Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old October 18th, 2018, 11:27 AM

DocBlizz rolls all skulls baby! DocBlizz rolls all skulls baby! DocBlizz rolls all skulls baby! DocBlizz rolls all skulls baby!
Map legend?

So I'm going through some of these maps and I'm struggling with some, is there a legend somewhere? like I've got pieces that look like a 1 block green piece but with a 10 and then one with an 11 on top of them. Usually, I'd assume this was just 10 and 11 green 1 pieces stacked, but 1) that doesn't seem stable and 2) the finished picture of the map doesn't seem to have that.

I'm specifically talking about this map:
Caravaggio's Ancient Lookout
found here: https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...?do=file&id=83

I know it uses the fortress set so I'm thinking it might be one of the walls, I'm just unclear.

Thanks in advance for the help!

DocBlizz is Otonashi...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX

Last edited by DocBlizz; October 18th, 2018 at 11:29 AM. Reason: error
Old October 18th, 2018, 11:31 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Re: Map legend?

Not sure if there is a legend, sorry. I know there was an official legend, but VirtualScape doesn't always map well to the official legends.

In this case, the "15" piece is the big 4-hex tree. All the "9" pieces are castle walls, and the "B" pieces are the corresponding bases. Pieces with "10", "11", and "12" are the single-hex trees.
Old October 18th, 2018, 11:35 AM

DocBlizz rolls all skulls baby! DocBlizz rolls all skulls baby! DocBlizz rolls all skulls baby! DocBlizz rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Not sure if there is a legend, sorry. I know there was an official legend, but VirtualScape doesn't always map well to the official legends.

In this case, the "15" piece is the big 4-hex tree. All the "9" pieces are castle walls, and the "B" pieces are the corresponding bases. Pieces with "10", "11", and "12" are the single-hex trees.
Awesome! thank you (I dont think I've built a map since last Nov so I'm rusty!)

DocBlizz is Otonashi...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old October 18th, 2018, 11:57 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

No problem. Gotta look out for my Reformed Tabletop Gamers peeps.
Old October 18th, 2018, 12:05 PM

Talking Re: Map legend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
No problem. Gotta look out for my Reformed Tabletop Gamers peeps.
...Hmm Someone appears to be stalking me

DocBlizz is Otonashi...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old October 18th, 2018, 03:35 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

See my Ultimate Battlefield Key
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
I wanted to update the Official Maps & Scenarios compilation to include a one page Battlefield Key, but did not find one suitable. So I made one after hours of work using Fireworks CS3 & CS5 (I have Photoshop, but I was used to Fireworks interface). I exported as flattened PNG and attached it to the Official Maps & Scenarios Download or in gallery.

Please let me know what you think and let me know if I made any mistakes or need to add anything. It should now be complete with all glyphs through D3, however I arbitrarily decided glyph abbreviations for wave D1, D2 & D3. Voice your views on these abbreviations on the glyph abbreviations thread..

Resolution at 150dpi to print 8.5x11
Click on image to enlarge.
Old October 19th, 2018, 11:07 AM

Quote:
See my Ultimate Battlefield Key
Quote:
I wanted to update the Official Maps & Scenarios compilation to include a one page Battlefield Key, but did not find one suitable. So I made one after hours of work using Fireworks CS3 & CS5 (I have Photoshop, but I was used to Fireworks interface). I exported as flattened PNG and attached it to the Official Maps & Scenarios Download or in gallery.

Please let me know what you think and let me know if I made any mistakes or need to add anything. It should now be complete with all glyphs through D3, however I arbitrarily decided glyph abbreviations for wave D1, D2 & D3. Voice your views on these abbreviations on the glyph abbreviations thread..

Resolution at 150dpi to print 8.5x11
Click on image to enlarge.

Thank you! I knew there had to be one out there!

DocBlizz is Otonashi...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old October 19th, 2018, 12:03 PM
This is merely a joke.

Thanks for posting that, lefton4ya!

It is worth noting that that won't always match up with the VirtualScape legend exactly. Dungeon is definitely different (it looks more like the road tiles instead of that green-gray color).

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios