Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old September 8th, 2017, 12:00 PM

mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Laser etched replacement dice

Like many people my heroscape dice have faded with time.

The game crafter recently started offering the option to make custom laser etched dice in both wood and acrylic. It is print on demand, so it isn't exactly cheap. But the results are beautiful.

I put a set of both wood and acrylic heroscape dice up if anyone is interested. I put them in sets of 8 because this is where the discount kicks in for acrylic and the price drops to a more reasonable (although still not cheap) price point.

Here is what they look like.

They are actually 16mm dice, so they are slightly larger then the offical dice, as you can see here:

I would have used icons that match the official heroscape dice exactly, but those are copyrighted and the game crafter won't allow you to print any copyrighted materials.

If your interested check them out here:
Wood
Acrylic
Old September 8th, 2017, 11:13 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Laser etched replacement dice

Those look great. Thanks for sharing. I plan on making custom dice once I get my 3d printer/cnc/laser engraver from kickstarter.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old September 9th, 2017, 04:58 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Those do look really good! I'm impressed they turned out so well.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old September 10th, 2017, 07:25 PM

mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Its crazy to me that you can get print on demand dice. I am kind of nuts for the game crafter these days and I couldn't resist using it to make some heroscape dice.

If you are interested in getting some:
Wood
Acrylic
Old September 10th, 2017, 07:59 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmeeple View Post
Its crazy to me that you can get print on demand dice. I am kind of nuts for the game crafter these days and I couldn't resist using it to make some heroscape dice.

Wood
Acrylic
I'm just surprised you didn't get a TMNT themed set

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old September 10th, 2017, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:

Wood
Acrylic
I'm just surprised you didn't get a TMNT themed set
It did occur to me. But they aren't cheap, and you can't use anything copyrighted...so I tried to go with classic HS. But I just might have to go back and do some more!
Old February 7th, 2018, 11:01 PM

itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby!

Sorry to post on a quiet thread but I had a question about my dice. I got the 2nd edition dice that can fade and mine are very bad. I've tried using sharpie but those fade, then nail polish but everything fades. I will need to start using other dice soon but are too stubborn to give up on these. Is there anyway to preserve my original dice? Thanks.

Keep doing what you're doing, but do it better. ~Self

Classic Card Scans & Tourney Map Building Requirements Excel Sheet
Old February 8th, 2018, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsbuzzi View Post
Sorry to post on a quiet thread but I had a question about my dice. I got the 2nd edition dice that can fade and mine are very bad. I've tried using sharpie but those fade, then nail polish but everything fades. I will need to start using other dice soon but are too stubborn to give up on these. Is there anyway to preserve my original dice? Thanks.
To be honest I am not sure what others have done to preserve the original ones. This is why I created these custom ones to replace them. Custom dice are fairly expensive though.
Old February 8th, 2018, 11:24 AM

itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
To be honest I am not sure what others have done to preserve the original ones. This is why I created these custom ones to replace them. Custom dice are fairly expensive though.
I do not have access to a 3D printer or a lathe to cut the ones I have and am not trying to spend a lot of money on just dice at this moment. I was thinking colored tape but it may skew results of rolls i layered unevenly.

Old February 8th, 2018, 11:49 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I do not have access to a 3D printer or a lathe to cut the ones I have and am not trying to spend a lot of money on just dice at this moment. I was thinking colored tape but it may skew results of rolls i layered unevenly.
If you are thinking tape I'd just paint red and blue dots on the dice...As long as there is something there you don't actually need the full representation of a skull or shield. When I first plated C3G I only had Red and Blue dice and they needed the white ones...I painted regular dice with three red and two blue sides...worked great for a long time until we started expanding our collection of terrain...now we have a sizable lot of dice and we just rotate them constantly...and we stopped rolling them on the table.

Link above is an old picture I found.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old February 8th, 2018, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
If you are thinking tape I'd just paint red and blue dots on the dice...As long as there is something there you don't actually need the full representation of a skull or shield. When I first plated C3G I only had Red and Blue dice and they needed the white ones...I painted regular dice with three red and two blue sides...worked great for a long time until we started expanding our collection of terrain...now we have a sizable lot of dice and we just rotate them constantly...and we stopped rolling them on the table.

Ahh paint why didn't I think of that! I'll paint them when I get home. Stupid question but if you don't roll them on the table where do you roll them?

Old February 8th, 2018, 03:13 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Ahh paint why didn't I think of that! I'll paint them when I get home. Stupid question but if you don't roll them on the table where do you roll them?
Cork or felt lined box. Quieter and more gentle on the dice.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions