Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old February 15th, 2008, 08:41 AM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!
Braxas Poisonous Acid Breath

My wife was using Braxas last night and a question on his special attack came up. For Poisonous Acid Breath it states:
Quote:
Instead of attacking, you may choose up to 3 different small or medium figures withing 4 clear site spaces of Braxas. One at a time. roll the 20-sided dice for each chosen figure.
Now the question is, can you pick only one figure and use all three D20 rolls on the same figure? I do not think so, but the way it is worded makes it confusing.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old February 15th, 2008, 09:12 AM

HeroscapeLunatic has disabled reputation
It's saying that you can choose up to 3 targets, but they must be different. If there aren't 3 available, then you must choose 2 different, or just one figure period.

You may not use the attack on the same figure more than once.
Old February 15th, 2008, 09:13 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
The Book Of Braxas would be the best place for this question. (in the some vein, questions about any unit would best fit in the appropriate 'Book of')

My understanding of the ability is that Braxas must target different units. Up to three if there are three in range.
Old February 15th, 2008, 09:17 AM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
I think it is generally agreed that the word "different" is there to indicate that you cannot attack the same figure more than once per turn with Braxas.
Old February 15th, 2008, 10:02 AM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!
Thanks for the feedback guys. I thought as you do, that you can only attack a single figure one time. It was more what it didn't say that confused me I think. Other cards like Nilfhhim's specifically states "You cannot attack the same figure more then once". Also, I am a bit confused as to what a "special attack" is, and what isn't. I just assumed that all special abilities that can cause harm or kill an opponent would be a special attack. But reading Braxas's book, it stated that Acid breath is NOT a special attack. Does this mean that any D20 ability is not considered an attack? In order to be an attack it must involve rolling the attack dice?

P.S. In the future I will try to remember to put these type of post in the appropriate figures book.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old February 15th, 2008, 10:11 AM

guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker
Also, Braxus is a lady dragon, unless you interpret 'Queen' differently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
Did you lose your saving throw vs. Fabulous?
B.U.D.
Old February 15th, 2008, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guido
Also, Braxus is a lady dragon, unless you interpret 'Queen' differently.
Ohhh, Dragon Queen, NOT drag queen. My bad

Old February 15th, 2008, 10:22 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo
Also, I am a bit confused as to what a "special attack" is, and what isn't. I just assumed that all special abilities that can cause harm or kill an opponent would be a special attack. But reading Braxas's book, it stated that Acid breath is NOT a special attack. Does this mean that any D20 ability is not considered an attack? In order to be an attack it must involve rolling the attack dice?
If it doesn't say Special Attack in the name, it's not a special attack.
Old February 15th, 2008, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies
If it doesn't say Special Attack in the name, it's not a special attack.
I reckon that's simple enough. Thank you.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units