Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old January 30th, 2011, 11:47 AM
Bot Bloodhound

Fen_Hydra has disabled reputation
Re: Question Dump: Post Your Questions Here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassistofDoom View Post
Ogre Pulverizers give Counterstrike to everyone they attack. Warriors of Ashra also only need 1 shield to defend from a melee attack. If an Ogre attacks a Warrior and rolls 2 skulls, and then the Warrior rolls 2 shields, is that Counterstrike? Because the first shield blocks the skulls and the second shield is technically excess.
I think that someone a while ago answered that this would give the ogre a wound, but I'm not positive.
Old January 30th, 2011, 12:37 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fen_Hydra View Post
Quote:
Ogre Pulverizers give Counterstrike to everyone they attack. Warriors of Ashra also only need 1 shield to defend from a melee attack. If an Ogre attacks a Warrior and rolls 2 skulls, and then the Warrior rolls 2 shields, is that Counterstrike? Because the first shield blocks the skulls and the second shield is technically excess.
I think that someone a while ago answered that this would give the ogre a wound, but I'm not positive.
You are correct. It would give the Ogre a wound.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old January 30th, 2011, 01:30 PM

BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rym View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fen_Hydra View Post
Quote:
You are correct. It would give the Ogre a wound.
Ok thank you both!
Old January 30th, 2011, 01:48 PM
Scenariographer

xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

If you scroll to the bottom of the page to search this thread, got advanced, put in counter strike, you get 16 results from the thread to find your answer. Easy peasy.

Guess I'm getting back into Scape
Old January 30th, 2011, 02:13 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by xraine69 View Post
If you scroll to the bottom of the page to search this thread, got advanced, put in counter strike, you get 16 results from the thread to find your answer. Easy peasy.
Searching this thread can come in very handy. That's something I didn't realize I could do until relatively recently.

Highly recommended. You can do the same thing when, for instance, looking for analysis of a particular map in the BoV thread. Want to find all the discussion of Blackroot? Use the 'search the thread' feature.

Pro tip from xraine.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old January 30th, 2011, 05:50 PM
Scenariographer

xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

There are 3 ways to search.
1) Search the forums, located at the top op the page next to FAQs.

2) Search a particular forum. Scroll to the bottom of the page.

3) Search a thread. Scroll to the bottom of the page.

There are a couple of locations on just about every page that leads to the search function.

If you seek it, you will find it....if it is present.

Old January 30th, 2011, 06:51 PM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
There are 3 ways to search.
1) Search the forums, located at the top op the page next to FAQs.

2) Search a particular forum. Scroll to the bottom of the page.

3) Search a thread. Scroll to the bottom of the page.

There are a couple of locations on just about every page that leads to the search function.

If you seek it, you will find it....if it is present.

There is also a "Search This Thread" in the header at the top of the page.

~Z

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread
Old January 31st, 2011, 02:06 AM

lxnrhinners has disabled reputation

~ If we knew the meaning of life, life would have no meaning. ~

Last edited by lxnrhinners; January 31st, 2011 at 02:29 AM. Reason: double-post
Old January 31st, 2011, 02:13 AM

EDIT - I read the rulebook. Never mind.
(By the way, the answer is "YES." You don't need to answer this, but I'll keep this post up as reference for others...

Okay, a slightly silly question, but...

When building a map, would you be able to put ladder rungs on two adjacent sides of a hex?

Well, okay, I know it's physically possible, but would it technically be legal to move from one ladder rung to a same-level ladder rung in this manner? (see ex. 1, below)

On the same note, could one move from a ladder rung to a same-level ladder rung with a different--but adjacent--Landing Space? (see ex. 2)

Code:
L = ladder piece
"shaded" hex = hex that the ladders are attached to

EX 1:                EX 2:
     \__/
  \__/  \__          ZZ\__/
__/ZZ\L_/            ZZ/L \__/
  \ZZ/L \__            \__/  \__
  /  \__/              /  \_L/ZZ
     /  \                 /  \ZZ
~LX

Old January 31st, 2011, 01:53 PM

XDVincent knows what's in an order marker XDVincent knows what's in an order marker XDVincent knows what's in an order marker

I don't see why you couldn't... I mean it is you're map...
Old January 31st, 2011, 06:50 PM
Scenariographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDVincent View Post
Because he wanted a legal build by the rules.

Old February 1st, 2011, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by XDVincent View Post
Because he wanted a legal build by the rules.
Well, yes, that too, xraine69 -- but what I was really looking for was checking about moving figures from one ladder to another... and like I said, I found the answer myself (yes they can ). I just thought I'd leave my full post up so that if others come here with the same question (and hopefully search this thread before posting first ), they could find out the answer without even needing to ask!

BRAINCRACK.

My next question:

What if we started a thread called "The Answer Dump," which would take the best answers (and questions from this thread and put them in one catch-all easy-reference location?
This would be sort of the FAQ of Heroscapers.com, and everyone would know that, if you need some quick info, The Answer Dump is the best place to go! (This might help with the issue of people asking the same question multiple times in this thread, as well as help remove confusion due to multiple (and possibly even different) answers, long discussions over difficult questions, and rants/getting sidetracked -- all things that, I think, might deter someone from searching the thread to find the answer (at least, that's what their excuses seem to be. )

Just an idea.

~LX

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's