Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old January 2nd, 2014, 08:31 PM

Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Boot Camp of Valhalla: Reaper Kobolds (Design/Brainstorm

Will someone who actually owns some of these figures please chime in on how they look? They look like mini wolves compared to the D&D Kobold minis...

However, I think that, if possible, we should make them Kobolds. It would give us a good place to start instead of trying to create a new race from the ground up.
Old January 2nd, 2014, 08:32 PM
Pssst...

Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Who says they need a climb power? Break the precedent!
My idea: Kobold Warriors
Race: Kobold
Uniqueness: Common squad
Class: Warriors
Personality: Tricky
Height: Small ?
Life: 1
Move: 4
Range: 1
Attack: 3
Defense: 2
Draconic Affinity: For each unique dragon, wyvern, dragon born, or kobold hero within 4 clear sight spaces of a kobold you control add 1 to its attack to a maximum of +3.
Communication: For each army card you control with the kobold race you may add 1 to the move of the kobold warriors to a maximum of +2, the kobold warriors do not apply to this power.
Climb x2

"Hello my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."~Inigo Montoya.

Pssst...

Last edited by Crixus33; January 2nd, 2014 at 08:45 PM. Reason: yes I know I didn't break the precedent, I'm waiting for it to pick up steam ;)
Old January 2nd, 2014, 08:39 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

A trap like ability:

Decoy
When a dragonborn (and/or species XYZ) would roll defense dice against a normal attack, you may instead switch that dragonborn with an unengaged friendly Kobold within 2 spaces. After switching places, immediately destroy the kobold.
Old January 2nd, 2014, 08:53 PM

Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I think they look very Kobold-ish, so that is what I personnaly would make their race. Why don't we make them less of a synergistic squad or add some new type of synergy to them. I don't know what that could be, but the first thing we should do is decide is what kind of Kobolds they are. Are they the lawful neutral Einar Kobolds, or evil Utgar dudes, or whatever else could they be? This will help us decide everything about these Kobolds.

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

Maklar the Silver Prince's Customs
Old January 2nd, 2014, 09:02 PM
Pssst...

Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Kobold society is influenced by their lawful evil alignment. They will plan and dig mines industriously, while laying cruel traps for interlopers. If they must confront an enemy, they will mass their troops for an ambush. Among the monstrous humanoids, they are known for cunning plans; unlike many, they also share those plans among the tribe. General plans and goals are common knowledge, and detailed plans are shared with all who ask, to allow them to work fruitfully for the good of the tribe. Kobolds have a natural hatred of other non-draconic creaturesbecause of mistreatment of their race.
Excerpts I based my idea on. I think we need to emphasize the hatred of everything non-draconian.
@MtSP I think they need to be lawful evil or neutral.

"Hello my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."~Inigo Montoya.

Pssst...

Last edited by Crixus33; January 2nd, 2014 at 09:07 PM.
Old January 2nd, 2014, 09:34 PM

Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I think Einar or Utgar Kobolds will be the best and make the most sense. We need to think of these guys as the only Kobolds in Heroscape, because they basically are. This is why I think they shouldn't be too synergistic. I like anti-draconic hatred and/or communication powers.

Old January 2nd, 2014, 09:42 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maklar the Silver Prince View Post
I think Einar or Utgar Kobolds will be the best and make the most sense. We need to think of these guys as the only Kobolds in Heroscape, because they basically are. This is why I think they shouldn't be too synergistic. I like anti-draconic hatred and/or communication powers.
Hello, fellow Kentuckian! Welcome to the site! Which part of the Kentucky are you from? We are having a Heroscape tournament this Saturday, Jan. 4th at Pet Shop Comics.

You can find more info about it here: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=49679
Old January 2nd, 2014, 09:48 PM

He he he, I'm in central Kentucky, middle of nowhere. Don't think I'll be able to make tourney, maybe another time.

Why do I see nothing but trees!!!???

Old January 2nd, 2014, 10:05 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
He he he, I'm in central Kentucky, middle of nowhere. Don't think I'll be able to make tourney, maybe another time.
I'm near Leitchfield, Grayson Co., KY, so I know what you mean.
Old January 2nd, 2014, 10:13 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Just going to chime in with two thoughts:

A: The figures are clearly mammalian; they have very noticeable ears. As such an 'anti-everything not a dragon' power would be rather weird to me at least.

B: Kobolds have been a part of folklore long before they were hijacked by D&D. These may not look like D&D Kobolds, but they don't have to be D&D style Kobolds. There is plenty of room to make uniquely Heroscape Kobolds based off the different folkloric options.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old January 2nd, 2014, 10:13 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Quote:
I'm near Leitchfield, Grayson Co., KY, so I know what you mean.
Grishnakh is originally from Ashland, Kentucky, though he lives on Long Island now. Here's his wiki!

Old January 2nd, 2014, 10:23 PM

Whoah, that's cool. Would have never guessed that. However, wouldn't it be a better idea to continue this discussion some other time or some other place and if we got back to the Kobolds?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards