Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

Old December 31st, 2007, 03:15 PM

Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartheyegouger
I traded it in two weeks ago.
Why? For what?

See Valhalla like never before:
Airborne Elite in the
BYZANTINE CAVE...
Old December 31st, 2007, 09:29 PM

Dartheyegouger is surprisingly tart
It's repetitive and shallow.

Marvel Figure Suggestions for Wizards of the Coast
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=15733
Old January 9th, 2008, 09:51 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
The guest characters for SCIV are...

...making me pray this is a massive, intricate hoax. Link in SoulCalibur? OK, he uses a sword, and he's from a medieval period... and the plot makes sense - he travels through dimensions like he so often does. Heihatchi is in the same universe as SoulCalibur. Spawn... though I don't like him, I can't say it didn't make sense.

WHY THE HELL WOULD DARTH VADER WANT SOUL EDGE!?!?! How would he even KNOW about Soul Edge?

Perhaps the stupidest thing Project Soul has ever done. This is the final battle between Siegfried and Nightmare, not some half-baked fanboy matchup between two completely unrelated genres.

...and not only that, but Darth Vader is for the PS3 only! 360 players get stuck with a FRIGGIN' MUPPET!!!

Namco... this is an unforgivable crime. They need something HUGE to win me over now.
Old January 10th, 2008, 06:58 AM

Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker
I was about to curse a lot... but I held it in. I really want an Xbox. By why Star Wars? That cannot be real!

See Valhalla like never before:
Airborne Elite in the
BYZANTINE CAVE...
Old January 10th, 2008, 01:16 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth
Normally, I don't follow much Soul Caliber news, but this kind of stuck out.

Can I post pictures here? I've got a very good one, but it's on my computer, and I don't have a link...
Old January 10th, 2008, 03:53 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
I don't see why not.
Old January 10th, 2008, 04:01 PM

bad_calvin is surprisingly tart
did you see that the new Soul Caliber features Darth Vadar on the pS3 and Yoda on the xbox? heh They look sooooo out of their element.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3165334

Quote:
Soul Calibur and Star Wars fans gather 'round -- while haters grab a six pack of Haterade and their always-ready flamethrowers -- because Namco Bandai has finally released new info on the rumored secret characters set to appear in their highly-anticipated fighter, Soul Calibur IV, and 1UP has 'em first. In case you don't believe your eyes as they scan over these screenshots, you are indeed seeing the legendary purveyor of the Dark Side, Darth Vader, and his Force-wielding nemesis, Yoda.

http://media.1up.com/media?id=3467630

http://media.1up.com/media?id=3467626

http://media.1up.com/media?id=3467625

Yes, we know what you're thinking. You're thinking "What the hell are Darth Vader and Yoda doing in my Soul Calibur sequel?" But how are these two any less logical (or illogical) than Link or Spawn (we'll let Heihachi slide since he's in Tekken)? You're probably also wondering "Where the **** is Luke Skywalker, Darth Maul and Boba Fett?" Well, Boba Fett doesn't really use melee weapons, unless you count that stick on his back that he never uses. But Luke and Darth maul make a lot of sense. While we can't answer all of these questions just now, we suspect that Namco Bandai still has plenty of stuff up their sleeve. Given their recent Ace Combat 6 shenanigans, we wouldn't be surprised to learn that additional Star Wars characters are paid-for downloadable content. It's unlikely that the company would go through all these negotiations with LucasArts to obtain the rights to only two characters, so expect more announcements as we get closer to SCIV's release date.

You might be praying to an assortment of gods above that Han Solo isn't given the carbonite boot in favor of Greedo or some loser from the Cantina scene, or that Anakin Skywalker and Jar-Jar Binks aren't added to the increasingly weird mix. Only time will tell if these characters do or don't make it into the game, but Darth Vader and Yoda have the obvious advantage of being fictional constructs, whereas some of the other possibilities would undoubtedly involve added likeness and licensing costs.

You're also probably wondering about how balanced a fight against Yoda, and his diminutive stature might be. Well, we never said Soul Calibur was perfectly balanced, and he's not that dissimilar to Gon, the tiny, manga dinosaur from Tekken 3 (PS1). All we can say is 'low sweep.' So, peruse these shots and start conjuring up your dream SC vs. SW match in the back of your minds (Taki versus Princess Leia? Light sabers versus Soul Edge? Yes, please!) Who would win? You'll soon be able to find out.

http://media.1up.com/media?id=3467633

http://media.1up.com/media?id=3467628

http://media.1up.com/media?id=3467627
Old January 10th, 2008, 05:19 PM

dragonfire has disabled reputation
Do you read the thread before you post?

My Signature
Old January 10th, 2008, 05:37 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139
I don't see why not.
I meant that to mean: how do I post pictures from my computer?

Sorry...
Old January 10th, 2008, 05:46 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

Ah. Go to imageshack.us, then browse files. Choose one, click upload... then copy and paste the Direct Link (near the bottom).
Old January 10th, 2008, 05:52 PM
...has moist legs

Ah, thanks.

Well, this is what I think of Vader and Yoda in Soul Caliber:

Old January 10th, 2008, 07:50 PM

ares834 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I have a 360 and a wii, so no Vader for me. I am stuck with the stinky migit.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games