Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old August 14th, 2018, 09:05 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Bookshelf Skyscraper Brainstorming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
I think you may additional 'cannot be targeted lingo', maybe.
Anyway, I like it. May want to call in the CRB.

That worked out fairly smooth, hopefully.
Which part would require targeting language? You mean through the Elevator Doors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
So you no longer want to let people swingline or fly up and down the empty elevator shaft at 1 movement point per level then?
Outside of you and I, that one wasn't getting much love. Probably better to save it for a scenario where you can destroy the Elevator and open up the Elevator Shaft or something like that. Probably too complex a rule system for everyday play.

I definitely don't want to hold up this project over a complex elevator system.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 14th, 2018, 09:13 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I think we could work out the elevator shaft movement, the destruction of the elevator car eliminates the biggest obstacle, literally.
Otherwise, if the elevator car is on the second floor, it would be impossible to use the elevator shaft at all.

Oh, the 'no targeting' would be for the elevator doors. Maybe the 'no engagement' covers it, not sure.
Old August 14th, 2018, 09:31 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
I think we could work out the elevator shaft movement, the destruction of the elevator car eliminates the biggest obstacle, literally.
Otherwise, if the elevator car is on the second floor, it would be impossible to use the elevator shaft at all.

Oh, the 'no targeting' would be for the elevator doors. Maybe the 'no engagement' covers it, not sure.
I'm going to save the elevator shaft stuff for potential future scenarios. No need to muddy the waters for the basic building. And in said scenarios I'd definitely be stacking more than one building to make it more relevant.

There should definitely be a line about Elevator Doors blocking clear sight, though. Good call. I'll add in a bit, Bat Toddler allowing.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 14th, 2018, 06:13 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
I think you may additional 'cannot be targeted lingo', maybe.
Anyway, I like it. May want to call in the CRB.

That worked out fairly smooth, hopefully.
Which part would require targeting language? You mean through the Elevator Doors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
So you no longer want to let people swingline or fly up and down the empty elevator shaft at 1 movement point per level then?
Outside of you and I, that one wasn't getting much love. Probably better to save it for a scenario where you can destroy the Elevator and open up the Elevator Shaft or something like that. Probably too complex a rule system for everyday play.

I definitely don't want to hold up this project over a complex elevator system.
Sorry I've been a bit spotty lately, but Whew! is there a lot to catch up on each day!

So my thought was to get rid of the elevator car and designate elevator spaces as so.

Quote:
Elevator Spaces
When a figure without the Swingline or Flying Special Power would enter an Elevator Space, they must stop their movement. They are considered out of clear sight and untargetable by special powers or attacks. When this figure begins its next turn, that figure must move to any other level Elevator Space and then begin its movement from that space.
Flying figures do not have to stop movement on Elevator Spaces and may move up or down any number of floors, counting each Elevator Space as one space of movement.
Figures with the Swingline or Webline (etc.) Special Power may use their special power from any that would allow entry to an Elevator Space. They may only move up or down using this power and counting each floor as 12(?) levels up or down. Figures moved by Swingline or Webline (etc.) may not end their movement on an Elevator Space.
I know that in rare case this will allow Flying figures or Swingliners to move through spaces where the "elevator" would be, but I believe the normal movement rules would cover this. I think these rules are pretty simple and streamlined but also intuitive.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

RIP George Perez
Old August 14th, 2018, 07:04 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Isn't there an official rule that spaces considered "voids" in maps can't be moved through? I just don't want to cause any confusion by using the incorrect term.
Void is an official term, and you are correct. You cannot move through voids. So that's not the term we want. Just say something like the spaces do not exist.

The point is to get back to a place where the normal rules can take over instead of having to make up rules again for every situation that are already covered in the official rules. Think of it as if we created the building out of HS tiles & we left those 2 spaces out of the build so nothing is there. then just make the rule to handle the fact that an elevator may or may not be there.
Old August 14th, 2018, 08:15 PM

Spidey, I'm feeling pretty happy with the latest version I posted (once I add in the bit about elevator doors blocking clear sight). I'm buying into T-Spinny's point about how you're not really going to be prying the elevator doors open or (he didn't mention this but his comments covered the gist of it: phasing through the elevator car) so people shouldn't really be moving through the elevator shaft. I'll leave any thing more complex for elevator shaft movement for scenario creators. Maybe there can be an Object of Power in an elevator shaft or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Quote:
Isn't there an official rule that spaces considered "voids" in maps can't be moved through? I just don't want to cause any confusion by using the incorrect term.
Void is an official term, and you are correct. You cannot move through voids. So that's not the term we want. Just say something like the spaces do not exist.

The point is to get back to a place where the normal rules can take over instead of having to make up rules again for every situation that are already covered in the official rules. Think of it as if we created the building out of HS tiles & we left those 2 spaces out of the build so nothing is there. then just make the rule to handle the fact that an elevator may or may not be there.
How do you feel about the latest version I posted?

Old August 14th, 2018, 08:17 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Spidey, I'm feeling pretty happy with the latest version I posted (once I add in the bit about elevator doors blocking clear sight). I'm buying into T-Spinny's point about how you're not really going to be prying the elevator doors open or (he didn't mention this but his comments covered the gist of it: phasing through the elevator car) so people shouldn't really be moving through the elevator shaft. I'll leave any thing more complex for elevator shaft movement for scenario creators. Maybe there can be an Object of Power in an elevator shaft or something.
Thanks for still having a sense of humor about things!

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

RIP George Perez
Old August 14th, 2018, 08:22 PM

Hey, they can't all be winners. I think I went through and counted my number of LDs the other day for fun and that number was ... not small.

Old August 15th, 2018, 01:12 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
How do you feel about the latest version I posted?
Looks simpler but I don't like the idea of the "void" (as you rightly pointed out).

If you made it so on maps that have these 2 spaces filled in (meaning that I assume others making this out of foamcore will have the space cut away), that the 2 spaces are considered empty spaces. Then you had an elevator DO that you just place over the spaces. then the normal rules take care of everything else.
Old August 15th, 2018, 08:29 AM

Well the elevator car would only be over two of the spaces at a time and wouldn't need to be a DO (not sure it'd be desirable for it to be destroyed, because then what happens to figures in the elevator?).

I think just not mentioning the spaces at all except to call them elevator shaft spaces may work, since nobody can cross the elevator doors without moving directly into the elevator car anyway.

I do worry if teleports get around this in unclear ways.

Old August 15th, 2018, 08:31 AM

Quote:
OK, how's this for simplified?

ELEVATOR RULES
Elevators are marked on the map by a two hex, movable Elevator Car piece, darkened double hex Elevator Shaft spaces that align vertically on every level of the building, and red Elevator Door lines that separate the Elevator Shaft spaces from the rest of the building. Figures may never move across the Elevator Doors except to enter the Elevator Car or to leave the Elevator Car to return to the rest of the building. Figures on either side of the Elevator Doors from each other are not considered engaged and are not within clear sight of each other. Elevator Shaft spaces cannot be entered or occupied by any figure except those occupying the Elevator Car.

The Elevator Car may only be placed on Elevator Shaft spaces. On its turn, either instead of moving or instead of attacking, a figure occupying the Elevator Car may move it. To move the Elevator Car, place it on any other set of vertically aligned Elevator Shaft spaces in the building, keeping any figures occupying inside the car.
OK, edited. I think just taking out that void phrase by itself should do the trick and the "entered or occupied" language covers teleporters.

Old August 15th, 2018, 09:10 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Nice Bats!

Just to be clear, we are not going to allow any attacks from inside the skyscraper to a figure outside the skyscraper?

Probably best, as you could destroy the elevator car and be in safe place from melee figures.

Hmm, what about figures that can attack and move? You could attack and retreat into the elevator car for safety, especially with someone like Atom or Ragdoll tagging along to fill in the other space.

We may have to have the car doors open.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library