Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers
Meet Other Scapers Find other scapers in your area

Old February 18th, 2016, 11:04 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Utah soundoff

@adoney , I believe this covers the details?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dart48 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by adoney View Post
So is the tourney in March gunna happen?! Cause...for @Tiranx and I, It's taken a good 3-4 weeks at least for us to plan our smaller tourney here in Rexburg...but if we do a tourney in March in Pocatello I think we're going to get a really large turnout, people from both Utah and Idaho, and it's going to take a lot to coordinate everything. I'm more than willing to help out b/c I know @dart48 was taking most of the initiative and that's a lot for him to have to do alone. So I think we outta get at least a couple people in on planning this, if it's going to happen March 19th (6 weeks away)? Thoughts?
It'll happen. TREX and his group I know are maybes. My group from Burley is planning on it. I can handle getting a place and whatnot. I'll just need help with maps because I don't have anywhere near enough tiles for all the maps. Everyone planning on attending, please let me know beforehand so I can know what to plan for.

As it sits right now, it's gonna be a standard swiss system 500 pt tournament with c3v/sov/hoss ok.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old February 18th, 2016, 01:58 PM

dart48 knows what's in an order marker dart48 knows what's in an order marker

That's still the plan. It's getting close to start planning guys!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
@adoney , I believe this covers the details?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dart48 View Post
Quote:
So is the tourney in March gunna happen?! Cause...for @Tiranx and I, It's taken a good 3-4 weeks at least for us to plan our smaller tourney here in Rexburg...but if we do a tourney in March in Pocatello I think we're going to get a really large turnout, people from both Utah and Idaho, and it's going to take a lot to coordinate everything. I'm more than willing to help out b/c I know @dart48 was taking most of the initiative and that's a lot for him to have to do alone. So I think we outta get at least a couple people in on planning this, if it's going to happen March 19th (6 weeks away)? Thoughts?
It'll happen. TREX and his group I know are maybes. My group from Burley is planning on it. I can handle getting a place and whatnot. I'll just need help with maps because I don't have anywhere near enough tiles for all the maps. Everyone planning on attending, please let me know beforehand so I can know what to plan for.

As it sits right now, it's gonna be a standard swiss system 500 pt tournament with c3v/sov/hoss ok.
Old February 18th, 2016, 02:12 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

@dart48, are we going to have a $5.00 fee for a prize winning as well? I liked the idea of getting a store credit or something like that. Also, I'm coming up to Pocatello next Monday on the 22nd, and might pick up the squad of dzu te you have on your trade list.

Old February 19th, 2016, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
@dart48, are we going to have a $5.00 fee for a prize winning as well? I liked the idea of getting a store credit or something like that. Also, I'm coming up to Pocatello next Monday on the 22nd, and might pick up the squad of dzu te you have on your trade list.
Ya, $5 entry for prizes. I'll look into the store thing. I'll be here Monday so sure, I'm good for that.
Old February 19th, 2016, 02:12 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Fair point Trex, I guess I'm just getting a little "antsy". We just completed hosting our first tournament and b/c we were new to it, it took us a while...but I forget sometimes that ya'll have been doing this stuff for a very long time...so you've probably got the planning thing like a pro

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old February 19th, 2016, 02:25 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Fair point Trex, I guess I'm just getting a little "antsy". We just completed hosting our first tournament and b/c we were new to it, it took us a while...but I forget sometimes that ya'll have been doing this stuff for a very long time...so you've probably got the planning thing like a pro
I just checked out some of your videos, well done. The planning for tournaments is not my strong suit, but I have put together hundreds of organized game nights at my place over the years. Biggest part is for set up and take down, getting people involved with helping out in those areas.

Old February 29th, 2016, 05:31 AM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
I don't wanna get people fired up or anything so I hope nobody takes this personally or anything...

@dart48 could we do no HOSS for the tournament? Now, I'm sure HOSS is great... it's just that I am 0% familiar with it and I'll probably have at least 2 or 3 of my guys from up here coming down who are already limited in their knowledge of classic 'scape as it is. I'm okay with C3V b/c I've become more acquainted. BUT if I'm the only one that feels this way about HOSS let me know...cause if I'm the odd man out than I guess majority rules. It's just I'm much less comfortable playing against units I know nothing about.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old February 29th, 2016, 11:19 AM
"like" happy

@adoney, why not familiarize yourself with it http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=48770. Its based on a kinda popular show called Star Wars.. The customs we make at hoss are compatible with regular scape and very much play tested to make them just right. I know Darth Vader is scary, but he can be killed by regular heroscape characters. The only difference with hoss compared to regular is some of the units have force symbols on their cards that let them leap or force push figures. I don't generally build lava maps for tournaments anyway so theres that. It seems silly to not want a whole guild of play tested customs from a big group from the site just because your not familiar with them. @dart48, let me know if there is any changes. You are the one setting it up.
EDIT: Every card that is playable and legitimate is up in the Hoss Archives. When I talked to Dart the other day, he said not many people would bring Hoss anyways. (except probably me, and my group.) For some fun new competition.

Old February 29th, 2016, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Quote:
I don't wanna get people fired up or anything so I hope nobody takes this personally or anything...

@dart48 could we do no HOSS for the tournament? Now, I'm sure HOSS is great... it's just that I am 0% familiar with it and I'll probably have at least 2 or 3 of my guys from up here coming down who are already limited in their knowledge of classic 'scape as it is. I'm okay with C3V b/c I've become more acquainted. BUT if I'm the only one that feels this way about HOSS let me know...cause if I'm the odd man out than I guess majority rules. It's just I'm much less comfortable playing against units I know nothing about.
I'm allowing Hoss because I know they have been playtested thoroughly, and I support the communities custom projects. Like @TREX said, Hoss isn't that much different than classic 'Scape. If you have any questions about them specifically, feel free to get a hold of me, or even TREX. We'd both be happy to help clarify specifics. As it stands, I'd like to still allow Hoss.
Old February 29th, 2016, 12:35 PM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun

I haven't posted here since August, will be missing this jaunt up to Idaho.

However, a couple non-Heroscapey gaming con announcements for you all:

SaltCON 2016, at the Davis Conference Center in Layton Utah, is this weekend. Targeting 1,000 people this year, it will be Awesome.

iCON, in Idaho Falls, is the second weekend in April, on the 8th-9th at the Veterans Memorial Hall downtown. It's much smaller, but a good group of people shows up, I finally had the chance to attend last October.
Old February 29th, 2016, 08:08 PM

all fair points, haha...I guess I was just being a stickler ...I look forward to taking out some Jedi!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old March 1st, 2016, 12:32 AM
"like" happy

Quote:
all fair points, haha...I guess I was just being a stickler ...I look forward to taking out some Jedi!
That's the spirit. I like killing everything!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers