Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old June 26th, 2012, 10:29 AM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth
The Book of Selene Gallio

The Book of Selene Gallio

C3G MARVEL WAVE 16
XTINCTION AGENDA

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Critical Mass set.
Its model number and name are #079, #080-081 / Black Queen, Selene.
Character Bio - Selene is the world’s oldest living mutant. She maintains her youth and vitality by draining the life force from others into herself. No one is quite sure where her mutant powers end and her considerable magical powers begin.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

ImmunitiesBenefitsWeaknesses_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-
*8/11/2022 - Psychic Vampire and Inanimate Object Control changes

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS

Last edited by Arch-vile; August 11th, 2022 at 06:59 PM.
Old June 26th, 2012, 10:29 AM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth
Re: Selene - Design Phase

NAME = SELENE GALLIO

SPECIES = MUTANT
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = SORCERESS
PERSONALITY = DECEITFUL

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 7
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 7
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 360

PSYCHIC VAMPIRE
Subtract 1 from Selene’s Move and Attack numbers for each Wound Marker on this card. After moving and instead of attacking, you may choose an adjacent figure that is not an Android, Cyborg, or destructible object. Roll 2 combat dice. If you roll a skull on every die, remove up to that many Wound Markers from this card and place them on the chosen figure’s card.

INANIMATE OBJECT CONTROL 9
Instead of attacking, you may choose a destructible object, Fortress Wall, or obstacle within 5 spaces of Selene and up to 9 figures on or within 2 spaces of that destructible object, Fortress Wall, or obstacle. Roll the 20-sided die for each figure, subtracting 5 from the roll if Selene does not have clear sight on the chosen figure. If you roll 9 or higher, that figure receives a wound.

MAGICAL DEFENSE
When Selene is attacked by an opponent's figure that does not have the Magical Defense special power, the most wounds Selene can take for this attack is one.

SUPER STRENGTH

Last edited by IAmBatman; August 8th, 2022 at 10:18 AM.
Old June 26th, 2012, 10:52 AM
Business Casual

photos deleted.

Last edited by SirGalahad; May 1st, 2014 at 08:03 PM.
Old June 26th, 2012, 03:13 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

With the combo of Magical Defense and a pretty potent healing power, I think her Life will need to come down, but otherwise a great write up and looks good to go!

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old June 26th, 2012, 03:47 PM
Business Casual

If her Life went down, we'd need a line in Life Energy about her Attack and Move having a minimum of 1, which I would be fine with.

She can't attack when she drains life, though.

Old June 26th, 2012, 03:58 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGalahad View Post
If her Life went down, we'd need a line in Life Energy about her Attack and Move having a minimum of 1, which I would be fine with.
No, having a lower life would just mean the stats couldn't get reduced down to 1.
Old June 26th, 2012, 04:10 PM
Business Casual

You're right, brain fart.

Old June 26th, 2012, 04:59 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Love the idea of the mechanics just not in love with them from metagame perspective. She just moves adjacent to the a hero that has only 1 life left & that hero is destroyed automatically. :shocked: So just like that Superman is dead.

Common heroes or squadies sure I can get behind that, but not Unique Heroes or Event Heroes.

There's no luck, no risk. It just happens. Why does she even have a normal attack - you just wouldn't use it?
Old June 26th, 2012, 05:13 PM
Business Casual

We could make it "common or squad figure," which would leave out the 1-life remaining Unique and Event Heroes. Then she would have to roll for those figures. Would that make it better?

Old June 26th, 2012, 05:15 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

I think so yes.
Old June 26th, 2012, 11:25 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Love the design Sir G!

Good call on only common and squad figures getting auto-killed because they have 1 life

Quote:
PSYCHIC VAMPIRE
After moving and instead of attacking, you may choose an adjacent figure that is not an Android, Cyborg, or destructible object. If the chosen figure is a common or squad figure has 1 Life remaining, destroy it and remove 1 Wound Marker from this card. If the chosen figure has 2 or more Life remaining, roll up to 2 combat dice. If you roll a skull on every die, remove that many Wound Markers from this card and place them on the chosen figure’s card.
I think she should have Superstrength as Marvel Comic Database lists her as being able to press 8,500lbs.

She could also be considered a Telepath, but I could see Sorceress as well and it keeps her out of the Telepath club and Sorceress ties in better with Magical Defense.

She could also have Mental Shield as a 4th power perhaps.

Some info from Marvel Comic Database. She has a boatload of potential offensive powers, but I think that her normal attack that Sir G. has listed and the range could be viewed as her using one of her nasty powers for attacking.

Quote:
Powers

Life-Force Absorption: by psionically draining the life forces of other human beings into herself, by physical touch. If she drained a person’s entire life force from him or her, the victim dies and the victim’s body crumbles into dust. It is unknown how often Selene must drain life force from another human in order to survive. It is known, that great expenditure of power causes Selene to age, but she can rejuvenate herself by absorbing more life force. Selene will not age as long as she maintains her supply of absorbed life force.
  • Psychic Vampire: If Selene drains only part of a victims life force, Selene achieves a measure of psychic control over her victim’s mind. Through unknown means, Selene can cause a human being to become a psychic vampire like herself, but be subordinate to Selene’s own will.
Physical Enhancement: Selene has physical strength, stamina, speed, and reaction time that are all several times greater than those of a normal woman.
  • Superhuman Strength
  • Superhuman Endurance
  • Superhuman Reflexes
  • Superhuman Speed: ability to momentarily move at speeds rivaling those of Quicksilver.
Shadow-Morphing: allowing her to dematerialize or use solid tendrils of darkness to manipulate objects
Astral Projection: Her telepathy is strong enough for her to survive in her astral form.
Telekinesis: her telekinetic abilities gives her complete psionic control over inanimate objects.
  • Telekinetic Animation: can cause inanimate objects to move according to her will by projecting part of her absorbed life force into them.
  • Inanimate Disintegration: She can cause inanimate objects in her presence to disintegrate. She cannot, however, rearrange the atomic or molecular structure of matter.
Pyrokinesis: could psionically generate and project intense heat and flame from and around her body or direct it at certain distances. The exact radius remains unknown. She was also able to manipulate flame created from other sources and could magnify their intensity or snuff them. The flames Selene generated could also be illusory in effect; for example, she could focus the power on an object making it appear to be on fire while it was not being damaged by the flames at all. Selene instinctively created a psionic force field about her entire body that protected her from the effects of the heat and flame she created and from other sources as well
Telepathy:High Order telepath. She is capable of displaying various psionic feats with the minds of others including reading and communicating with thoughts over vast distances.
  • Psi-Screen: possesses a psychic mental shield to protect her from psychic attacks.
  • Mental Bolts: can project psionic force bolts which have no physical effects but which can affect a victim's mind so as to cause the victim pain or unconsciousness.
  • Hypnotic Trance: can induce a momentary hypnotic trance state in people around her. Often used along with her speed to create the illusion of teleportation.
Immortal: her aging process is greatly retarded and she can apparently regenerate injured or missing cells from even near-fatal injuries.
  • Rapid Healing: ability to endure injuries (within unknown limits) without lasting harm or even feeling pain such as knife wounds.
Sorcery: possesses considerable magical abilities, having gained a great deal of mystical knowledge over the millennia. The number of magical effects that she can create has yet to be cataloged, but it is known that she can cast and counteract spells and summon extra-dimensional demons.
Darkforce or Shadow Manipulation: It is seen that she can turn herself into a shadow figure enbling her to blend in.

Strength level

Selene possesses superhuman strength, enabling her to lift (press) about 8,500 pounds under optimal conditions.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old June 27th, 2012, 12:09 AM
Business Casual

OK with Super Strength.

With the change to Psychic Vampire, she would not be able to use this special power against heroes with only 1-life remaining; she would only be able to attack them.

I didn't think she qualified for Mental Shield because of this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicVine
Selene is not as powerful as other high-order telepaths such as Professor X or Jean Grey, and is vulnerable to psionic attack should she be located.
I suppose Life Energy could be rolled into Psychic Vampire if we thought it necessary for her to have another power.

Tried to come up with a clean way for her to "animate" a DO or terrain piece to attack (a la Poison Ivy's Plant Animation) - something like this:

Inanimate Object Special Attack
Range Special. Attack 5.
Choose a destructible object or terrain piece within 5 spaces of Selene. Then choose an opponent's figure adjacent to the chosen destructible object or terrain piece. The defending figure compares height to the chosen destructible object or terrain piece to determine any height advantage.

Last edited by SirGalahad; June 27th, 2012 at 12:21 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library