Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old September 27th, 2010, 08:08 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Absorbing Man

That'd just make him a Krug type (or even a Blob type) who can specialize in heavy hitter killing for a lower cost. That said, I do like the idea of using the Ball and Chain to let him attack multiple figures and/or attack at range.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 27th, 2010, 08:31 PM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

Now I understand the ball and chain power name.

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old September 30th, 2010, 12:02 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Is this ready for an initial playtest? If so, let me know and I'll try to jump on him over the next few days!
Also, any theoryscaping on his cost?

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 30th, 2010, 12:55 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Did you check the first post today? I had added him being able to attack 2 addtional times with Ball and Chain but not being able to attack the same figure more than once. More or less to help vs. squads and maybe mid-level tag teams when he's by himself.

If nobody has any objections I think he's ready to do initial playtest.

As for price, that's a tough one as by himself without optional DO's he's must a brawler at 6 life and 5 attack/ 5 defense until, or if he can or wants to even try to Power Absorbs an opponent (depending on their defense and the risk). If he's going against a HH and fails PA, he can be toast unless he gets it the next time. But if he gets a 7+ attack / 7 + defense for a round, he can kick some hero ass.

Ranged opponents will hurt him, especially with rough terrain.

I would think he'd shine in Army Tests where he can PA his teammates defense number without much risk and then go to town. I can see him working well with Angel, with Angel Carrying him for a turn, then Absorbing Man PA his defense # of 5 to have attack of 7 for OM's 2 and 3.

Do you think 300, or would that be too high for when he's alone and playing w/o optional DO's concidering his mobility, lack of range and vulnerability to ranged attacks and maybe some mid-levels. Could he be down to 250-260 range to account for deficiencies but be a real good hero killer when having teammates to power him up.

Maybe we can just start at 300 and work from there?

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old September 30th, 2010, 01:15 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

I have a twofold question: why is he absorbing all of a person's stats? IMO, only people more powerful than he is normally should be able to boost him. (Without a boost, he can swing his Ball and Chain so he is pretty tough without a boost.) Why does someone like Angel boost him to higher than he is normally? Angel is actually weaker than Absorbing Man. Thematically this write up is not correct IMO.
I would re-work the powers so he only boosts from "stronger" units.

Start with Attack 5 and Defense 5

Ball and Chain could then be a SA and work like the first half of Thor's Hammer Strike

Absorb would have the same odds, but instead of boosting by everyone, he would only boost against "stronger" units. Something like "compare the figure's defense number to AM's defense. If the other figure's is higher, replace AM's attack and defense with this number." Just my

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

RIP George Perez
Old September 30th, 2010, 02:00 PM

Oh, gees, that sounds tough to word correctly, Spidey. I'm willing to let you have a shot at it, though!
I guess with these concerns, I'll hold off on testing for a bit. But I've got my eye on it still.

Old September 30th, 2010, 04:22 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
I have a twofold question: why is he absorbing all of a person's stats? IMO, only people more powerful than he is normally should be able to boost him. (Without a boost, he can swing his Ball and Chain so he is pretty tough without a boost.) Why does someone like Angel boost him to higher than he is normally? Angel is actually weaker than Absorbing Man. Thematically this write up is not correct IMO.
I would re-work the powers so he only boosts from "stronger" units.

Start with Attack 5 and Defense 5

Ball and Chain could then be a SA and work like the first half of Thor's Hammer Strike

Absorb would have the same odds, but instead of boosting by everyone, he would only boost against "stronger" units. Something like "compare the figure's defense number to AM's defense. If the other figure's is higher, replace AM's attack and defense with this number." Just my
I guess the theme break for me by just swapping defense with stronger units is that Absorbing Man would only get an attack/defense of 6 from Hulk and others with immense power but lower defense.

We'll have to think of something I guess.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old September 30th, 2010, 04:34 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

I agree with Spidey, but also agree with Bats that that would be difficult to word.

Cheers
Old September 30th, 2010, 04:36 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
BALL AND CHAIN
If Absorbing Man has not attempted his Power Absorb special power this round, you may add 3 dice to his attack and defense. When Absobing Man attacks with Ball And Chain, he may attack two additional times. He cannot attack the same figure more than once.

POWER ABSORB
Before moving, Absorbing Man may attempt to Power Absorb. Choose an adjacent Unique Hero or Destructible Object and roll the 20-sided die. Add 8 to the roll if Absorbing Man attempts to Power Absorb a friendly figure or a Destructible Object. Subtract 4 from the roll if Absorbing Man attempts to Power Absorb an opponent's figure with the Tricky personality.
• If you roll 1-4, Absorbing Man receives a wound and his turn immediately ends.
• If you roll a 5-12, nothing happens.
• If you roll a 13 or higher, for the remainder of this round or until Absorbing Man successfully Power Absorbs again this round, you may add the defense number of the chosen Unique Hero or Destructible Object's Army Card to Absorbing Man's attack and defense numbers.

Couldn't we just drop that line and bump his stats then? I am not seeing the point in that text.
Old September 30th, 2010, 04:38 PM

The point is that he's absorbing the strength of his ... um ... ball, rather than absorbing power from another figure. He shouldn't be able to get boosts from both, and the power of his ... err ... ball, isn't something he has as part of his natural state.

Old September 30th, 2010, 04:57 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
BALL AND CHAIN
When Absobing Man attacks with Ball And Chain, he may attack two additional times. He cannot attack the same figure more than once.

POWER ABSORB
Before moving, Absorbing Man may attempt to Power Absorb. Choose an adjacent Unique Hero or Destructible Object and roll the 20-sided die. Add 8 to the roll if Absorbing Man attempts to Power Absorb a friendly figure or a Destructible Object. Subtract 4 from the roll if Absorbing Man attempts to Power Absorb an opponent's figure with the Tricky personality.
• If you roll 1-4, Absorbing Man receives a wound and his turn immediately ends.
• If you roll a 5-12, nothing happens.
• If you roll a 13 or higher, for the remainder of the game or until Absorbing Man successfully Power Absorbs again this game, you may replace the defense number of the chosen Unique Hero or Destructible Object's Army Card for Absorbing Man's attack and defense numbers.

How is that? As worded, I would only use the power when it benefitted me. I would say give him 5/4 stats. That way he can be boosted by nearly anyone with 5 defense or better.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

RIP George Perez
Old September 30th, 2010, 05:19 PM

Hahma just gave me a call because he was in transit, but he had an idea to make it so you could only absorb from units with Super Strength, which I like because they should always be boosting him whereas figures without it usually shouldn't.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library