Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old August 14th, 2009, 09:39 AM

MyNameIsGrundle Woo who?
Storing/Sorting help

Hi everybody!

(In advance I looked through but didn't see a thread about this so please no "use the search function" replies)

So, pretty straightforward issue. My HS playgroup has assembled a pretty decent sized collection (we just keep all of our stuf together since we only play big multilayer games anyway) and I'm the one who seem to be in charge of the collection. Right now I've got it all sorted out into paper bags in groups like "100+ point squads", "Heroes under 100 points", "Marro squads", "Orc heroes" etc. and that's worked well enough to this point. However, with the release of wave 9 and the rerelease of wave 1 we've amassed more and more squads and the bags are getting pretty full/ripped. So I'm wondering what do you all do to keep your collection manageable. Keep in mind it needs to be transportable as where we play changes. And it needs to be sorted for easy finding since when we play as we draft I have to dig through and find all the figures.

If anyone uses special boxes with dividers or something and can provide a link for where to find them that's be great too.

Thanks!

P.S. we also have all of the large figures (Raknar, Orms, etc.) and they take up a ton of room, so keep them in mind with suggestions.
Old August 14th, 2009, 09:43 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Re: Storing/Sorting help

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsGrundle View Post
Hi everybody!

(In advance I looked through but didn't see a thread about this so please no "use the search function" replies)
Your search-fu is very weak, then. Search "Storage" Thread titles only, get:

Heroscape Storage
Storage and travel options
Figure storage woes
Storage?
Plastic Storage Drawers on Clearance @ Staples in-store
Heroscape storage and cases
HS Storage Devices
Storage Suggestions?

And several more. The pics and suggestions you asked for are in those threads. Enjoy.
Old August 14th, 2009, 09:43 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I tend to use drawer storage boxes from walmart and put the figures in the shorter drawers (same length, just not as tall), with the terrain and such in the deeper drawers. They are stackable so they don't take up too much space.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old August 14th, 2009, 09:45 AM

Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby!

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10.

What search funtion were you using? It is better to revive an old thread than create a new one.

I put them variously sorted in bins.

Quote:
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
Old August 14th, 2009, 09:49 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Just for future reference Grundle, try searching under "Titles Only." That'll get you better results and higher quality threads, since good threads usually have accurately named titles.
Old August 14th, 2009, 09:56 AM

MyNameIsGrundle Woo who?

looked through all those and I think sadly there's no good answer if that's all the options. Most of it is large plastic drawers that don't look too portable. right now i have all the terrain in the original boxes for RotV,SotM, and the castle set in it's own box. and figures in paper bags in a plastic shopping bag and one box with the big fures and a couple other bags with small figures. I can carry all of it in one armload. And most of these options are the kind that would take two or three trips. I guess I'm not sure what I was hoping for, but I had already seen these and was hoping someone had come up with a genius idea beyond these. oh well. thanks anyway everybody.
Old August 14th, 2009, 10:11 AM

Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby!

There will never be a end-all to storage. When you amass a ton of scape, you become a multi-trip person to move it all.

When I first started collecting I bought a tackle box for the figures and used a cardboard box for the terrain.

Then I had to by a second tackle box. And then a tool box. And then two of the plastic wall-side drawer tool holders. All just for figures. Depending on the news announced this afternoon, I may have to buy some else besides.

2011 most played: 1. Heroscape/Monsterpocalypse/Quarriors. 4. Warhammer Invasion. 5. Last Night on Earth.
Old August 14th, 2009, 10:13 AM

Armageddon has disabled reputation

Did you see these "Christmas Ornament Storage Boxes"? You can buy sets and connect them to make a tall carrying case. It sounds like they might be what you are looking for. You can move the dividers to hold larger figures, or twelve slots for squads & heroes.

Dicemaster uses this, and I can verify that they do hold A LOT. Even with all of his figures, he still only uses four layers linked together. (They come unsnapped at the sides for ease of getting into each layer.)

They are for sale on Amazon, E-bay and Shopgetorganized.com

Great Traders: Hilo-scaper, Dicemaster, InfinityMax, Rodriquez, Tmac2200

Last edited by Armageddon; August 14th, 2009 at 10:14 AM. Reason: spelling error
Old August 14th, 2009, 10:17 AM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

I have a few threads in my Index that should help.

Here is one that compares portable options. A classic debate. There is also Onacara's Spider box.

Here is my friends method--very nice, though the more you own the harder portability gets (as has been noted above).

I use the original boxes for terrain; works for me, because I like to keep them separate and clearly marked--i.e. I know exactly what is in a RotV box. But larger Sterilite bins work for them as well.

EDIT: Missed a couple of the later posts while I was fixing a link. Good suggestions here. (I have a friends who uses the ornament boxes and likes that. Me, mine are all in drawers and I only bring the army/ies that I need for a given day. When needed, Blue Dane uses his tackle box/suitcase method for bringing every unit every made x5+, so it is possible to move a large collection.
Old August 14th, 2009, 10:20 AM
a lot of people... think I'm a girl

tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby!

I think you can also use a tackle box. If you are planning on moving in small packages. It may be a tight squeeze and there may be a few things that don't work very well in there, but you may have one lying around the house and it's worth looking into.

I love birdies and butterflies and rainbows and unicorns and glitter.
Old August 14th, 2009, 11:04 AM

Sokol knows what's in an order marker Sokol knows what's in an order marker

Lately I've resorted to dividing my figures into groups (example: elves, marro, soulborg, spies) and putting them into sandwich and gallon-size Ziploc storage bags, then I put all of those into a box. My terrain I keep in Rubbermaid RoughTotes storage bins (the 10 and 17 gallon sizes): Thaelenk Tundra in 1; RttFF and castles in another; master set terrain in 2; etc. The advantage to this method is speed: I can get my terrain and figures out quickly for a game.

One Game to rule them all, One Game to find them,
One Game to bring them all and in their wallets bind them
In the Land of Valhalla where the Valkyrie lie.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion