Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old May 29th, 2008, 09:00 PM

bbb is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
other licenses that would work well with Heroscape

i'm new so, sorry if this isn't the right sub-forum or if it's already been discussed.

so, i'm fairly new to the game, but i think it's awesome with tons of potential for growth. I love that they started branching out to adapting other licenses to work with Heroscape, but i just hope Marvelscape will continue on being developed. i know the whole WotC thing throws everything into uncertainty right now, but i was thinking of other licenses that could prove popular using the heroscape rules and terrain.

two easy ones to use since they're part of the same corporate family would be G.I. Joe and He-Man. I'm sure people would love to buy expansions just for the figures of both, but they have large rosters of characters that would work well with the heroscape system and other sets. a castle Greyskull special expansion would be awesome. He-Man would be mainly uniques, but G.I. Joe would have lots of common squads made up of various Vipers. largers figure expansions could focus on some of the smaller vehicles. mounted He-Man and Skeletor for He-Man, trouble bubbles and motorcycles for G.I. Joe. Small skirmishes would make sense and be fun for both of them.

The other one I thought would be great, but I'm not sure how easy it would be to get would be Stargate. The starter set could have SG-1, some Jaffa and a Stargate and further expansions could focus on differend Go-ulds and other friends, foes and SG teams. it'd give Stargate fans an easy way to play games based around the series.

i know it's all just a dream, but it would be cool.
Old May 29th, 2008, 10:14 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Re: other licenses that would work well with Heroscape

1) Welcome to the site
2) Yes, this subject has been done to death (Search for license)
3)

Old May 29th, 2008, 11:36 PM

ArgosCap has disabled reputation

The best place to post ideas on this topic, is on the thread I started at the request of Paul from WOTC. It's called, "Ways to Expand Heroscape."

http://heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=15687

There seems to be a 50/50 split among Heroscapers. Some, like you and I, would love to see new licensed scape products (Star Wars apparently being the most popular). Others would prefer to see WOTC concentrate on the existing 'Scape universe.

I also started a thread waaaaay back when called, "The Official GI Joe Petition." If you look at my profile and threads I've started, you will find it in there, but it is also buried in the Marvel section. GI Joe has always been my favorite universe, and with the upcoming live action movie, I think now is a great time.

Stargate is also commonly brought up as a good 'Scape license.

Unfortunately, He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, are not part of the Hasbro/WOTC corporate family. They actually belong to Mattel. I keep hoping that Mattel will start a line similar to 'Scape though, and they could start with a game that revolves around the fantastic "Masters" universe. There are actually a few common squads that could be made. Skeletor's skeleton warriors from the comic. Shadow beasts and mermen from the cartoon. Those black stormtrooper things from the movie. Man-at-Arm's Royal Guard. Lot of possibilities, but sadly they will never belong to Heroscape proper.

Visit my new site, THE FREE UNIVERSE to explore the universe of public domain and freely licensed characters, settings and story concepts.
Old May 29th, 2008, 11:38 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Marvel was a good way to expand Heroscape and look at how great it is doing.

Stop trying to reinvent the wheel...just give us more spokes for the ones we already have.
Old May 29th, 2008, 11:45 PM

Nelson Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Marvel was a good way to expand Heroscape and look at how great it is doing.

Stop trying to reinvent the wheel...just give us more spokes for the ones we already have.
i would agree there are so many units that could be produced for regular scape i would perfer WOTC to focus on existing scape
Old May 30th, 2008, 12:03 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Star Wars. The end.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old May 30th, 2008, 12:09 AM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Star Wars. The end.
Ok Star Wars would work but The End only has like 3 characters in it.

Old May 30th, 2008, 12:10 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Star Wars. The end.
Ok Star Wars would work but The End only has like 3 characters in it.

This is why we can't have nice things.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old May 30th, 2008, 05:42 AM
Did you know that 5 exclamation points is a sign of insanity?

Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Nah, Star Wars would not work, or absolutely be non-compatible with existing 'scape. A light saber should be able to cut through everything except other lightsabers. Imagine THAT in any battle of your choice.

Hey, the ultimate Q9 stopper. Maybe this ain't such a bad idea.
Old May 30th, 2008, 07:30 AM

Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroc View Post
Nah, Star Wars would not work, or absolutely be non-compatible with existing 'scape. A light saber should be able to cut through everything except other lightsabers. Imagine THAT in any battle of your choice.

Hey, the ultimate Q9 stopper. Maybe this ain't such a bad idea.
We have Thanos in Marvelscape. He's a demi-god. I think anything can almost be Heroscapized. Too strong? Nerf it. It's only a matter of marketing and stuff (eg. fanbase). Not a big fan of Starwars, but if SWscape happens I wouldn't be surprise nor be upset.

Last edited by Ugly-Caco; May 30th, 2008 at 07:47 AM.
Old May 30th, 2008, 07:53 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
And Spider-Man should have Thorian Speed in addition to his other powers, Captain America's defense should be at least a 9 to reflect his indestructible shield, etc...

It's all okay. It's just a game.
Old May 30th, 2008, 09:57 AM
Did you know that 5 exclamation points is a sign of insanity?

Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugly-Caco
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
And Spider-Man should have Thorian Speed in addition to his other powers, Captain America's defense should be at least a 9 to reflect his indestructible shield, etc...
I'm glad you guys think I'm an idiot. I'd like to see SWscape, I just thought this would be a definite no-go.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion