Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old July 28th, 2018, 01:45 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Michael Myers (Vote for Initial Playtesting)

Don't have much to add here. A little curious to see exactly how that defense power plays out in a game setting. yea
Old July 28th, 2018, 02:26 AM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Crap, ok I totally missed something here. So, against an army that can only offer one destruction opportunity per player turn, you can keep Myers alive indefinitely just by only taking one turn a round. Which... I mean most armies can try to deal with that early if they need to, but it is still a guaranteed win in some cases and I don't think we want him to be that good at clean-up. Sorry, I was asleep at the wheel here and just sort of added in a 'numbered' into the power like on Temporal Defense.

Anyway, I think it needs a 'numbered' or some other restriction in there. The 'numbered' restriction still lets him stall until he wins initiative, but I don't really consider that a big problem.

Again, sorry about this. Pretty bad thing for me to miss when I looked at this guy twice.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old July 28th, 2018, 02:36 AM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Is that accurate?

Opposing team wins initiative:

Turn 1 = Myers removes X
Turn 1 For Myers
Turn 2 = Myers removes OM3
Turn 2 for Myers
Turn 3 = All Order Markers used so he must take the wound.

If Myers team wins initiative:

Turn 1 for Myers
Turn 1 = Myers removes X
Turn 2 for Myers
Turn 2 = Myers removes OM3
No Turn 3 for Myers
Turn 3 = Myers has no OMs left and is killed

I don’t think he’s got any way of completely avoiding it for a full round. Though it could be prevented if the player is denied a turn by Diablo or they lose a turn etc. Hmmm...not sure. I don’t want it to become too easy to take him out with such low defense but obviously we want to avoid an unfun scenario.
Old July 28th, 2018, 02:41 AM

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Nvm, I see what you’re saying if you remove the first 2 numbered Order Markers before the X you can always have 1 unrevealed on there and give up all but one of your turns for the rounds he loses initiative, to prevent his death.
Old July 28th, 2018, 02:48 AM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

See in your example you're starting from the X and working 3,2,1 from there, which sounds like the right play but isn't. There's nothing forcing you to do it in that order, though we could use that as a new restriction, so the 'right' way to go is:

On an initiative win:

Your turn 1: Myers reveals your OM1 for a turn
Their turn 1: Myers defends with your OM2
Your turn 2: Nothing happens
Their turn 2: Myers defends with your OM3
Your turn 3: Nothing happens
Their turn 3: Myers defends with your OMX

and on a loss:

Their turn 1: Myers defends with your OMX
Their turn 2: Myers defends with your OM2
Their turn 3: Myers defends with your OM3

Repeat for effectively infinite attacks until he eventually wears the other side down.

EDIT: Ninja'd a bit

My Etsy Store
Old July 28th, 2018, 03:03 AM

Perhaps this approach will get across the same “hard to kill, and when you think you did, he won’t stay down” type mechanic we’re going for:

UNNATURAL RESILIENCE
Whenever Michael would be destroyed or receives enough wounds to be destroyed in any way except by this special power, you may instead:
• place a Wound Marker on this card; or
• reveal an “X” Order Marker on this card to receive no wounds.
Old July 28th, 2018, 03:16 AM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

I like that take, makes him more even keel and less of an end game super-Isamu. That will let him keep more value as a mid-game ‘surprise slasher attack!’ play, which makes more sense then him slugging it out in solo one-on-one matches in the end game anyway. He’s surprisingly tough for a normalish guy, but not really someone Superman should have to expend a crazy effort over several splash pages to put down.

Sorry again for missing the wonkyness the first two times around.

My Etsy Store
Old July 28th, 2018, 03:23 AM

All good. I think it captures the same mechanic and intent without allowing for such stalling. It’s supposed to be a “...how are you not dead?” feel rather than superheroes struggling over several rounds to finish him off. Giving him the 1 wound to avoid being one shotted, allowing him to get back up from a big attack, or a once per round avoiding being killed when on his last legs, is plenty to get that across. We can always dial stats and stuff to make sure it feels right from there.
Old July 28th, 2018, 04:44 AM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Yea looks good now.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez and Stan Lee
Old July 28th, 2018, 07:13 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

yea
Old July 28th, 2018, 09:47 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I dunno, I'd kind of prefer to see it as a "remove numbered OM" sort of power? I sort of pictured it as "he gets knocked down, but he gets up again" - you keep him alive but it takes time to climb back up.
Old July 28th, 2018, 10:08 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

So if it were numbered only, in a one-on-one vs. Superman it’d look like this:

On an initiative win:

Their turn 1: Myers defends with your OM2
Their turn 2: Myers defends with your OM3
Their turn 3: Myers can get hit.

and on a loss:

Their turn 1: Myers defends with your OM1
Your turn 1: Nothing happens
Their turn 2: Myers defends with your OM2
Their turn 3: Myers defends with your OM3
Your turn 3: Nothing happens.

Seems super obnoxious, but tactically I guess you’re trading single attacks over two rounds, which should lose to a tougher foe.

Still, the potential for grindy turtling play seems less appealing than Arkham’s proposed revision.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library