Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old January 19th, 2007, 11:12 PM

King's Knight knows what's in an order marker King's Knight knows what's in an order marker
Kings Knight's customs: new, Skandranon

Permanent headline: New stuff will always be at the top of the list here. Also a timeline and list of stuff I'm working on is at the bottom. See my mods and repaints here.

Here are a couple of tweaked official cards I know that they Taelord isn't all that original, but there are a few of the real units that I plan to house rule slightly. Also, I plan to clean up the fonts later as the ones I have currently are kinda crappy:

Here's the Gryphon. The name and paint scheme come from the book The White Gryphon by Mercedes Lackey. Anyway, not too much else to say...

This is the last of my Raelin customs. I've seen a number of ways to do a luck aura, but none of them excited me at all and I like this marker way alot better. All other 20-sided influncing figures don't have a range restriction (for obvious reasons...) anyway... here she is. The marker I use is just a standard round marker with a gold trim.

This is the third of my alternet Raelins. Originally I'd planned on giving her a pistol or two and having the last ability Stealth dodge but that seemed a bit uninspired. Then as I was working on her gun I had thought about giving her deadly shot, but again that seemed to diminish the fact that I wanted her a defensive character, but I couldn't think of a way to make her unique untill I desided that her aura should be friendly and also she should have sighting to go along with the gun (don't have any micorps yet so it's a new ability to me...) Anyway the only thing I'm unsure of is her cost which I'll need to play test her a bit to see how that is (I'm thinking of the 100-120 range...)

09/23 Changed the second power completely and increased the cost by 20

He may be a little cheap... and Maximilius isn't a very original name but it's a name... Originally I'd had him with more life and defense, but I figured 7 life (not a tough as some of the dragons, but up there with Valguard...) and 6 defense but I figured 4 def with Really Tough would be enough to represent a rhino...

Too tired to think of anything to say about these guys, put the card together in the time it takes to listen to the new podcast with Tom Vasel and most of last weeks Jick Show (I.E. about 2 hours...)

At Turtleboy and JustJohn's suggestion, I changed these guys so that they can only Stimpac once per turn. After a little playtesting and consideration, I could see that they were right, 'cause with height, Marcus, and upgrade, double stimpac would be ridiculesly powerful...

This guy I had an idea for awhile back, and painted several figures for them, but finally now put them on the card... I'd like to make some sort of omnicron hero, but that's down the road a bit. Anyway, here it is, the Omnicron scout. (Alternate pose cards to come as I getaroundtoit)

My new pride and joy(s). The Cavaliers of Weston. Actually I didn't want them "of Weston" but I forgot to paint the shield and only noticed that I hadn't when I was cropping them into the picture for the card... anyway they'll stay "of Weston" till I deside to paint the shield at which point they'll become Cavalier champions...

For the charging ability I totally ripped-off (with his permission...) Bloodthorn's idea from his Cavalry of Weston custom Which you can see here.

Repainted a set of Amorcs to be actual "protectors" haven't tested these guys much yet, so I may either drop their defense 1 and/or my the protective guardian power Ullar exclusive.

This squad was based on an idea I had while trying to think of a way to put Mystique into Marvelscape. Now granted, the ability would be more along the lines of a Rogue character, but I think it adds a new twist to unique squads. (Doesn't hurt common ones either...) the figures used are all fromp marvel heroclix, they are Sage, Mystique, and Black Widow.

Finally I finished a figure I've been working on for quite some time now, the mindshackled Dark Raelin from the heroscape comic. I tried to have her card mimic the story of the comic somewhat. Dragon Rider is the result of Ke-mo-she trying to bond her to mimring and make him invincible. And the relentless personality was a result of comparing her to other Utgar Kyrie. Taelord and the minions are relentless and Runa is tricky. In the comics her actions seem more relentless then tricky.

At some point I'll do a Vydar and Ullar version of Raelin as well, but that's down the road (actually already have cards for them though...)

After Painting a Sir Hawthorne, I had 3 spare KoW. One of them has this really cool warhammer (Valguard is the only other figure I know of with a warhammer...) and I thought it'd be cool to make a guy with abilities related to his weapon. The hardest thing was trying to not make him conflict with Dendrick, Hawthorne, and MacDirk... anyway here he is...

Here's an Utgar Lawman I came up with awhile back, it just took some time to find a figure that worked (though to play him we just proxied with one of the other lawmen...)

Also I did copied JustJohn's Einar Raelin repaint (found here) And made a card for her as well... (next project will be the Utgar Raelin from the comics, then a Raelin for Vydar and Ullar to complete the set)

Terra the steel knight

As far as I can tell, the figure is Gaia the Fierce Knight (or Swift Gaia the Fierce Knight) from Yu-Gi-Oh, possibly the Capsul Monster game... I'm not exactly sure, 'cause I found him in a toy bin at goodwill.
We (the people I play with...) have done some play testing with him, and he is not underpriced/overpowered (imho) even though at first glance it might seem that way...
P.S. he uses DW9K's base

[edit] life and move have both been reduced by 1, and cost has been increased by 5. Fierce Charge has been changed to be instead of attacking. [/edit]

Renamed to be Major R-12 to work with another upcoming custom...

He's the Heroclix Marvel Titanium Man figure. A comic store near (realitivly) me had a bucket of figures for $.50 each... there were quite a few of him in there... he uses Sgt. Drake Alexander's base.

Ideas/Projects to do (updated 07/21/07):

War elephant (creature for figure, not modded yet)
Iorek Bernison
Another big primadon hero
Triceretops rider
Taelord gatling mod
Titanium Soldier, common hero version

List of Changes:

09/23/07 Changed the Omnicron Scout's name (now Gammacron Scout) and reduced the wordiness of his first power; Reduced Maximilius' height by 2 and added a move restriction to his special attack; Reduced Madregaus' attack by 1 and cost by 10; Changed Magnor's second ability completely and increased his cost by 20; Tweaked the Mistresses Undercover power to make it more interesting and reduced the power of Faked Death; Changed Xyran's name to Major R-12 and increased his move to 6 (to compensate for the loss of the soldier class...)
07/21/07 Added Skandranon
06/05/07 Added Vydar Raelin
05/18/07 Tweaked the Shock Troopers
05/14/07 Added Maximilius (the Rhino rider) and Magnor (Brunak 9k)
05/13/07 Added the Shock Troopers
03/31/07 Added Omnicron scout card
03/22/07 Added Guarding Onyx Vipers and Cavaliers of Weston
03/15/07 Added Mistresses of Disguise and a preview of the Guardian Onyx Vipers
02/24/07 A few card touch-ups, changed Einar Raelin's third power to 1 automatic shield against special attacks, put Sinclaire on his card
02/23/07 Added Utgar Raelin
02/22/07 Added Madregaus
02/11/07 Added Sinclaire, the GitS Nakitias, and Einar Raelin
01/19/07 Reduced Terra's move and life by 1, increased cost by 5

You can see stuff that I'm not ready to post (for whatever reason...) here.

Last edited by King's Knight; January 29th, 2009 at 11:54 PM. Reason: New Stuff
Old January 20th, 2007, 12:14 AM

QBakies has disabled reputation
Terra the Steel Knight - He does seem overpriced being that he has a movement of 8, 7 life, and a possible 6 attack. Also I don't understand Fierce Charge at all. It states that as he moves he gets to attack everyone he 'disengages' during the move.

"Each attack occurs normally at the point of disengagement with each figure rolling for any disengagement penalties before the attack."

That sentence makes no sense to me.

Xyran - I like this one. The pic is a bit blurry and needs to be centered a bit more but I like the abilities for the price.
Old January 20th, 2007, 12:23 AM

King's Knight knows what's in an order marker King's Knight knows what's in an order marker
Basicly he moves around disegaging various enemies. The First guy rolls a passing swipe, then he rolls 3 attack (or whatever a normal attack at that point would be) and the attacked guy rolls normal defense, on to the next guy. The 7 life and 8 move are to take advantage of this ablility...
Old January 20th, 2007, 12:28 AM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!
I think that maybe Terra's life needs to be lowered a bit. Maybe by 2 points. I also think that Feirce charge should be a special attack, saying something like:
Fierce Charge Special Attack
Range 1. Attack 3.
Terra may perform this attack at any time druing his move phase. Perform this attack after disengagement actions have been taken. Terra may perform this attack once for each figure he passes. He may perform this attack multiple times, but may not attack normally after his move phase.

It's a special attack, so it won't be modified by First Assault.
Xyran is very good, and his Rocket Punch is eloquently worded. Good job on this one.
Old January 20th, 2007, 12:34 AM

Actually you guys are probably right, his life and move could come down a bit seeing as if he were used without using the fierce charge he would be a bit powerful... the reason fierce charge is a normal attack is so things like counter attack and tough are still usable. Also it says that it isn't effected by first attack 3... making it exclusive from attacking would make it a bit less complicated too.

[edit] A few changes have taken place... see the first post for info. [/edit]
Old February 11th, 2007, 02:53 PM

New stuff, check out the first post
Old February 22nd, 2007, 02:30 PM

Check the first post...
Old February 23rd, 2007, 05:38 PM

New Dark Raelin. This is a figure I've been working on for quite some time and just finished today. Anyway, the info is in the first post.

Old February 24th, 2007, 11:47 PM

Elendithas has disabled reputation
Holy Crap!

If I ever saw Dark Raelin coming down the street, I would run like heck as fast as my feet would carry me! That aside, you did a great job on the repaints and creations. It always boggles my mind how someone can be so creative. I'm very interested in seeing the other Raelin's. Keep up the great work!

E.
Old February 25th, 2007, 01:29 AM

Thank you, that's nice of you to say. It's actually alot of fun, in fact, making customs is kind of becoming an addiction (though in a good way...)
Old March 6th, 2007, 09:19 AM

Hedge Knight Woo who?
Wow! From one knight to another, you did some fantastic work here!

I especially dig your Einar and Utgar custom Raelins. In fact, I thought I took inspiration from JustJohn when I did a (halfa$$ed) Tagawa mod, but maybe it was you.

Are the new weapons for those Raelins flimsy at all? I have hesitated to glue anything new onto the figures just because I don't want to have to store them carefully and worry about them breaking.

Great, great job King's Knight! Thanks for sharing!
Old March 6th, 2007, 09:24 AM

bad_calvin is surprisingly tart
sent you a pm.
Very nice card and very nice work on the character.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards