Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games
Contests and Forum Games Create, Participate, or Vote in a contest or Forum game here

Old April 14th, 2024, 01:01 AM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Age of Annihilation Map Contest

Not in this Joint
Uses: 1x AoA

Last edited by Leaf_It; April 15th, 2024 at 10:38 AM.
Old April 14th, 2024, 01:39 AM

Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Absolutely didn't name these 30 minutes before posting

Lovely entries so far everyone!

Embroiled
Requires: 1 AoA and 1 JaLE

Verdant Vigil
Requires: 1 AoA and 2 JaLE
Old April 14th, 2024, 02:06 PM

Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Ritual

Really good stuff here, everyone!

"I disagree. You're kind of right, yes, but Vydar and I are entirely right." -superfrog

High Quality Map Rendering
Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
VC Units Base Size Spreadsheet
Old April 15th, 2024, 12:32 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Here are my entries:

Oasis No More
2x BftWs and 1x LJ

Spoiler Alert!

Fallen
1x AoA Master Set and 1x BftWs (Battle for the Wellspring)

Last edited by MegaSilver; April 15th, 2024 at 12:52 AM.
Old April 15th, 2024, 12:45 AM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Going to have to update with .pdfs tomorrow but here are my submissions:

Sundered Sea Stronghold - 1 AoA, 1 BftW, 1 Jungle

Admiral's Plateau - 1 AoA, 1 BftW, 1 Jungle

Last edited by Sheep; April 16th, 2024 at 04:52 PM.
Old April 15th, 2024, 07:24 AM
Online HS Seasons 3 and 7 Champion

Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I know I'm late I totally forgot, here is my entry if you still want it:

Hexcelmans:
Requires 1x AoA, 1xLJ

Old April 15th, 2024, 09:17 PM
Not a n00b

Dunedain knows what's in an order marker Dunedain knows what's in an order marker Dunedain knows what's in an order marker

I am late as well, if y'all will take my entry here it is!

Wool:
Requires 1x AoA, 1xLJ

Old April 15th, 2024, 10:34 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Y'all are fine. I'm going to cut off more sign ups from here on out though so Skywhale has time to take photos. I need to build the non-AoA pillar maps myself as well.
Old Yesterday, 04:07 PM

Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Meant to do this before voting was well underway, but I wanted to share my quick thoughts on all the maps from this contest. Note that a most of my thoughts here are just cursory opinions and may not actually reflect how good the maps are competitively, though I have tried my best to evaluate them all fairly.

Admiral’s Plateau by Sheep
I love the look of Admiral’s Plateau, had I been a bit more attentive to the poll I would have given it my vote in round 1. I suppose the only knock against it is that it’s hard to tell which side is better without having played on it.

Board (2 Tiers) by superfrog
This map has some things going for it, decent LoS blockers and good but not OP podding areas, but I think I was sort of underwhelmed by its table presence. I think anyone taking this to tournament will have a good time on it though.

Ceremony by me
(Biased, but) I think this map is one of the better AoA only maps from the contest. It was difficult to get my head around the terrain requirements at first but ultimately am glad where it ended up.

A Day at the Beach by Nukatha
Better than Sluice Gates, but still not great. If jungle adjacent to level 3 is a no-no, jungle adjacent to level 5 is sacrilege. The map is also huge, and the wellspring water at the edge of the map is not incentive enough to pull players away from the hill.

Eltania by Flash_19
I think this is the standout map of the tournament (well, except for mine obviously), just a very solid looking asymmetric map. Like Admiral’s Plateau, it’s hard to judge how good it really is, but at a glance it all looks very well balanced to me.

Embroiled by Ulysses
I wasn't in love with all the choke points near the northern glyph, but I do think there is a lot of appeal to this map. Not much to say other than that without having played on it, solid map!

Fallen by Megasilver
Fallen is a miss for me mostly because it lacks a lot of aesthetic appeal, the different types of land terrain are kind of used all over the place and I wasn't really a fan of all the random single hex wellspring spots. The middle also seems like a pain to cross, I could see games pushing to one side of the map depending on which glyph is the strongest since they are hard to get to as is being on level 4.

Hexcelmans by Foudzing
I’m not a fan of the glyph areas at all, but the middle seems balanced enough. Not bad, but not a standout for me either.

Hidden Grove by Sir Heroscape
The map seems to pull left, the far right of the SZ is just kinda bad for 5-movers. That being said, the rest looks good. For the terrain this map uses, I think Hidden Grove is a pretty stellar option.

Invested by Flash_19
Aesthetically speaking, this map nails everything. I wasn't sure if I was going to give it my vote due to to how tight the wellspring water side looked, but it looked solid enough to push it over the edge (Plus it manages to effectively use the big wall, so extra points for that).

Knot in Tresting by superfrog
That line of wellspring water out the right really bugs me. Even though I get why it’s there, it negates any purpose of placing units over there unless they’re flying or you have no other space in your SZ.

Lost Wonder by me
I know it underutilizes the LoS blockers from AoA, but as a counterpart to my other map I intended Lost Wonder to be more open. I think I get away with it with the jungle, and I think the map conveys its aesthetic of a lost shrine with this wellspring in the middle nicely.

Neptune’s Parapet by Chubbs7575
I’m not a big fan of the giant wall in the middle and I’m not a fan of how two-hillsy the map is.

Not in this Joint by Leaf_It
A boring map but it looks like it plays fine. It’s giving me July vibes, but without the lava field.

Oasis No More by Megasilver
I think it’s pretty good given the terrain restrictions, but Oasis falls a bit short for me in a couple aspects. The middle looks bumpy, and getting to the right-side glyph, while only 8 moves away, seems difficult to get to. Aesthetically speaking, I like it quite a bit though.

Ritual by Vydar_XLIII
The only map I’ve actually played on in this competition aside from my own. It’s very good, and even though there’s no level 3 here the map doesn’t really need it. Nice work here.

Scumrun Island by TreePowerz
The map is very bumpy and while I don’t think the level 3 jungle is that much of a problem, it is very prevalent here. Also coming out the left of the SZ feels particularly rough with not much jungle or LoS blockers to develop behind.

Shattered Crest by TreePowerz
Again, looks pretty hilly for and I’m not sure it utilizes its LoS blockers super well. Also don’t love the random, disconnected sand throughout the map.

The Sluice Gates at Laur's Edge by Nukatha
As a competitive map, I don't think this map is very good if I'm being honest. The scenario attached seems neat, but it would never be played as intended in tournament anyway. Having to pass through water is bad enough for melee armies, being forced to cross a minimum of 2 water tiles to get to the other side is just brutal. Also, I checked the build instructions and .hsc file for this map, and while it is technically buildable, there are lots of floating pieces on the first level and many unstable overhangs that concern me.

Sundered Sea Stronghold by Sheep
I like Sundered Sea Stronghold quite a bit more than Framework. Framework felt a little too good for range the last time I played on it (granted, I played against AE versus Sheep himself) and the jungle/ central pillars looks like they help out in that matchup. I still worry about horizontal movement throughout the map, but generally speaking I think this is pretty dang good.

Tidal Ruins by Chubbs7575
The center of Tidal Ruins has one of the most painful chokepoints for melee, but it does looks a lot better in person.

Verdant Vigil by Ulysses
Kind of a weird one. At first glance I didn’t really like it, all the jungle in the SZ and it’s slender, wavy appearance kind of threw me off. However, after analyzing it a bit closer, it looks like a very fun, solid map. It looks a bit thin if anything, but the middle seems to be dynamic making it play a bit bigger than it really is.

Wool by Dunedain
I don’t quite get the name; my best guess is that the walls vaguely remind me of a loom? That said, this might be my favorite Dunedain map to date, great job!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games