Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games
Other Games Board, Card, Video, etc.

Old October 3rd, 2008, 08:54 AM

wk4c knows what's in an order marker wk4c knows what's in an order marker
Best Games Ever - Not just Video Games

So what are your favorite games EVER? The idea is that you can include Sports, Card Games, board games, war games, etc.

If you don't get it with my extremely vague explanation, then perhaps my list can help you out a bit.

1) Karate
2) NFL Street(I use to play this game on my PS2 like, hours on end. As soon as I get it for the Gamecube, I'm playing my Wii till it's dead...Call me weird, but this game is the best Sports game ever. And probably the best game ever, too.)
3) Heroscape
4) Redemption CCG
5) Tennis

Quadraphonic(x2), Hilo-Scaper, SuperflyTNT

1-4/3-1/3-2/3-2
10-9 = 53% Win pct.
Old October 5th, 2008, 12:09 AM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!
Re: Best Games Ever - Not just Video Games

Judo
Heroes of Might and Magic 3, 4, and to some degree 5
Halo
Attacktix
Heroscape
Monopoly
Cranium
Buzz - PS2
Magic Sword (arcade)

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old October 5th, 2008, 12:17 AM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Midnight underwater speed chess!

But seriously, I think Cosmic Encounter is one of the best social board games ever. Period. And I mean the good Mayfair version, with lucre, moons, reverse hexes, all that stuff...not the new one with the plastic ships.

Old October 5th, 2008, 12:23 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

You're counting sports too? Then in no particular order:

Heroscape
Tae Kwon Do
Chess
Fire Emblem Series
Munchkin

There's a whole lot that I like, but these are probably my most favorite.
Old October 5th, 2008, 01:35 PM

wk4c knows what's in an order marker wk4c knows what's in an order marker

Shoulda been more specific in my term "Karate". I meant Ryu Kyu Kempo.

Quadraphonic(x2), Hilo-Scaper, SuperflyTNT

1-4/3-1/3-2/3-2
10-9 = 53% Win pct.
Old October 5th, 2008, 01:47 PM

Anthasu1 rolls all skulls baby! Anthasu1 rolls all skulls baby! Anthasu1 rolls all skulls baby! Anthasu1 rolls all skulls baby! Anthasu1 rolls all skulls baby!

Not in order.

Heroscape
Halo 3
Chromehounds (360)
Chess
Gameboy Fire Emblem Games (Look at my avatar)
Old October 5th, 2008, 02:52 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

This question is way too hard. Where would I start? How do you compare Soccer, Heroscape, Chrono Trigger, and Pinochle? I try thinking of making a list like this, and there are probably 40 games that I couldn't not have on the list.

In stream of consciousness order....

Super Mario Brothers 3 (NES)
Soccer
Tennis
Capture the Flag
Hide and Seek
Civilization (Mac- it had way better graphix )
Masters of Orion 2 (PC/Mac)
Master of Magic (PC)
Shining Force (sega genesis)
Ogre Battle (SNES)
Dark Wizard (sega CD)
Final Fantasy Tactics (PS1)
Chrono Trigger (SNES)
Final Fantasy III (6 in japan)
Pinochle (cards)
Fox and Hounds (on a checkers board)
Heroscape
Settlers of Catan
Descent (the FFG board game)
Halo
Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee (PS1)
Armored Core (PS1)
Lufia and the Fortress of Doom (SNES)
Breath of Fire (SNES)
Connect Four
Monopoly
Risk: 2210 AD
Phantasy Star IV (sega)
Panzer Dragoon Orta (xbox)
Trauma Center: Second Opinion (wii)

There are so many console games that I don't think I could bear to part with, even though I hardly play them any more. There is a huge nostalgia factor for me and these games I played from the ages of 6 to 15.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old October 5th, 2008, 03:29 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Ooh, I forgot Chrono Trigger and Earthbound! My favorite RPG's.
Old October 5th, 2008, 06:32 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

From a childhood perspective, since Jexik got me invoking the nostalgic memories of my youth, my all-time favorite game was old-school pen & paper D&D.

Video game-wise, nothing, and I mean nothing, beat playing Spy Hunter (the arcade game) at the local 7-11, every single day, after school. Although, Street Fighter many years later was a heckuva lot of fun!

Board-games now? Heroscape is by far the game that is head and shoulders above the rest of the crowd and has been for about 2 years now.

All these are my opinions, of course, and you can take them or leave them as you wish.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old October 5th, 2008, 08:56 PM
Needs Reassurance

braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby!

In no order..

Heroscape
Warhammer fantasy
Halo 3(even though I SUCK)
Hiking
Age of mythology
Swimming

Need miniatures painted?

People to trade with: sixthflagbearer

Callipygian girls make the world go 'round.
Old October 5th, 2008, 09:17 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

There's nothing I like better than watching men's Olympic indoor volleyball. Men's college volleyball isn't far behind.
Old October 5th, 2008, 09:31 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

A very notable game for me is the Glorious Game of Mow. The first rule is that it's kind of like Uno. The second rule is that I can't tell you the rest of the rules.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games