Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old July 5th, 2017, 03:47 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: Arch-vile's customs: Crawlers of Lolth! (update 9/17/201

@Arch-vile , I'm sorry to say that a number of your cards (perhaps all of them) appear to have disappeared. As I really like them and am considering picking up some, this seems a real shame to me.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old July 5th, 2017, 04:25 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth
Re: Arch-vile's customs: Crawlers of Lolth! (update 9/17/201

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
@Arch-vile , I'm sorry to say that a number of your cards (perhaps all of them) appear to have disappeared. As I really like them and am considering picking up some, this seems a real shame to me.
Thanks for the interest! I'm surprised anyone still looks at these; I've practically forgotten about them. (I haven't played Heroscape in over a year I imagine.)

Photobucket seems to want me to upgrade to their paid service to allow seeing the images on external sites. Try this link to go directly to my photobucket page where you should be able to see everything, sorted similarly to this thread. If that doesn't work let me know.
Old August 30th, 2018, 10:01 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth
Re: Arch-vile's customs: Fellowship of the Ring (updated 8/2

AV's Lord of the Rings customs
I recently got back into Heroscape thanks to Arena of the Planeswalkers, and I wanted to update my Fellowship of the Ring for an eventual scenario. So here they are! I based them off of Sherman Davies & Super Bogue's cards, but mine ended up fairly different overall.

I designed these heroes around The Fellowship power; it's a super simple way to have a group of unique heroes act as a pseudo-squad. Then, each hero gets two other abilities to round out their arsenal. It was key to give every character a distinct role while keeping them thematic and not too powerful, despite their insane feats in the movies. The complete Fellowship comes out at 800 points exactly.

Aragorn is the powerhouse of the Fellowship. Engaging Strike means you rush Aragorn into battle, and his high attack means he will be killing things each turn. King of Men provides defense for himself and his allies, so long as they stay close!

Boromir gives the Fellowship multiple attacks per turn, and has a thematic last stand when he is destroyed. Rush him into enemy lines and it doesn't matter if he is destroyed, he will continue to kill orcs until the end of the round.

Legolas provides the other multiple attack option, and is the only long range in the Fellowship's arsenal (Gandalf, Merry, and Pippin do have short-ranged attacks, but the rest are melee only!). Legolas is super fragile though, so he needs to be protected.

Gimli is a defensive powerhouse, and has the second-highest attack of the Fellowship. He's probably the most boring of the Fellowship, but the simplicity suits his character and playstyle.

Gandalf provides support as well as just generally solid stats. Flame of Anor helps with Ringwraiths (lower down in this post). You Shall Not Pass is thematic and essential for protecting Frodo (or anyone). Fly, You Fools provides a movement option much faster than the 2-cards-per-turn The Fellowship normally allows.

Frodo has higher stats than the rest of the hobbits, thanks to his mithril armor. The One Ring increases his stats higher, but at great risk. Sting allows him to run away once per turn. It's a bit of an overpowered ability when facing only melee orcs or goblins, but the scenarios I've run have included other species and ranged attackers on the enemy side.

Sam is Frodo's protector, but he'll lend a helping hand to the other Hobbits or Legolas too. He and Boromir are usually the first of the Fellowship to die.

Merry & Pippin are two sides of the same coin. Both can throw rocks to get a range 3 attack. Merry gets a slight bonus to attack, and Pippin to defense. Neither is particularly useful, but even still, these small Hobbits can cast a very large shadow. Once the more prominent Fellowship members fall, it falls to them to protect the Ringbearer.

I liked having Merry & Pippin mirror each other, though I would have liked a Barrow-Blade power for Merry and some sort of song power for Pippin. In the end I decided simplicity was best, as the player would already be dealing with 9 unique cards when using the full Fellowship.

That's it for the Fellowship, so let's see some of their enemies.

Lurtz is the Uruk-hai that kills Boromir and has a fight with Aragorn. He's very strong offensively but once surrounded he's easily disposed of. The Blade Gruts & Heavy Gruts from Heroscape serve as the Orcs & Uruks, respectively.

This is not my creation; it is a wonderful custom by Sherman Davies. I'm including it here because it's necessary to understand Gandalf's Flame of Anor power. The Aura of Terror affects everyone except Gandalf, and those that Gandalf is near. Once Gandalf falls the Ringwraiths become far deadlier.

That's it for now. Hopefully I will make more new customs in the future.
Old August 30th, 2018, 10:13 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Nice set of customs! Always good to see people getting back into the game.
Old September 2nd, 2018, 11:46 PM
Archie

Thanks superfrog! Here's my last new customs for a while. If/when I ever make more I'll try and remember to post them here.

This is a repainted figure by Orgsbane I won in a custom creating contest he ran years ago. I finally got around to printing a card for it. Animated Web can be very powerful in the endgame if there's only a couple enemies left. Arachnify is just goofy fun.

I changed my old spider squad so that my Drow heroes (except Pelloth) would actually be useful. I haven't used them yet so who knows how they'll perform.

Based on the Brothers Tor custom by Annerios.

Another untested one. He's a cheap way to help out a friendly demon (which is a bit of an oxymoron). I only have some Skull Demon proxies; he'd probably be a lot scarier with better demons.

Sheriff Lincoln is my way of making the cowboys into a viable army. Counting the C3V outlaws, they come to equal 500 points exactly. I originally had a common hero alien Lawman figure, but that didn't work great by itself, and it messed with the theme of the wild west. Sheriff Lincoln fixes both those problems.
Old September 16th, 2018, 11:55 AM
Archie

One more new card today. I think the Varkaanans are the C3V's greatest creation and they are so much fun to play. I had this miniature for years and could never think of anything interesting to do with it. I think I've finally found a fun power set for him this time.

Disengage is new for the Varks, giving Shalasha a niche. He's got a spirit, just like the other Vark heroes, though his spirit is probably the weakest one (depending on your opponent's army). Finishing Blow Special Attack is one of my favorite powers I've come up with. I think it works especially well on a figure with a spirit power, so even if it fails, you're not too sad.
Old September 16th, 2018, 02:20 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
One more new card today. I think the Varkaanans are the C3V's greatest creation and they are so much fun to play. I had this miniature for years and could never think of anything interesting to do with it. I think I've finally found a fun power set for him this time.

Disengage is new for the Varks, giving Shalasha a niche. He's got a spirit, just like the other Vark heroes, though his spirit is probably the weakest one (depending on your opponent's army). Finishing Blow Special Attack is one of my favorite powers I've come up with. I think it works especially well on a figure with a spirit power, so even if it fails, you're not too sad.
I really like this card, very cool. Also really enjoying your LOTR cards. I cant help but to think the Fellowship ability reminding me of my old Republic Commandoes Customs I had made that had the Delta Team ability that kept them together. I may have to put them back on here because I'm not sure the HOSS ones will ever get made. Great Stuff Arch.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old September 17th, 2018, 07:56 PM
Archie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
I really like this card, very cool. Also really enjoying your LOTR cards. I cant help but to think the Fellowship ability reminding me of my old Republic Commandoes Customs I had made that had the Delta Team ability that kept them together. I may have to put them back on here because I'm not sure the HOSS ones will ever get made. Great Stuff Arch.
Thanks TREX. The Delta Team would be cool to see. It's a shame it seems like HOSS has stagnated, but I'm glad we were able to finish up the OT before that happened. I have plenty of other Star Wars figures I need to eventually make HOSS-compatible cards for.
Old September 19th, 2018, 10:42 PM
Archie

Re: Arch-vile's customs: Fellowship of the Ring (updated 9/2

I'm almost done converting the last of my miniatures into customs. Here's two more I thought up today.

Flobendis combines Acolarh and the Quorik Warwitch. He's got some nice synergy with the Greenscale Warriors, but the extra move doesn't help them that much since Flobendis is so slow.

Ernest Boone is a super simple design. He's not the flashiest, but he does exactly what you'd expect a big game hunter to do.
Old September 24th, 2018, 11:37 PM
Archie

Re: Arch-vile's customs (updated Sept. 2018)

Here are some archers! There are surprisingly few archer heroes in Heroscape.

Keyalis is a simple figure that pairs well with the Venoc Warlord. She's a swingy filler unit, similar to the various cowboys.

Slorm is also a filler unit. I liked the idea of a cowardly goblin archer. He runs as soon as he's shot at, and only shoots at foes who are already fighting someone else.
Old September 24th, 2018, 11:41 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Scatter on a hero is one of the cleverest things I've seen. Not sure if he's worth the 20 points, though. I might bump his range to 6.
Old September 25th, 2018, 12:49 PM
Archie

His bow is so tiny I felt a range of 6 would be pushing it. He's probably not worth the 20 points though, I agree. Marcu is obviously better but Slorm is the cheapest ranged filler figure, so 15 points might be too few. He's certainly more of a thematic card than a competitive one.

I'd be interested in seeing Scatter on a hero with more survivability. There's potential there for really interesting gameplay, especially for a melee hero who wants to take a few hits in order to move faster or engage specific enemies.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards