at least one wound, must he be destroyed ?
A. No.
Old September 24th, 2011, 04:37 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Good idea, dalu. You get a gold star (How do you say "gold star" in French? That's what you get.).

= =
Old September 24th, 2011, 05:21 PM

dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Good idea, dalu. You get a gold star (How do you say "gold star" in French? That's what you get.).
"gold star" translates into "étoile d'or".
But "étoile d'or" is only used in advertising, Super Mario games and such things.
Old September 24th, 2011, 08:53 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Well in this country we say you get a etoile d'or.

= =
Old September 25th, 2011, 01:12 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalu View Post
Q. If a Preyblood Thrall attacks without using BLOOD HUNGER (no opponent's figure choosen before moving, move 5, attack 3), and if he does not inflict at least one wound, must he be destroyed ?
A. No.
Yep, I would support that being added to the OP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V
Old October 29th, 2011, 03:54 AM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation

Since the Preyblood Thrall is a Common Hero, when I get to take a turn with more than one ... I get to take a full Move/Attack with one and then take a second turn with another, correct?

So that if I inflict a wound with the first Thrall, then the second one can use the Blood Hunger bonus?

--
I was play testing them tonight, and the first time I used them I ran them like a squad by mistake (moving both first and then attacking one after the other).

They worked fairly well. I ran:

Nicholas Esenwein
Preyblood Thrall x3
Fen Hydra x2
Marro Warriors
Total: 520 pts

Nicholas as interesting too. The synergy with the respawing the thralls was a nice touch. I played with three to maximize their 'Pack' ability. If they cost 20-points, I would have taken four.

Excellent design, though!

Thank you! *Kai
Old October 29th, 2011, 04:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by obfuscatedhippo View Post
Since the Preyblood Thrall is a Common Hero, when I get to take a turn with more than one ... I get to take a full Move/Attack with one and then take a second turn with another, correct?
Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by obfuscatedhippo View Post
So that if I inflict a wound with the first Thrall, then the second one can use the Blood Hunger bonus?
Yes

Thralls are not a squad.
Each Thrall takes its own separate full turn.

Thanks for the input.

Last edited by dalu; October 29th, 2011 at 05:05 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs