Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old May 9th, 2008, 10:19 PM
South Florida Wave 8 Grand Champion

Blue Dane is surprisingly tart
Portable Storage for Large Collections

At the beginning, storing figures for Heroscape was easily accomplished. I’ve seen ‘Scapers use all sorts of storage devices to accommodate their collection. Many use the boxes they came in, Rubbermaid containers, card board boxes, shoe boxes and I’ve even seen paper bags. Well, we’re up to Wave 8 and the figures are increasing in numbers.

For average collectors, the means of storing are still very simple……..But, what about the person that has to have it all? The Scaper that loves to use as many commons as could possibly fit in a 24 hex starting zone? What about if you want to bring out a 500 point army of just 4th Mass.? (well, 490 pts.) Or a Venoc only army? Mittens, EOV and Venoc Vipers times 7?……and a better question still; what about if you want to do it all on the fly? You know; right there and then; while you’re at a friend’s house.

Well, if you’re a Squadscaper like me and like to have all the figures available at any time, then the means to store the figures becomes overwhelming. Having over 1200 figures and wanting to bring all of them on a whim’s notice to a fellow Heroscaper’s home, I needed to come to a practical portable storage solution.

The solution for me came via the Plano Boxes Model # 3750 and a Large Suitcase all available at your local Wallyworld. For large or huge figures Office Depot sells a small container that fits perfectly with the Heroscape theme as it has hexes on the bottom that compares to the terrain that we use and love. Here are some pictures.

In this collection, there is only one set of unique figures, but the common figures range between a minimum of 4 and a maximum of 14 on some figures.

The container below fits in perfectly with the Heroscape theme. It is sold at Office Depot in South Florida and the website is www.reallyusefulbox.com. They are incredibly sturdy.

Here is a picture of the suitcase with my Blue Great Dane for comparison. He's 38 inches at the shoulders

You might be asking yourself; well what are you going to do when we're at Wave 12? How are you going to move it all? Well; the suitcase pictured has many pockets that fit the Plano Boxes; so I'm good until Wave 12. The question is; what do I do at Wave 15?

Can't find it? Try the Index | Live in Florida? Belated National Heroscape Day in SoFL
South Florida Game Days |
Old May 9th, 2008, 10:43 PM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Portable Storage for Large Collections

I love pics of other's collections. Thanks for posting man!

"One good thing about music, when it hits, you feel no pain"
http://web.bobmarley.com/index.jsp

"It's not a lie, if you believe it" - George Costanza

Old May 9th, 2008, 11:58 PM

jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

[deleted - see below]

Last edited by jbbnbsmith; May 12th, 2008 at 05:18 PM. Reason: Duplicate Post
Old May 10th, 2008, 12:01 AM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

WOW!!!!!!!

(and the dog is cool too)
Old May 10th, 2008, 12:05 AM

jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Dane View Post

You might be asking yourself; well what are you going to do when we're at Wave 12? How are you going to move it all? Well; the suitcase pictured has many pockets that fit the Plano Boxes; so I'm good until Wave 12. The question is; what do I do at Wave 15?
I love that photo where the glaciers are reflecting off the coffee table.

Nice storage solution. Is that suitcase considered to be "carry on?" I don't think I'd want the TSA agents searching through all those plano boxes!
Old May 10th, 2008, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbbnbsmith View Post
I love the way the glaciers reflect off the coffee table in your last picture.

Nice storage idea. Now is that considered a "carry on?" Can you imagine the TSA searching through those plano boxes.
I hadn't noticed the reflection. Looks cool!

Unfortunately, I don't think this could be considered as a carry on, it's too big, and I don't think I'll take a chance to leave the suitcase out of my sight. So if I decide to go to GenCon, it's sure going to be a long ride from Miami.

Can't find it? Try the Index | Live in Florida? Belated National Heroscape Day in SoFL
Old May 10th, 2008, 12:39 AM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby!

Nice carrying case!
Now get some initials on the bottoms of those figures!
Old May 10th, 2008, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour View Post
Blasphemy!!!

Thou shalt not mutilate your Heroscape figures.

Old May 10th, 2008, 02:30 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Dane View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour View Post
Blasphemy!!!

Thou shalt not mutilate your Heroscape figures.
Rookie.
Old May 10th, 2008, 02:37 AM

Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby!

I just might copy this for my figures... the Iris drawers in my storage tower thread work ok for the terrain, but I need to do something else with the figures.
Old May 10th, 2008, 08:26 AM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

Nice solution, Blue Dane. Thank you for posting the photos.
Old May 10th, 2008, 08:42 AM

Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun

Yes, thanks for posting. Very cool.

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion